Matchday Thread: Chesterfield v Port Vale

Well maybe not the best time start a thread on a massive game in PVFCs recent history after last nights whatever it was .

Im stunned and saddenned that a team can go from the sublime to the ridiculous every sat to tues the last month .

Team well whos fit and more importantly who wants put a shift in .

If everyones available this is is my side for a game im attending so i want c 11 matadors representing my club not 11 pussies.

Melmet

Purk Bik Str Smi Kiko

Amoros Foley Defreitas

Eagles

Turner ( reggie if fit ).

Close the door work ya knackers off and win the game .

I dont want c posers like R Taylor and JJ Hooper in the team yes u got ability but u have u got fight .

M Brown get it right Vales whole existence is at stake .

U got the plaudits v Wimbledon ,but did u get it wrong v Rochdale when u know these very same players have shown in recent away games at Northampton and Coventry they r incapable of playing two games in 3 days .

U get it right on sat lad

Utv

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well maybe not the best time start a thread on a massive game in PVFCs recent history after last nights whatever it was .

Im stunned and saddenned that a team can go from the sublime to the ridiculous every sat to tues the last month .

If everyones available this is is my side for a game im attending so i want c 11 matadors representing my club not 11 pussies.

Melmet

Purk Bik Str Smi Kiko

Amoros Foley Defreitas

Eagles

I dont want c posers like R Taylor and JJ Hooper in the team yes u got ability but u have u got fight .

U got the plaudits v Wimbledon ,but did u get it wrong v Rochdale when u know these very same players have shown in recent away games at Northampton and Coventry they r incapable of playing two games in 3 days .

Utv

Amoros?

How on earth is he going to start ?

Amoros?

How on earth is he going to start ?

Why not he puts tackles in u need have the ball in order do anything with it ,who else is there stick young Reeves in then or Tavares i dont care i eant c players fighting for every ball and maybe just maybe we can then be in a position to get our good players in position where we can trouble them and not us .

Who would u choose ?

Admin wont be very happy you started the matchday thread.:razz:

Lol i do apologise but im so fired up and the game is days away and with me going a place ive being regularly last few years and seeing Vale play ever so poorly apart from when Popey scored tbat epic header in 2-2 draw in promotion season ,it means a lot to me that we play well and i come away saying i enjoyed that .

4-2 defeat last season 3-0 the year before it certainly hasnt being a pleasant train journey home last few years so this sat i want it be .

Melmet

Purk Bik Str Smi Kiko

Amoros Foley Defreitas

Eagles

Utv

I actually agree with your team selection, although the position of Amoros could be filled by Tavares also. Also I'd stick Hooper up top [if reggie isn't fit] as although he hasn't been great recently that's down to the defensive side of his game, which he wouldn't have a problem with playing up front. Plus I wouldn't start Turner or Reeves - They look promising but aren't ready to start games yet.

However I would play big Reg with Eagles in behind if possible. Reg is a nuisance and Eagles is intelligent enough to read his play. Pack the middle of the park and hit them on the break.

No matter how rubbish fans think players like Pugh or Taylor perform I think they will always be first choice over the EFL inexperience of players like Amoros, Tavares, Reeves or Defreitas. I don't think Brown is willing to take too much of a chance on inexperience unless he absolutely has to.

Only bottom half club left to play apart from Walsall, so on paper our best away chance left, not that our away fortunes are worth much. Injuries and suspension mount up again. Spireites rested and buoyant after their draw at Bolton, but with Nolan suspended. Mixture of stage fright or the chances of a 6th successive win by Bolton was to their advantage on Saturday in getting a surprise point, I would expect them to be looking for 3 points not a shock by us?

No matter how rubbish fans think players like Pugh or Taylor perform I think they will always be first choice over the EFL inexperience of players like Amoros, Tavares, Reeves or Defreitas. I don't think Brown is willing to take too much of a chance on inexperience unless he absolutely has to.

Nobody said they were rubbish ,but if u asking players play 2 games in 3 days and they r not capable or fit enough then u aint doing them any favours or yourself if your the manager u need 90 plus mins hard running in u for every game minimum.

Brown needs be brave its as simple as that .

Chesterfield will play with confidence and no fear u can guarantee it .

They like Coventry will have pride .

We must match them all over the pitch .

Nobody said they were rubbish ,but if u asking players play 2 games in 3 days and they r not capable or fit enough then u aint doing them any favours or yourself if your the manager u need 90 plus mins hard running in u for every game minimum.

Brown needs be brave its as simple as that .

Chesterfield will play with confidence and no fear u can guarantee it .

They like Coventry will have pride .

We must match them all over the pitch .

Yes people are slating them both and championing players like Amoros and Tavares to come in to the side instead.

Yes people are slating them both and championing players like Amoros and Tavares to come in to the side instead.

We want fresh players on the pitch not injured ones ,it doesnt half tell u what Brown thinks of them.

But i say this if i was Brown id throw the shirt at one of them if i thought they were rubbish and say i think u r garbage but u r my only option ive got now so get out there and prove me wrong !!!!

Melmet

Purk Bik Str Smi Kiko

Amoros Foley Defreitas

Eagles

Utv

Totally agree.

Bringing Ryan Taylor back for the 'fight' was a total disaster. I can't get the sight of him doing kickups in his own half whilst 2-0 down at Coventry out of my head. Sadly, Hooper is a non-league striker with no football brain and limited attributes, yet we're relying on him to score the goals to get us out of this mess. Away from home, when midfielders drop back a little deeper, his lack of quality becomes even more evident.

Why not he puts tackles in u need have the ball in order do anything with it ,who else is there stick young Reeves in then or Tavares i dont care i eant c players fighting for every ball and maybe just maybe we can then be in a position to get our good players in position where we can trouble them and not us .

Who would u choose ?

Probably because he has been nowhere near the first team or even the bench in months.

He is not suddenly going to appear in the starting eleven.

He is below Reeves and Guy ( still unfit ? )in the pecking order.

I have no idea who i would choose and neither will Brown, my opinion and that is all that it is, is that Amoros is not dramatically going to reappear any time soon.

Also and again only offering my opinion, i don't quite get the Amoros love in by some on here, what has he actually done really, has he set up any goals, had any efforts himself? To me he is a young lad plying his trade in a strange environment with a game alien to what he is used to and is not some sort of wonder kid to thrust in a relegation dogfight.

The other seven teams in the bottom eight places with a good chance of relegation are all playing at home on Saturday. They all have an easier run in than the Vale too.

Saturday could well seal the fate of Port Vale's season,one way or the other.

Against Chesterfield it is do or die. The team should do and win,or at least go down fighting!

Archived