onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What ever happens

RichG

Steady progress having been dealt a terrible hand, let him draft a budget with Garlick to finish mid table in L1. Would need similar promotion budget in L2. As with Rudgie you have to take a chance with a rising manager, but will Smurth give him a reasonable budget. To me Brown should have the job whatever, but surely to keep us up why not?

Advert

I'm 50/50 on this, although performances have improved under Brown, until today we hadn't won. I won't be surprised if he gets the job and think with a pre season and the chance to get rid of some of the deadwood and bring his own players in he might just turn the fortunes of this club around, but me personally would prefer to get a more experienced manager in.

If you're being serious that comment just proves what a plank you are. Shame page hasn't got a job so you could've gone to watch his team!

I think a plank is someone who doesn't even read posts before posting the same old tired drivel. I wasn't actually praising Page. Grow up. Your endless jibes of 'go and watch Northampton' say far more about you than me.

Are people not getting a little carried away with the 1 win? What do you want from a manager?

No jury still out for me. Performances have improved but put it into perspective his two wins are against Swindon and Chesterfield. No way should get job if relegated but would definitely give him the job if we stay in the LG1.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

I think a plank is someone who doesn't even read posts before posting the same old tired drivel. I wasn't actually praising Page. Grow up. Your endless jibes of 'go and watch Northampton' say far more about you than me.

Are people not getting a little carried away with the 1 win? What do you want from a manager?

Ok, are you going to go and watch forest as I think page is a coach there?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I think you have got to give Brown an extended chance. We continually debate this but I can't see how you can be too critical of him when he lost 3 of his better players in January and has now been hit by an injury crisis. You can't expect him to perform miracles with someone else's (poor) players.

Whatever happens I'd be happy to see him and his staff given another 12 months to bring some stability to the Club and rebuild the squad in the summer. We can't keep chopping and changing and I don't know what some fans were expecting from him. He isn't a magician and can't just wave a magic wand and turn poor players into good ones overnight. He's done ok for me in very difficult circumstances.

It's touch and go but I'm fairly sure that if he'd got the six injured players fit then we'd almost certainly stay up. Cecilia, De Freitas, Pugh, Walker, Streete & Thomas are all big misses. And you can't blame him for the lengthy injury list.

Archived