onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oatcakes Diameter & thickness

Pheonix Vale

Advert

High lane are the very very best[/quote

Hi any chance you can shorten your name as the letters hide the first three words on your thread the letters are wweare like High lane are

W W E A R E may be brake it down to Wereskintand

weknowweare not having ago at your name but it just hides the start of what you are saying.

Or failing that extend it.............:blink:

Derbyshire oatcakes, what a joke. They are just cashing. Disgusting. No such thing. High Lane are good, very good. Very good delivery service. Order a 100 and stick them in the freezer. Povey, a bit erratic. Sometimes good sometimes bad. Did he not stand for mayor in Leek? Or even was.

Could I just mention pikelettes? They go a bit under the radar.

Well if you can mention pikelets I can mention stotties!!

used to live next to a place that sold the most magnificent sausage and tomato stotties..one of these bad boys cut in half then sort of hollowed out (like a doughy pita bread) and filled with sausages and tinned tomatoes or steak and onions....it was the mutt's

th?id=OIP.0QtS5hFNr_5vFAs79ieExwD6C8&w=121&h=100&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

Derbyshire oatcakes, what a joke. They are just cashing. Disgusting. No such thing. High Lane are good, very good. Very good delivery service. Order a 100 and stick them in the freezer. Povey, a bit erratic. Sometimes good sometimes bad. Did he not stand for mayor in Leek? Or even was.

Could I just mention pikelettes? They go a bit under the radar.

Derbyshire oatcakes are sold in Waterhouses convenience store,but are a bit pale and thick,though.

My favourite are Sneyd Oatcakes. Nice and thin.

The only downside if I buy a cooked one is they use Cheshire cheese and their bacon is cut up into small pieces. Give me a sodding full rasher!

Each to their own ofcoarse but I only have Cheshire cheese on mine, as I think cheddar has little taste.

I think any of the white crumbly cheeses (such as Cheshire) are suitable for melting on oatcakes.

Cheddar does have taste (I only eat mature or vintage) but it can get a bit oily when it's melted.

Mozzarella, Emmental, Manchego and goats cheese also work well.

I'm getting hungry reading this. Shame to say , but I've never had an oatcake. Next visit to Burslem then.

I have some in my freezer. Fresh supplies coming in April. North Texas one Saturday morning? Bacon, eggs, oatcakes and Vale commentary?

I think any of the white crumbly cheeses (such as Cheshire) are suitable for melting on oatcakes.

Cheddar does have taste (I only eat mature or vintage) but it can get a bit oily when it's melted.

Mozzarella, Emmental, Manchego and goats cheese also work well.

Double Gloucester/Cotswold are good ones on them too. Though I like so many, could go on about cheese all day...

Archived