onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Perceptions

osprey

I was just thinking how perceptions of potentially similar situations can be so different

If we were 5 points outside the play off spots with 3 games in hand on the teams around us - I think most people would say we were in a great position and be reasonably optimistic

As we are 5 points away from safety with 3 games in hand on the teams around us - most people are negative and consider us doomed

I know you have to take into account present form etc but in both situations you still need to achieve the same number of points to achieve your goal

just thoughts

Advert

If you're just outside the playoffs that shows you are actually capable of winning those games in hand. It's impossible to image three wins out of those three games in hand when we've won three of the last 22 League games.

I can see your view, but we are not winning games and that is very worrying for the fans.

I am sure if the Vale players were playing against only 5 away players in a match, we would still loose, as we would still not score. They would have a set piece and score from it. However, we would show a lot of spirit and fight.

I was just thinking how perceptions of potentially similar situations can be so different

If we were 5 points outside the play off spots with 3 games in hand on the teams around us - I think most people would say we were in a great position and be reasonably optimistic

As we are 5 points away from safety with 3 games in hand on the teams around us - most people are negative and consider us doomed

I know you have to take into account present form etc but in both situations you still need to achieve the same number of points to achieve your goal

just thoughts

DO you not think form plays a part in your scenario.

Stupid thread, bin it off.

No. Being five points from safety with three games in hand is factually a bad position.

Equally being 5 points away from the playoffs with three games in hand is factually a much better one.

It has nothing to do with perception. One scenario would indicate we had won games,while the current real one demonstrates we have not and are unlikely to.

Ah the joys of OVF !

you wonder why with comments like that people get pissed off with it

if you had read my post, i did mention about present form etc - I was just putting some thoughts on that some people may find interesting

but I am very sorry to have offended your obviously higher intelligence and won't trouble your website again ( having said that - i dont think this is by far the stupidist thread or post on OVF by a long way that i have read )

Ah the joys of OVF !

you wonder why with comments like that people get pissed off with it

if you had read my post, i did mention about present form etc - I was just putting some thoughts on that some people may find interesting

but I am very sorry to have offended your obviously higher intelligence and won't trouble your website again ( having said that - i dont think this is by far the stupidist thread or post on OVF by a long way that i have read )

Bit precious aren't we? It's nothing to do with "higher intelligence" etc, it's patently obvious the different between the two situations.

just thoughts

We haven't won in 2017, we haven't won all season without Anthony Grant, the manager has alienated players and hasn't experienced that new manager bounce, teams around us are pulling away picking up vital points, we have somehow created injuries everywhere (particularly in key areas), the two transfer windows have been a disaster, the chairman can't find a decent managerial candidate for love nor money and the experienced players in the team are underperforming.

We haven't won in 2017' date=' we haven't won all season without Anthony Grant, the manager has alienated players and hasn't experienced that new manager bounce, teams around us are pulling away picking up vital points, we have somehow created injuries everywhere (particularly in key areas), the two transfer windows have been a disaster, the chairman can't find a decent managerial candidate for love nor money and the experienced players in the team are underperforming.[/quote']

I have absolutely no doubt that Smurf is only interested in getting things on the cheap- Page, Bruno, Brown are a case in point. He simply won't pay for a decent manager and it's not a case of not being able to find one.

Win 7 of the last 9 games of the season and we would be comfortable, highly unlikely against top teams, but they may wobble. On that form we could top L1 next season as well. It sometime happens but very rarely, so I am not holding my breath, we can only think of the end of the season based on recent happenings and form. The chance of lady luck and a change of form is quite flimsy, but that is football even at a higher level where the stakes are very high and competition fuelled by silly money is fierce.

Another poisonous and ignorant post - it is a genuine thread with a talking point, so if you haven't got anything sensible to add, then go and post your abusive stuff elsewhere.

What was Bury's form like before their last 3 games, that produced 9 points ? Form can and does change, in Bury's case with a new boss, but Vale's could too.

It's laughable when your posts have a go at people - it isn't this thread that needs binning off, it's your septic posts.

I can't agree with personal pops at people, but the thread is a bit like stating the obvious ?

If you are at the bottom end like Vale with 3 games in hand ond in dire form , the odds are you are going to accrue less than a team sat in say 5th who are 4 points off 2nd spot with 3 games in hand.

Form and momentum are the obvious reasons.

I can't agree with personal pops at people, but the thread is a bit like stating the obvious ?

If you are at the bottom end like Vale with 3 games in hand ond in dire form , the odds are you are going to accrue less than a team sat in say 5th who are 4 points off 2nd spot with 3 games in hand.

Form and momentum are the obvious reasons.

I agree with you - it is most unlikely we will get many more points to be honest, but that doesn't mean that someone who wants to show some hope for the club and start a discussion.

Archived