onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page

Jimmy

Advert

oh the irony, he never really played any youngsters at Vale including numerous loanees.

You can mock, but he had a better record last season with a lot of criticised players, what I would give for his record this season.

oh the irony, he never really played any youngsters at Vale including numerous loanees.

True, because he was over-cautious and always wanted to make sure Vale were safe from any threat before risking anything.

I really expect that to change in time, and we will see Page do well as a manager, he has integrity and honesty as well as a capacity for hard work and in time will add flair and imagination to his sides.

I wish him well, and expect him to be back in league football as a manager within 2 or 3 years.

not mocking , it is a FACT , he never played youngsters.

Also we finished where we did in spite of him, not because of him.

Yet all the players were kak according to many on here. So rubbish players and a rubbish manager finished in the top half of the division. I just wish we were that bad now.

True, because he was over-cautious and always wanted to make sure Vale were safe from any threat before risking anything.

I really expect that to change in time, and we will see Page do well as a manager, he has integrity and honesty as well as a capacity for hard work and in time will add flair and imagination to his sides.

I wish him well, and expect him to be back in league football as a manager within 2 or 3 years.

i don't wish him any ill Bea, he was okay no more no less.

However he had a massive budget at the runaway Champions of League 2 and contrived to have them in the relegation zone.

Then made an ill advised comment about his team were like a bunch of girls. ouch.

Yet all the players were kak according to many on here. So rubbish players and a rubbish manager finished in the top half of the division. I just wish we were that bad now.

As a 46 game a season person Jacko you would of witnessed the tedium of the 1-0 away defeats that followed the same dreary pattern.

Off the top of my head Southend, Bradford, Bury,Sheff utd.

Most involved no plan once we went behind.

Final straw for me was penultimate game at Scunny, 0-0 at half time, as Barnsley were losing at the time we were mathematically 2 points off the play-offs.

We did not have a single shot during the second half of football and lost..yes you got it...1-0 .

It is all about opinion, Page in my eyes was an okay manager, nowt special but drove me bonkers with his negative tactics away from home.

I too wish we were that bad now but still feel it was right time for him to go.

Hindsight is a great thing, i for one was glad he went, what has gone on since is down to Smurfs inability to appoint the type of manager this club needed.

I have said it before and will repeat it here, we have only had 3 proper managers in 15 years, Horton, Adams and Gannon.

The 3rd was an unmitigated disaster.

All other appointments have been in-house or on the cheap.

This club needs a proper manager.

Archived