onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke 2Night

Ben

It's pretty obvious that he is being treated favourably by Smurf and that is his only reason for supporting him. I don't know the man, but without getting something in return to blind your opinion you would need to be thick as pig **** to not see what Smurf is doing.

Advert

So...

What was said on Radio Stoke last night anyway? Anything of interest?

They had an interview with Smith where he was praising Chris Morgan appointment, little else on due to Smurf abscence.

And it was mentioned Pugh is a possible doubt for Saturday , fingers crossed there.

I hate listening to radio stoke. Lee Blakeman has to be one of the most unprofessional so called Journalist to ever work on radio. loves having a dig at fans and saying we are "moaning" Give me Phil Bowers over him any day of the week !

Oh and bring back Mick Cullerton to replace Ray williams too . I respect the man as a footballer but hearing him and Blakeman on the radio makes my ears bleed.

Out of interest is it possible for Vale to get coverage from another station ? sure i read somewhere a Plymouth Argyle fan ran his own free radio Via his website for fans everywhere to listen to.

I know we all get annoyed with Radio Joke but Blakeman and Williams are elite to our friends over at Radio Shropshire. They have a presenter called James Bond and the bloke who does the actual commentary can't even pronounce Shrewsbury correctly!! He says Shoesbury. How annoying would that get? They don't have a clue about the opposition players they just say things like 'the port vale defender clears the ball, or 'the number 8 plays the ball forward'

At least blakeman does his homework.

I think we have been spoilt with Bowers and Cullerton

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I really enjoy Radio Stoke's matchday coverage for the most part. The main bloke can be a bit of a suck-up but he actually seems to give a stuff. I like the squabbles between them and think Ray is usually pretty informative. It can be a bit depressing when the team are playing badly but that's fair enough. I used to do Ray a great disservice on here by repeating something that had been bandied around like fact which was actually untrue, and he seems like a decent sort. I wish they'd get Cullerton back instead of Sproson though.

the one thing I would love him to come out and say but I very much doubt it would happen is "SORRY" for this season I got it wrong

To be fair, he did that in the statement yesterday, but the apology was only directed to "True Port Vale supporters" so I'm not sure if I'm one of those, in Norman's eyes anyway, and probably a few of his supporters too.

To be fair, he did that in the statement yesterday, but the apology was only directed to "True Port Vale supporters" so I'm not sure if I'm one of those, in Norman's eyes anyway, and probably a few of his supporters too.

We can agree or disagree on all things Port Vale but it would be my hope you are included as one of the 'True Port Vale supporters' :wink:

We can agree or disagree on all things Port Vale but it would be my hope you are included as one of the 'True Port Vale supporters' :wink:

Thanks Barry.

Given the challenge we face of getting as many people in VP as possible, rather than potentially offend people by questioning whether they're a supporter or not, I'd much prefer it if we classed anyone that's ever stepped foot in the home ends at VP as a "True Port Vale supporter".

Thanks Barry.

Given the challenge we face of getting as many people in VP as possible, rather than potentially offend people by questioning whether they're a supporter or not, I'd much prefer it if we classed anyone that's ever stepped foot in the home ends at VP as a "True Port Vale supporter".

Slightly off topic Bon'Ami - the last time yours truly stood in 'the home ends' (Hamil End) was early 1960 in the company of a lovely lass from Bentilee :smile:

By April 12, 1960 I was in Australia :yes:

Archived