onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Swindon. 20 quid a ticket. Cash Turnstiles.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Probably, Tim, to help those who moan about queuing for tickets when they leave the pub at 2:55pm.

My mate is a season ticket holder who doesn't drink, he took a non season ticket holding u16 with him yesterday thinking he could pay at the turnstile, he had to go and queue for a a ticket. Obstacles in the way of people we should be bending over backwards to attract and retain.

Although annoying, I can see thee logic in only adults being able to use the cash turnstile. Didn't the fiddleing scam involve letting adults in as juniors then the turnstile bloke pocketing the difference. Or something along those lines.

I paid along with my son at the Railway Stand. A guy couldn't find the turnstile and when we found it it wasn't really very well signposted, just a small A4 piece of paper by the turnstile entrance. I don't think Norman wants them so that's why it's hardly advertised or easy to find but surely if it brings folk in then it must be utilised more. As to the gate men fiddling, well surely either utilise Vale staff on the cash turnstiles or install cameras

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

I paid along with my son at the Railway Stand. A guy couldn't find the turnstile and when we found it it wasn't really very well signposted, just a small A4 piece of paper by the turnstile entrance. I don't think Norman wants them so that's why it's hardly advertised or easy to find but surely if it brings folk in then it must be utilised more. As to the gate men fiddling, well surely either utilise Vale staff on the cash turnstiles or install cameras

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Yep. Little digi camera costs nothing - one in each cash turnstile to prevent any theft.

Although annoying, I can see thee logic in only adults being able to use the cash turnstile. Didn't the fiddleing scam involve letting adults in as juniors then the turnstile bloke pocketing the difference. Or something along those lines.
Too many categories nowadays, long gone are the days when it was men or schoolboys standing turnstiles, with ladies in the seats.

At 2.50 quite lengthy queues at both season ticket and ticket turnstiles but not a sole at cash one at the railway stand. It would be interesting to see the numbers who paid cash.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Will be interesting, I asked one of the stewards if people in the ticket office queue knew the cash was open, Oh yes was the reply.

Will be interesting, I asked one of the stewards if people in the ticket office queue knew the cash was open, Oh yes was the reply.

I went to get my Northampton ticket at about 10am and there were people there buying tickets for yesterday's game, so I assumed they didn't know about the cash turnstiles.

I went to get my Northampton ticket at about 10am and there were people there buying tickets for yesterday's game, so I assumed they didn't know about the cash turnstiles.

Guy I sit behind said he didnt know about cash turnstile and missed first 5 mins of game as he queued at ticket office

Archived