onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What ever happens

RichG

How can we be critical of a bloke that has walked into a club that really was a shambles. He has brought in experienced coaches who will get hopefully get the best out of the squad that he was lumbered with.

Both Eagles and Pugh look like good recruitments as does Guy and Shodipo who scared the life out of Swindon's full back until he tired late on.

My only criticism of Brownie is the way he appears to be pushing some of the foreign legion out but I don't know whether they really want to be here and play for the Club and perhaps he realises this fact.

If he can keep us up he deserves great credit because he wasn't helped much by the Club's owner who seemed keener on 'trousering' the cash that the club received for two of our better players .

Who of the "foreign legion" do you think are good enough now to do better than the player in yesterdays team in their position?

Sent from my XT1072 using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

How can we be critical of a bloke that has walked into a club that really was a shambles.

He didn't walk in to the club, he was already here and very much part of that shambles. Assistant manager, wasn't it?

If he can keep us up he deserves great credit because he wasn't helped much by the Club's owner who seemed keener on 'trousering' the cash that the club received for two of our better players .

I appreciate that you might not lke Norman but that's just an utter lie.

I feel that Browny will be able to get a managers job in Division 2 easily if Vale don't tie him down to a contract as manager. Wonder if he feels that too so he's not overly bothered at this stage what title Smurf bestows on him , as long as he stamps his own passion and beliefs on the team until the season's end.

I'm still 50/50 as to whether he ought to be long term solution for us. see some good things in what he's trying but ,as per any manager he has his foilbles and stubbornness. I would love him to be successful for us with the ever growing band of deputies he's lining up alongside him. Time will tell.

Who of the "foreign legion" do you think are good enough now to do better than the player in yesterdays team in their position?

I aren't suggesting that any of them are but who knows the way the first teamers are dropping like flies that one or two of them may be needed to plug gaps. We need harmony in the dressing room without discord.

I think we have as much harmony in the dressing room as there ever is. JJ seemed happy in his post match interview, he said mb was pushing him hard but I got the impression that he welcomed that. I noticed Nathan Smith and Paulo Tavares having a man hug after the game, the players seem to be as happy as players ever are. Good to see Sam back out on the pitch at the end to clap the fans.

He didn't walk in to the club, he was already here and very much part of that shambles. Assistant manager, wasn't it?

I appreciate that you might not lke Norman but that's just an utter lie.

1.He was an Assistant who I believe was largely at loggerheads with the manager and so he probably had very little input with either recruitment or team selection.

2. Two of the players that Brownie agreed to sign in January the owner caused a breakdown of the deals because he tried to re-negotiate their off. To me losing out on players that could save us from the drop. That indeed tells me the owner is more interested in making money than the wellbeing of the Club.

How can we be critical of a bloke that has walked into a club that really was a shambles. He has brought in experienced coaches who will get hopefully get the best out of the squad that he was lumbered with.

Both Eagles and Pugh look like good recruitments as does Guy and Shodipo who scared the life out of Swindon's full back until he tired late on.

My only criticism of Brownie is the way he appears to be pushing some of the foreign legion out but I don't know whether they really want to be here and play for the Club and perhaps he realises this fact.

I see 'two of our better players' were on the bench over the weekend along with Jones,Dodds,Leitch-Smith,Dicko and Pope.

I see 'two of our better players' were on the bench over the weekend along with Jones,Dodds,Leitch-Smith,Dicko and Pope.

How those players are doing elsewhere isn't a fair reflection on whether or not they are missed. They were part of a squad. We've seen in the past where players can be shocking at other clubs, then come here and be heroes. The same can happen in reverse, and can simply be down to the system they are now playing in.

For me, I like the Brown / Morgan Management team. I think they possess the kind of passion and footballing knowledge that has all the hallmarks of being a successful duo. It doesn't always work out that way of course (Roy Keane, plus many others) but what we have is a really good pair of professionals that have played at a high level and learnt the management trade from some top top managers. Despite our current position, and whether or not Brown has performed well to date, the two excite me as a management team.

They're hungry and keen to go far. How involved Smurf has been in getting them into the club, I don't know. But, credit where it's due as far as I'm concerned. My only criticism there would be the lack of clarity and decision making on Smurfs part. I'd get them both tied down now. Whatever happens. In league 1 these two can take stock and establish a squad that hopefully won't see a repeat of the mistakes made this season. Next season may then become a Pagesque mid table bore. I'd take that, and then look to build the season after.

If we go down, they're the type of characters I'd like to see build a competitive squad. They could attract experienced players given the regard they are held in within the game. The kind of players that get you out of that league; Hughes, Purse etc. I think now is the time for Smurf to do away with as much uncertainty as possible. Get them appointed, give them indicative budgets for each scenario, so the real planning for next season can start now (whilst not deflecting from the job of keeping us up ofcourse), we don't want to be playing catch up late in the pre season again.

Like most people on this thread I think Michael Brown has done a pretty good job so far. He has made some mistakes, the public dig at Jerome Thomas was a mistake but he seems to have moved quickly to patch up that relationship. He will learn from his mistakes. Right now it is certainly far too early to judge but if I had to make a decision now I would say let him have the whole of next season in the job. He certainly seems to be getting the best out of the players he has chosen. There are criticisms from some about him not picking many of Bruno's players. Well to be frank, I would not have picked many of them, they are way off the mark. The main point is that he has proven to be decisive about who/what he wants and is working with them to improve their game and that of the team. He has praised players publicly and he will certainly make them feel good when he does that.

For those fans asking for a more experienced manager I would like to point out that most experienced managers who are available have failed somewhere else! There are some exceptions, Gary Rowett and Alex Neil being two. I doubt that we could afford either of those two, and anyway it looks like Rowett will be appointed by Derby County.

So on balance, yes Michael Brown would be a good permanent appointment.

Great to see good team spirit and a bit of fight about the team now. In fairness to the foreign legion, most of them have bought into the club and their commitment can't be faulted. ADF, Knops, Kiko, Reggie, and Tavares can never be accused of a lack of trying, if not ability. Callum Guy's attitude, considering he's a short-term loanee, has been brilliant in 2 positions. Its also good to see Eagles enjoying his football again.

For me, I criticised him heavily early on in his tenure but Brown has brought back a bit of pride to the Vale, and a bit of battle, which we've been sorely lacking for a couple of seasons.

His transfers will need a bit of work, but he has come across as more assured in his recent interviews, and getting names like Morgan and Kenny in at the club can't do any harm. I'm warming to him.

Archived