onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Vale Win - post match conversation

WalterJ

brilliant result, jj hoopers best game for port vale, callum guy was possessed, anton forrester showed some character to play so soon after the passing of his father, all the midfield and strikers worked their socks off. the atmosphere was amazing the crowd really were the 12th man we need that every game now and I truly believe we can get out of the bottom 4 well done to everyone

Advert

Kiko may have a sweet left foot but defensively he's an absolute liability. (valiant_593)

... I agree. He should be on the left side of midfield if anywhere, with a good defender behind him. At the moment though, we are struggling with the left back position, Knopps currently being the best LB but is having to play CH.

Kiko may have a sweet left foot but defensively he's an absolute liability. (valiant_593)

... I agree. He should be on the left side of midfield if anywhere, with a good defender behind him. At the moment though, we are struggling with the left back position, Knopps currently being the best LB but is having to play CH.

Might not be great, but it's pretty much the best back 4 we have available right now. We've seen enough of players being out of position this season, for me that would be a step backwards.

No need to make more major changes either after such an important win. Messing around at this stage only further destabilises the team.

Which makes the Michael Brown signing of Tanser even more mysterious.

Which makes the Michael Brown signing of Tanser even more mysterious.

Maybe he thought he was getting something different than hes turned out to be and was signed on the basis of the amount of games hes played at this level? Hes arguably got more league experience than Kiko.

Maybe he thought he was getting something different than hes turned out to be and was signed on the basis of the amount of games hes played at this level? Hes arguably got more league experience than Kiko.

I know what you saying PV1973, but he must of been scouted surely? his last game for Dale was a car crash.

Basically our 3rd choice now behind Knopps ( once Streete fit ) then Kiko.

I know what you saying PV1973, but he must of been scouted surely? his last game for Dale was a car crash.

Basically our 3rd choice now behind Knopps ( once Streete fit ) then Kiko.

You would think so. But I'm reading between the lines here when I say this. Brown spoke about them not getting in the people they want in January. Agents would have been throwing names at the club, no doubt the 2 QPR lads and Tanser would have been put forward as potential signings loan or short term, and the management team would have had very little opportunity to go and see these lads play. So in short I think they took a flyer on them to get bodies in because they couldnt get who they wanted.

You would think so. But I'm reading between the lines here when I say this. Brown spoke about them not getting in the people they want in January. Agents would have been throwing names at the club, no doubt the 2 QPR lads and Tanser would have been put forward as potential signings loan or short term, and the management team would have had very little opportunity to go and see these lads play. So in short I think they took a flyer on them to get bodies in because they couldnt get who they wanted.

Would agree, looked like a last resort, can't see an out of favour 22yr old with around 60 appearances in 5 seasons being a major target to help keep us up.

Archived