onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well Done Port Vale

MBE

Oh your right! that Lorne street is definitely coming on a treat, there were no wheel barrows or half Enders lying around the last time I looked, someone has really gone to town on it maybe when we're next in the championship play off race there will be seats and everything in it!

Advert

Not a bad evening in terms of the actual game. The England Ladies almost seemed petrified to shoot on goal at times. They should have GOAL bonuses whereby they can take their fellas credit card for a spin down at Harrods on hitting the back of the onion bag. Seemed a little queer sat in the Hamil Road end and not been able to see the scoreboard malfunction every 20 seconds. Oh yes, and the family of Stoke City supporting imbeciles who sat directly in front of my daughter and I. Jesus wept. From the moment they arrived, some 20 mins into the game, they were horrid. And they were the type that didn't think they were causing any mither. Plain thick and selfish. Smoking vapes, crude innuendo in front of their offspring, all of whom were female and under 16. Constantly standing up, taking countless selfies....

Oh your right! that Lorne street is definitely coming on a treat, there were no wheel barrows or half Enders lying around the last time I looked, someone has really gone to town on it maybe when we're next in the championship play off race there will be seats and everything in it!

There's definitely more seats in there since I was last in the ground against Shrewsbury. The both upper blocks closest to the creche are filled now. It was just the block closest to the tunnel before. Reckon it won't be long until we finally get seats on the lower sections now. I know we don't get the crowds and arn't likely to in L2 but it'd be nice to see a complete stadium.Vale Park would be a very impressive lower league venue if the whole seating arrangement was complete. A few people around me tonight just attending for the England game were commenting on what an impressive stadium it would be "if that stand was finished".

I really enjoyed it, quality football! A few noticeable differences such as speed & power (plus they aren't as aggressive/good in the air). We needed to be a lot more confident in shooting, almost trying to walk it in at times, but had so many chances & could have scored 4 or 5 in each half. Both goals were great finishes too, & a very good crowd created a great atmosphere. Looking forward to Euro 2017, I think we'll do well, very composed at the back & passing/creativity going forward was very entertaining! We all agreed it was essentially like watching a slowed down PL game.

Also, as an added note, Vale could learn a few things from watching those. Especially the tactics, was so refreshing to see a player standing on each touchline & us using the wings properly!

My first time in the away end, & I was actually impressed with it, great view aside from the pillars, but we moved to the side & it was pretty much perfect. Just a few from tonight, haven't sorted through them yet...

17837651_1498046403593741_1326235035_o.jpg

17797479_1498046400260408_1627312217_o.jpg

17836843_1498046416927073_1141990945_o.jpg

Well done, Vale! Would have loved to have got down to this game but work commitments took precedence. A very good gate, and congratulations to the management team for getting the game played at our venue - must give us the chance of future ones, and can only be a good thing. We do everything right, for once, yet someone still has to have a pop!!!

I walked up 5 minutes before ko purchased a ticket and walked straight in the Hamil end in time for the start. The Railway paddock queuing backed up fair bit though.

England were just lacking in front of goal and were otherwise pretty good

Well done, Vale! Would have loved to have got down to this game but work commitments took precedence. A very good gate, and congratulations to the management team for getting the game played at our venue - must give us the chance of future ones, and can only be a good thing. We do everything right, for once, yet someone still has to have a pop!!!

It beggars belief Bon'Ami.

Was a good game

Think the girls need shoot abit more they seemed scared of taking a shot nobbs(number 7) looks dangerous and first half was all over the place and our number 4 she's a class act wins the ball and very good in the air puts the Vale defence to shame.

Was well worth getting a ticket first experience for me watching women's ill watch another if I get a chance :D

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They had 23 shots

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

I felt i was back home last night where i started to watch the vale on the hamil all those years ago,what a difference from the bycars the away fans are spoiled at vale park.Enjoyed the match both teams used the the full width of the pitch plenty of good football played some strong defending congrats to both teams.

It beggars belief Bon'Ami.

It certainly does...and it just shows the mindset of some, on here, who are determined to be critical of the Vale, regardless what we do! This game - the arrangement of which was a huge surprise to most of us, I'm sure? - could prove to be a real bonus for further future events, and it's to the good of the Vale as a club - doesn't / wouldn't matter who the Chairman is, it raised Vale's profile immensely which has to be a good thing! Who expected that attendance? Certainly not me, and I'm so pleased that many people turned out! Again - well done, Vale!

Archived