onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another poor Smurf decision

Iron Curtain

I like Michael Brown and I know he is fighting a losing battle. But it's becoming more and more obvious that he isn't the man for the job.

So yet again Mr Smurthwaite has made another massive clanger.

Offering Browny a contract extension before even offering him the job on a full time.

If we decide to bring someone else in, anyone worth their salt will want to bring on their own team meaning either a payoff we can't afford or Browny hanging around like a bad smell.

The foolish five on this forum will try and defend Smurf again.

Shame of Smurf.

Shame on those that still support him after he has proven time after time after time that he is not capable of making a success of his tenure at Port Vale.

Advert

Today isn't the day to bash him yet again' date=' today is the day to confirm Brown is utterly tactically inept and that the players, Smith and Eagles aside, have zero heart.[/quote']

Bash him?He's the one holding the purse strings and greedily kept the £350,000 instead of bringing in the the quality he knew we didn't have.Shame on you Smurf,an absolute shambles of a season under your tenure and at what cost.A monumental task now to stay in this division that everyone at the club fought so hard to secure.

Today isn't the day to bash him yet again' date=' today is the day to confirm Brown is utterly tactically inept and that the players, Smith and Eagles aside, have zero heart.[/quote']

You STILL try to defend Smurf even when he gives Brown an army with water pistols to fight Cruise missiles ? Your posts are just beyond a joke after this result, and the worst thing is that you are trying to deflect the real blame. Shameful, absolutely shameful.

Have you been in his new car yet ?

If Smurf had provided the money to back Michael Brown and sign Alex Jones and the three experienced players strongly rumored to be at Vale on deadline day in January then Vale wouldn't be in this position. The poor decision was not to provide the money not the appointment of Michael Brown.

He did sign Tyler walker who showed he could score goals and it wasn't his fault that he got injured because if he didn't we would be winning more and not in the position we are in. Can't win without a goalscorer and I think he will bring in if we keep him next season another goalscorer.

Sent from my iPod touch using onevalefan

He did sign Tyler walker who showed he could score goals and it wasn't his fault that he got injured because if he didn't we would be winning more and not in the position we are in. Can't win without a goalscorer and I think he will bring in if we keep him next season another goalscorer.

Sent from my iPod touch using onevalefan

Walker scored in his first 2 games and then looked woeful for his next 3, and the got injured. I'm not arguing that he isn't a good player but after his first game, he scored a tap in away at Scunny and looked then looked ineffectual. I don't think he would have done much to keep us up (though he's better than Reg).

Although Brown isn't good enough, this season is a culmination of one man's error, and it ain't Brown.

Smurf should just put the club up for sale for 2m see who comes in for it and write off the 4m he reckons that the club owes him.

Most other owners put money into football clubs that they know they aren't going to see again and don't expect it back. The complete idiotic buffoon who owns our club thinks different.

All this rubbish that he saved the club is exactly that, rubbish, there were 4 potential buyers so if Smurf and Wildes hadent of brought it then others would have.

I like many likeminded Vale fans just want this clown gone and the least he can do is put the club up for sale at what it's worth and we can go our seperate ways. That's the least he owes us all.

I no longer dislike the man I'm actually beginning to absolutely loathe him!

How on Gods earth can you defend Smurthwaite, the man will ruin, if he hasn't already succeeded my club, he's a buffoon of the highest order.

You cannot blame Brown for the Bruno experiment and also the transfer deadline fiasco.

So who IS responsible for all the shockingly poor decisions,appointments?

I just don't see how he ever thought this big Bruno experiment could ever end well. Even people with no interest in football and limited interest in sports in general the I have discussed this with think: "hiring an untested foreign manager, taking a scattergun approach to signing players dwelling in lower leagues across Europe and then expecting them to gel into a decent team" is never going to end well. How did Smurf fall for it?

I just don't see how he ever thought this big Bruno experiment could ever end well. Even people with no interest in football and limited interest in sports in general the I have discussed this with think: "hiring an untested foreign manager, taking a scattergun approach to signing players dwelling in lower leagues across Europe and then expecting them to gel into a decent team" is never going to end well. How did Smurf fall for it?

But at least he has SOMEONE ELSE to blame

Archived