onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black and Gold 2?

Eddie Hitler

There was an overlap but whether it is true or not is of no interest to self serving OVFians, the lie suits the agenda.

The fact is this; Norman said at a fans forum that he was considering putting the club into administration in August 2013, he was very specific on this point. He then went on to say that Lodey arranged a meeting with Bill Bell at this point and Bell convinced Norman not to put the club in admin. Sadly Bill Bell had died on the 12/2/2013 so there was no overlap. Norman was questioned on here about this the other week, he couldn't give a straight answer. The lie suits no agenda, it is just a lie.

Advert

Who is making stuff up? One person is destroying our club, you have to be blind to not see it so like you say, there is no point knocking

Anyone who misrepresents facts in order to push their own agenda is making stuff up.

That includes claiming something is a lie when only two people know for sure if it is a lie and one of those is dead.

My agenda here is fairness, and there is no way that you can possibly know that the bill bell story was a lie. At the very worst you can say that parts of the story were untrue. That's as definitive as you or anyone else can be.

Anyone who misrepresents facts in order to push their own agenda is making stuff up.

That includes claiming something is a lie when only two people know for sure if it is a lie and one of those is dead.

Everyone who was at that supporters' meeting heard Norman say this. The meeting he reported with Bill Bell was clearly a figment of his imagination. Why can't you see this?

My agenda here is fairness, and there is no way that you can possibly know that the bill bell story was a lie. At the very worst you can say that parts of the story were untrue. That's as definitive as you or anyone else can be.

I have highlighted the timeline above. The dates Norman quoted were quite specific, he was lying. He claimed further 3 weeks ago that he was meeting with Bell for 7 months, this meant he was meeting with him for 3 months before buying the club, when questionned he claimed he meant 7 times, when asked further questionned he reverted to ridicule mode. Its easy to see when someone is lying, he was lying.

Guest TommyMac
Everyone who was at that supporters' meeting heard Norman say this. The meeting he reported with Bill Bell was clearly a figment of his imagination. Why can't you see this?

Because he obviously doesn't want to and it doesn't suit his agenda.

Forget Smurth support the Vale in up coming matches. I remember much worse directors and very much worse boards of directors. When I am at matches I try to always support the players on the field, never moan unless they give less than 100%. Our job is to support the name of Port Vale, to support the players and manager. Owners and directors come and go but the fans, our club is historical and has been through good and bad to survive to this day. Do we really want to go into liquidation again. Seeing what I see on this platform if I was Smurthwaite i would give the club away, why take all this tosh when to date he has put £3.7million in? Yes he is a bit of a nutter but he must be to put up with the fans we here on social media, trouble is there are about 30 people out of 4000 fans who are trying to get him out. They don't speak for the majority who just want to see the team fight their way out of this!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Forget Smurth support the Vale in up coming matches. I remember much worse directors and very much worse boards of directors. When I am at matches I try to always support the players on the field, never moan unless they give less than 100%. Our job is to support the name of Port Vale, to support the players and manager. Owners and directors come and go but the fans, our club is historical and has been through good and bad to survive to this day. Do we really want to go into liquidation again. Seeing what I see on this platform if I was Smurthwaite i would give the club away, why take all this tosh when to date he has put £3.7million in? Yes he is a bit of a nutter but he must be to put up with the fans we here on social media, trouble is there are about 30 people out of 4000 fans who are trying to get him out. They don't speak for the majority who just want to see the team fight their way out of this!

I agree entirely with you Walter, about the need to support the players on the pitch. You say only 30 people are dissatisfied with him. What about the 2,000 we have lost off our average attendance over the last few years? What about the pretty dramatic reduction in season ticket sales. Some of us like you are daft enough to keep going. Many aren't and it is these people who need to be won back by the club. Norman has done little or nothing to bring this about. He needs to learn lessons and he needs to do it pretty quickly.

How many chairmen/owners have you seen at the club since you started supporting them? Quite a few - you're still here, they aren't. That's why you're more important.

Let's put it another way. I love football and support Port Vale. I have in total put into the club approx £20,000 over a 35 year period.

I can remember speaking to smurf, the first and only time, at a midweek fixture where he openly told me it had cost him £20,000 to put the game on. Now yes I'm still here, and will be No matter who is in charge, how ever the person paying the bills are the most important person in any company /club. Unless a viable option / buyer can be found then I'm sorry but Smurf will remain th3 most important person at Vale Park. Unless supporters want administration again.

I also think that if a new owner was to come in, and lets face it it will not be a extremely rich man, then let's face it after the honeymoon period we will still be in the same position as we are now.

Port Vale is a club who attracts 4,000 season ticket holders. You do the maths!

I agree entirely with you Walter, about the need to support the players on the pitch. You say only 30 people are dissatisfied with him. What about the 2,000 we have lost off our average attendance over the last few years? What about the pretty dramatic reduction in season ticket sales. Some of us like you are daft enough to keep going. Many aren't and it is these people who need to be won back by the club. Norman has done little or nothing to bring this about. He needs to learn lessons and he needs to do it pretty quickly.

I didn't stop going because I was dissatisfied with Smurf. I suppose getting threatened by a poster on here at one game didn't help (one of the Tim gang you know who you are) but overall it was Rob Pages dire football that deflated my interest and after that I got a job where I work weekends so for me its over anyway.

If we are saying Smurf has lost 2000 fans can we say he also gained 900 of them promotion season?

Let's put it another way. I love football and support Port Vale. I have in total put into the club approx £20,000 over a 35 year period.

I can remember speaking to smurf, the first and only time, at a midweek fixture where he openly told me it had cost him £20,000 to put the game on. Now yes I'm still here, and will be No matter who is in charge, how ever the person paying the bills are the most important person in any company /club. Unless a viable option / buyer can be found then I'm sorry but Smurf will remain th3 most important person at Vale Park. Unless supporters want administration again.

I also think that if a new owner was to come in, and lets face it it will not be a extremely rich man, then let's face it after the honeymoon period we will still be in the same position as we are now.

Port Vale is a club who attracts 4,000 season ticket holders. You do the maths!

Do we really attract 4000 season ticket holders? Seriously, I don't think we do at present

like the mass march before the morecombe game we won 7-1? Plus if we were signing, only the deaf players would know what we were on about

The difference between that day and tomorrow is the team that won 7-1 had absolutely nothing to play for at the time, unlike the current side which are in a scrap. Big difference.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived