onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Perceptions

osprey

We haven't won in 2017' date=' we haven't won all season without Anthony Grant, the manager has alienated players and hasn't experienced that new manager bounce, teams around us are pulling away picking up vital points, we have somehow created injuries everywhere (particularly in key areas), the two transfer windows have been a disaster, the chairman can't find a decent managerial candidate for love nor money and the experienced players in the team are underperforming.[/quote']

Smurtwaite found the money for an over bloated under performing squad, and yet pleads poverty, its got nowt to do with finding an experienced manager HE WONT PAY FOR ONE Simples.

Advert

We haven't won in 2017' date=' we haven't won all season without Anthony Grant, the manager has alienated players and hasn't experienced that new manager bounce, teams around us are pulling away picking up vital points, we have somehow created injuries everywhere (particularly in key areas), the two transfer windows have been a disaster, the chairman can't find a decent managerial candidate for love nor money and the experienced players in the team are underperforming.[/quote']

Apart from that lot, all is ok really?

I think I preferred it when you thought all was wonderful and the chairman was going to take us to the Champions League final and give out endless sweeties and free holidays.

Well, don't give up on Vale yet - things would look different if we had not let that late goal in at Gillingham and got a point against Bradford.

Despite my moans about the chairman previously, we have to support MB and the players and hope against hope that somehow they can turn it round for what would be a fantastic escape. The inquests on Bruno, transfer windows etc will have to wait but wont be forgotten.

Whos hacked your account.

as we are talking perceptions, spending money experienced manager will solve all our problems,it may enhance the chances of success but no guarantees, I would love to see some stability first,all singing of the same hymn sheet. some will not like this but Burton being a good example of building success and stability, we can only dream as many many football supporters up an down the leagues.just got to try and stay positive and give the team the players on the pitch our full support now regardless of opinions of our club at present. lets get to end of season hopefully cheering them over the line. then lets see what the close season brings, keeping the faith

Well, don't give up on Vale yet - things would look different if we had not let that late goal in at Gillingham and got a point against Bradford.

But alas we didn't .

And if that bid for Ronaldo had been accepted things would look very different. It's the results of 30+ matches that have put is where we are. The next 12 will however determine where we finish

I was just thinking how perceptions of potentially similar situations can be so different

If we were 5 points outside the play off spots with 3 games in hand on the teams around us - I think most people would say we were in a great position and be reasonably optimistic

As we are 5 points away from safety with 3 games in hand on the teams around us - most people are negative and consider us doomed

I know you have to take into account present form etc but in both situations you still need to achieve the same number of points to achieve your goal

just thoughts

Pushing for promotion/a play-off spot is a different dynamic than needing points to stay in lge 1. Both are nail biting but the consequenses of not achieving the latter are awful.

Still much to play for.

Pushing for promotion/a play-off spot is a different dynamic than needing points to stay in lge 1. Both are nail biting but the consequenses of not achieving the latter are awful.

'd rather have points in the bag any day than games in hand.

Spot on Paul.

There seems to be a mis-conception on here that oh it is MK Dons and home and Coventry away, 2 guaranteed shoe-ins.

i am afraid with our form and failure to beat lots of recent teams all in terrible form that these 2 games are unlikely to yield much UNLESS we have a Lazarus like recovery that Bury, Shrews and Oldham have had.

We can live in hope but time is not on our side, i can only speak from the games i have seen and Shrewsbury are the worst side by an absolute country mile, they were simply dreadful.

If they can do what they have done ....who knows

But apart from that everything is ok.

And if that bid for Ronaldo had been accepted things would look very different. It's the results of 30+ matches that have put is where we are. The next 12 will however determine where we finish

It's actually the next 14 games, but don't change the habits of a lifetime of posts by letting facts get in the way.

Archived