onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Away form

philmpv

What is the issue? How can a team be sooooo different away from home?

It can't purely be the players, as we were crap away last season with a wholly different team. We've been terrible away for years.

It can't purely be the manager, as every manager seems to have the same issue.

Is it the preparation? Isn't the one time we've actually travelled the day before the single time that we've won away this season? I don't know. Happy to be corrected.

Red card hasn't helped tonight, obviously, but we've just beaten afc at home, won well, against a team who annihilated us away.

Are we too defensive away? I'd we are then I don't see why that's the case, as we nearly always concede! So what's the point?

Myself, I'd predominantly blame a mixture of the system we seem to play away, and the managers for not addressing the clear issue. God knows how we fix it.

Advert

The difference between the home and away games will probably decide who is staying up and who are down.

Of all the sides fighting for relegation, we have 1 more game than all bar Coventry but have 1 home game less than all including Cov. We are all away last game of the season too and with our form could be disastrous.

I've lost count of the number of away games this season where the performance has been completely and totally flat with no tempo or urgency, where we've consistently lost individual battle after individual battle, challenge after challenge, header after header... where we've been naive and not gone out to the horrible and difficult to beat, where we've struggled to string any sort of passing together until long after the game is over as a contest.

Even the one game we won on the road this season had to be handed to us on a plate by that MK left back.

I've lost count of the number of away games this season where the performance has been completely and totally flat with no tempo or urgency, where we've consistently lost individual battle after individual battle, challenge after challenge, header after header... where we've been naive and not gone out to the horrible and difficult to beat, where we've struggled to string any sort of passing together until long after the game is over as a contest.

Even the one game we won on the road this season had to be handed to us on a plate by that MK left back.

.....and we almost fluffed the penalty

The root problem is that our forwards if you can call them that are utter rubbish. None of them can hold the ball up and so the pressure on our defence is constant.

If only we had a real goal threat!!

Problem all season long. Luckily Streete and Smith have double figures between them.

If someone gave you a free bet on 1st scorer for Vale it would be lucky dip.

If it was Bury you go for Vaughan, Swindon Ajose,,we have no obvious threat or main man

Away form and attitude have NOT improved under Brown, which is a bit of a mystery to me considering how Brown used to be as a player. We all felt he would shake the team up and get in their ears, rollicking them and organising a decent squad for at least the away games. No way. The same old tripe and tactics, poor attitude, lilly livered performances from most of the prima donnas stealing a wage. I just don't get it.

Vale do not deserve the support they get at away games from the fantastic fans. I am so, so disillusioned especially as this season this Division is wide open and any half decent squad would be up towards the top, not treading water, slowly sinking into the mire.

Jeckyll and Hyde doesn't come anyway near to Vales' up and down season. Yes we still have a chance of avoiding the drop but come on Brown and Co at least try something different away from home than the absolute dross we have experienced so far. Most of us would rather see us losing 4 3 if we give it a go other than meekly surrendering every time. Frustrated!!r

For such shocking away performances we still manage a good away following. The players should be ashamed of some of the away performances our fantastic travelling Valiants have had to endure. Its the same away dross time after time, for clucks sake do something different, park the bus play ten defenders , go gung ho but at least do something different.

Archived