onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port vale are making me so sad!

old sage

I was lay in bed last night trying to think of something positive in what the future holds for the club that I and a slowly diminishing fanbase can look forward too?

Well I can't think how the hell the team that we currently are fielding can possibly dredge up enough points to see us survive the 'dreaded drop'. Personally I can't see sufficient fire power from either our inept front men or our goal shy midfield. With no Grant to protect our defence our rear guard is very brittle. I don't envy acting manager Michael Brown in the task that awaits him. Then when we inevitably go down to L2 our present owner will cast him adrift, the supporters in the main will brand him as a failure and his long term career will be left in tatters. Whether Michael is potentially a good manager I don't know but what I do realise is that he hasn't really been give a realistic chance has he? How could he recruit without his boss giving him a reasonable amount to bring in a couple of players who could have given us a chance of climbing up the table. Instead he and we lost arguably our best two players who could have possibly saved us.

I am told that Brownie had a couple of last day signings lined up with one having had a medical before the white haired maestro stepped in and lowered the agreed wage offer. Then as quick as it took the get his clothes on it was a 'thanks but no thanks'. If this is true then shame on the man in charge of our dwindling finances. I also heard of a talented young player that the manager wished to sign but as soon as Michael phoned the player and mentioned Port Vale the lad hung up. Once again if this is the truth then under our present stewardship we are in a sorry state. It is said that 'football clubs are like a village' because everyone knows each other and at this time Port Vale are amongst a small number who are considered to be 'Village Idiots'. Things are so bad that many supporters of 'that lot down the road' are actually starting to feel sorry for us. I don't want that I want them to see us as possible rivals to them but that now seems light years ago.

Yes I am very sad because relegation as bad as it is, is dwarfed by the fact that I see no apparent signs of a brighter future. At this moment as ludicrous as the story sounds regarding a Norwegian consortium I would welcome then into the club because surely anything is better than what we currently find ourselves burdened with.

Before any Smurf-ite chastises me with his supposed £3.7 million worth of investment I honestly can't see much of this cash has been invested to improve our club. Please don't shout about floodlights and toilets because this is called maintenance not investment and doesn't increase the value of the ground. Building a new stand and strengthening our squad and the like is what I call investment and we have seen damned little of that since Mr Wildes left the club. Okay he was spending his pal's money but he gave a 'blue print' of how much needs to be pumped into a football club to progress and if the owner either didn't want or couldn't afford this money he should have shied away and left us in administration because during this period we were riding high in L2 and balancing the books in the process.

Finally I would love to hear genuine reasons why I should be able to renew my Season Ticket for next season in the realistic hope of a brighter future. I've been on the up and down roller coaster that has been necessary to support Port Vale for nearly 55 years but I feel another dip might finally throw me and many more like minded fans out of our seats.

I sincerely hope that I'm proven to be wrong but normally I have learned how to duck before I get smacked in the face!

Advert

I was lay in bed last night trying to think of something positive in what the future holds for the club that I and a slowly diminishing fanbase can look forward too?

Well I can't think how the hell the team that we currently are fielding can possibly dredge up enough points to see us survive the 'dreaded drop'. Personally I can't see sufficient fire power from either our inept front men or our goal shy midfield. With no Grant to protect our defence our rear guard is very brittle. I don't envy acting manager Michael Brown in the task that awaits him. Then when we inevitably go down to L2 our present owner will cast him adrift, the supporters in the main will brand him as a failure and his long term career will be left in tatters. Whether Michael is potentially a good manager I don't know but what I do realise is that he hasn't really been give a realistic chance has he? How could he recruit without his boss giving him a reasonable amount to bring in a couple of players who could have given us a chance of climbing up the table. Instead he and we lost arguably our best two players who could have possibly saved us.

I am told that Brownie had a couple of last day signings lined up with one having had a medical before the white haired maestro stepped in and lowered the agreed wage offer. Then as quick as it took the get his clothes on it was a 'thanks but no thanks'. If this is true then shame on the man in charge of our dwindling finances. I also heard of a talented young player that the manager wished to sign but as soon as Michael phoned the player and mentioned Port Vale the lad hung up. Once again if this is the truth then under our present stewardship we are in a sorry state. It is said that 'football clubs are like a village' because everyone knows each other and at this time Port Vale are amongst a small number who are considered to be 'Village Idiots'. Things are so bad that many supporters of 'that lot down the road' are actually starting to feel sorry for us. I don't want that I want them to see us as possible rivals to them but that now seems light years ago.

Yes I am very sad because relegation as bad as it is, is dwarfed by the fact that I see no apparent signs of a brighter future. At this moment as ludicrous as the story sounds regarding a Norwegian consortium I would welcome then into the club because surely anything is better than what we currently find ourselves burdened with.

Before any Smurf-ite chastises me with his supposed £3.7 million worth of investment I honestly can't see much of this cash has been invested to improve our club. Please don't shout about floodlights and toilets because this is called maintenance not investment and doesn't increase the value of the ground. Building a new stand and strengthening our squad and the like is what I call investment and we have seen damned little of that since Mr Wildes left the club. Okay he was spending his pal's money but he gave a 'blue print' of how much needs to be pumped into a football club to progress and if the owner either didn't want or couldn't afford this money he should have shied away and left us in administration because during this period we were riding high in L2 and balancing the books in the process.

Finally I would love to hear genuine reasons why I should be able to renew my Season Ticket for next season in the realistic hope of a brighter future. I've been on the up and down roller coaster that has been necessary to support Port Vale for nearly 55 years but I feel another dip might finally throw me and many more like minded fans out of our seats.

I sincerely hope that I'm proven to be wrong but normally I have learned how to duck before I get smacked in the face!

The final line explains why your are still so handsomely good looking :-)

I'm sure you're not the only one worrying about the future of the club. It's sad that so many people clearly care and the situation is concerning them. :yes:

The only thing I'd add is... I really want the names and address of the "valuers" that the Norwegian company used, just in case I ever decide to sell OVF Towers... :whistling:

I'm sure you're not the only one worrying about the future of the club. It's sad that so many people clearly care and the situation is concerning them. :yes:

The only thing I'd add is... I really want the names and address of the "valuers" that the Norwegian company used, just in case I ever decide to sell OVF Towers... :whistling:

I think Bill Gates would seek a second opinion even if they did give you a valuation :smile:

People keep saying theyll have a season ticket whatever division were in. Well im sorry, but i cant justify paying nearly £350 for a season ticket while Normans still in charge of my club. Ill just pick and choose my games next season now. The clubs a joke from top to bottom, and seen some of the things Smurf has said on here the last week or so only confirms the guys got no clue what so ever and to me it looks like hes taking the **** now. We'll be non league in 5 years if this clown is still in charge.

NS has turned our club into a circus- a complete laughing stock. I really don't know what to believe is going on in the background.

We need new owners who are professional. Professional in their approach. Professional in their day to day running of the club. Professional in their vision for the club. Professional in their communications to the media. Willing to leave the football side of things to a professional football manager and his team of professional staff.

Time to go Norman.

Stoke-on-Trent City of Culture 2021 might add a bit of value Rob.:wink:Hold on for a while until we get the nod.

People keep saying theyll have a season ticket whatever division were in. Well im sorry, but i cant justify paying nearly £350 for a season ticket while Normans still in charge of my club. Ill just pick and choose my games next season now. The clubs a joke from top to bottom, and seen some of the things Smurf has said on here the last week or so only confirms the guys got no clue what so ever and to me it looks like hes taking the **** now. We'll be non league in 5 years if this clown is still in charge.

I still be having a S T no matter wot league we in

Don't give a dam about politics of who runs the club or wot rubbish they play. To me that's how Vale SUPPORTERS not fans should do

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I still be having a S T no matter wot league we in

Don't give a dam about politics of who runs the club or wot rubbish they play. To me that's how Vale SUPPORTERS not fans should do

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

However well intentioned , that's the attitude that's got us into this mess AND the previous mess. You've learned absolutely nothing. The only thing in our favour is that even dogs only give an electrified fence one , in the case of a few, two chances.

However well intentioned , that's the attitude that's got us into this mess AND the previous mess. You've learned absolutely nothing. The only thing in our favour is that even dogs only give an electrified fence one , in the case of a few, two chances.

And staying away has achieved exactly what,Nick?

Archived