onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How Angry are you?

Beza

Advert

Not angry at all, but seriously naffed off.

Can't see how we can stay up this season, and everything about the club is ameteurish from the catering, the marketing, the maintenance on the ground.

Saw on Bradfords web site that tickets could be brought at the away ticket office today, but strictly cash only, its 2017 ffs.

Since Rudge we've two proper managers Horton and Adams ,says it all!!

I'm not angry. I aren't really bothered... and that's what worries me the most.

It's posts like these that people should take on board, wake the **** up, and smell the coffee.

I got to know Mellor through this site. Many others I've met and I can honestly say they are all good people.

The internet can be very divisive and I know I don't come across very well at times. My bad.

Thing with Mellor is Vale is/was his life. Deep down it still is i suspect.

He's a guy you want in the trenches with you when things get tough. He was there outing Bratt and co. Supporters club meets. Protests. Supporting the lads. He's just Vale. Through and ******* through. Like me. Like most.

When I see people like this, post statements like this, it's time to wake up.

I've spent many away day with Mellor but none moreso than Huddersfield away in the cup which will live with me for the rest of my life (3-4 one)

That Marc Richards goal was one where we just looked at each other in disbelief and bounced down several rows!

What we have now is an owner who, make no mistake about it, is screwing this/OUR football club over tenfold.

Ideal scenario is we stay up and put pressure on him to sell.

Should we go down it will get ugly. If it doesn't then apathy has well and truly set in.

Gutted to see so many of such great people who protested long and hard to get Bratt and co out, to now not give a ****.

The club is dying on its arse. In front of you.

Sad to see.

I gave up two seasons ago.Moved out of the area.But whenever I visited the Potteries I always made sure it coincided with a home game,now I don't bother to go at all.I don't miss it, I still follow results but don't feel any elation when they win or any pain in defeat.I realise that there's more to life than Port Vale and football.I was a season ticket holder and at least 15 away games a season sometimes more.Ive seen the good times and the bad had some wonderful memories.

But now it's time I moved on and finding that my Saturdays/weekends are free for other activities it's like being reborn and for the last 35 years football has truly held me back.

It's posts like these that people should take on board, wake the **** up, and smell the coffee.

I got to know Mellor through this site. Many others I've met and I can honestly say they are all good people.

The internet can be very divisive and I know I don't come across very well at times. My bad.

Thing with Mellor is Vale is/was his life. Deep down it still is i suspect.

He's a guy you want in the trenches with you when things get tough. He was there outing Bratt and co. Supporters club meets. Protests. Supporting the lads. He's just Vale. Through and ******* through. Like me. Like most.

When I see people like this, post statements like this, it's time to wake up.

I've spent many away day with Mellor but none moreso than Huddersfield away in the cup which will live with me for the rest of my life (3-4 one)

That Marc Richards goal was one where we just looked at each other in disbelief and bounced down several rows!

What we have now is an owner who, make no mistake about it, is screwing this/OUR football club over tenfold.

Ideal scenario is we stay up and put pressure on him to sell.

Should we go down it will get ugly. If it doesn't then apathy has well and truly set in.

Gutted to see so many of such great people who protested long and hard to get Bratt and co out, to now not give a ****.

The club is dying on its arse. In front of you.

Sad to see.

I wholeheartedly echo your thought Spunks. I got to know Mell when we were side by side protesting and he is a top bloke and it hurts me to see that his like and many others so fed up with our present situation. When the Vale are in danger of losing these folks support then the club's very existence is in great danger.

'All of this get behind the lads' tripe is exactly that nonsense. Of course I hope that our prayers our answered and we stay up but perhaps that miracle is one that even the almighty may have difficulty with!

Seriously when you consider how rapid our slide down the league has been then I can't see a way out. Yet it was all so avoidable but our owner was either blind or too stupid or cash strapped to do anything about it. So all of these well meaning but misguided comments about 'get behind the lads' should have been directed at Smurthwaite because the only getting behind the lads that I have seen from him is with a knife in their backs.

Not angry at all, all so predictable. The only thing that would offset poor management practices is results on the field, which havent happened.... the perfect storm?

All so avoidable with simple changes to the way the club is managed and interacts with the fans [customers]

I wholeheartedly echo your thought Spunks. I got to know Mell when we were side by side protesting and he is a top bloke and it hurts me to see that his like and many others so fed up with our present situation. When the Vale are in danger of losing these folks support then the club's very existence is in great danger.

'All of this get behind the lads' tripe is exactly that nonsense. So all of these well meaning but misguided comments about 'get the lads

Yeah we get the gist.

Thing is, what else can fans do on a Saturday afternoon other than turn up and cheer us on? Your average fan shouldn't have to be organising protests and taking interest in the issues behind the scenes, and many just don't have the time or energy to do it (or do it again in some cases).

Archived