onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Company accounts

Alan Baker

Advert

Funny how you have insisted on cash only for so many things then Norman. I have never known a business who has had so many problems with card machines

See your at it again

I explain l do not wish to carry the cost for something which will only be used for 1 month and you come out with this garbage

And you run a business

So let me be clear

You and others would return if cash turnstiles are re-introduced

That's on the list, but it will take more than that and is unlikely at present. The only alternative for me would be an early bird ST (because I would only make at most two thirds of the games due to festivals and holidays) but to get a ST I would have to be confident of still wanting to go by April. That's at least 2 years away now.

Employed Rob Page. Cheap option. No experience.

Gave paycuts galore.

Lost Tom Pope.

Said Tom Pope was replaceable.

Failed to replace Tom Pope.

Lost supporters coming through the turnstile, season on season.

Match day catering is often run out before half time.

Engineered the departure of an almost entire squad that finished top half of league 1 under a rookie manager.

Lost Rob Page to Northampton.

Openly went on buses at Exeter to tell supporters he was sacked in the morning.

Totally out of the blue went on sky to say fans have beaten you up two years previous!

Mentioned to the press we have a race issue and you can't employ JFH.

Have pictures taken with Coventry supporters at our home game against them, in your sky blue tie.

Refuse to build buzz at this time, stating that "you tell it how it is"

Put the club up for sale.

Take the club off the market stating you have got the buzz back and you will put right what went wrong.

Chose to take the club in a whole new direction by signing Bruno Ribeiro on a 3 year deal.

Sanction the signings of 10+ players with no English football experience and stick them on two year contracts.

Openly state you want top six at Xmas or it's plan b.

State on the radio before xmas that plan b has been in effect and you and Browny had implemented it.

State on the radio that Bruno will get Walsall and Chesterfield games for definite.

Sack Bruno after the first of them games.

Having said Maichael Brown wasn't ready for management, you give him a go anyway.

Sanction more signings of which half can't get a game.

Still have no full time manager in place even though we haven't won a game of football in 2017.

State that the club will be in a better place when you leave yet you took it on debt free at the top of league 2, yet almost 5 years later we are 3.7 million in debt to you personally, don't even own the stadium and staring down the abyss back into league 2 with a squad not fit enough to win the Vanarama North.

And that's off the top of my head.

Anything else?

Round of applause for this bang on summation of this man's tenure with us so far.

I'll say this, a lot of fans seem to indulge in kissing the chairman's behind for fear of offending. To praise the guy after the season we've had is borderline lunacy. Yes, I understand he took us out of administration and took us up (in my estimation, it was Paul Wildes who was mainly responsible for that. After all, our chairman freely admits he wasn't as active back then as he is now and it was Wildes who signed the man who almost single-handedly took us up: Tom Pope) but aside for that, it's been one long, drawn out slide down the totem pole into the abyss. Smurthwaite has proven that he has no idea how to run a football club.

The decision to hire Bruno and get rid of half a squad of proven league one players in favour of inexperienced foreign signings was the actions of a man who understands little about team bonding and football in general. Mourinho may of complimented the cut of your jib but I should think appointing a position as important as manager of your football club would of taken slightly more due diligence. The guy's managerial record was appalling. I suppose he gave it the old chestnut "well, I've been unfairly treated at all of my other 27 clubs" etc etc and you fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Aside from that, the only player you paid a fee for, Christopher Samba, is arguably one of the worst players I've ever seen grace Vale Park. It's comical if it wasn't so cringeworthy.

What's with the wheeling and dealing over Twitter?

twitter-gate.jpg

In fact, why are you so confrontational with fans? We've had to put up with you calling us a bunch of racists (publicly, too), countless empty promises and outright lies. If I was in charge of say Tesco and I called all of my customer knuckle-dragging racists, I'd expect an empty store the next day followed by a P45 being delivered by the postman. And you wonder why gates are so low? Never, never, ever attack your customer base. Unfortunately, we cannot sack you, we can only grit our teeth and bare it. The same way we all gritted our teeth and took the Bruno appointment. The same as we did when you got rid of Tom Pope, Rob Page, Louis Dodds and half of the squad.

You are the spearhead and face of our football club so try and act with some decorum and class when conducting yourself in the press and on social media.

Vale fans, better buckle up because we are in for a very tumultuous couple of years. We're almost certainly going to get relegated this season. The only question is how far are we going to fall with this man at the helm.

See your at it again

I explain l do not wish to carry the cost for something which will only be used for 1 month and you come out with this garbage

And you run a business

Carry the cost when? On how many occasions have you insisted on cash only with the excuse the machines are down? You are moaning about the cost of card machines but also moaning you have to pay 1.8% to pay cash into the bank, so what would you prefer a barter system? I don't know of any other local company with 5000 customers and a multi million pound turnover who insist on cash only, not a one

Carry the cost when? On how many occasions have you insisted on cash only with the excuse the machines are down? You are moaning about the cost of card machines but also moaning you have to pay 1.8% to pay cash into the bank, so what would you prefer a barter system? I don't know of any other local company with 5000 customers and a multi million pound turnover who insist on cash only, not a one

Nice one Tim.

I do remember one ex Vale player (he owned a frozen food business while he was playing) who made a payment (to HMRC I think) by writing his cheque details on the side of a frozen fish. It was legal tender and they had(dock) to accept it .

Can anyone think of any suitable media that could be used instead of cash or cards?

So let me be clear

You and others would return if cash turnstiles are re-introduced

I know people who are put off by queuing at the ticket office. I have stood in numerous queues and watched people walk back down to the pub instead of queuing to get into a game with a 3500 attendance. Then when you have your ticket you have to endure being antagonised by the ******* you employ as security guards who think their job is to antagonise supporters before they even get into the ground where they have to scrape bird **** off their seats and go thirsty at halftime because the kiosks can't even provide the basic hot water to make a drink. Even your beloved Coventry in their modern stadium had cash turnstiles to enable us to get in quickly. The last time I queued in a cash turnstile was for an FA cup game, you came up to the healthy fast moving queue and asked us if we had all come in our Ford Anglias as we lived in the dark ages. You really haven't got a clue of just how off putting all your hoops, you have to jump through to just go a game, are. Perhaps it would pay you to employ staff to mingle in the crowd and listen to your customers gripes and rectify them, trouble is I don't think you care.

Nice one Tim.

I do remember one ex Vale player (he owned a frozen food business while he was playing) who made a payment (to HMRC I think) by writing his cheque details on the side of a frozen fish. It was legal tender and they had(dock) to accept it .

Can anyone think of any suitable media that could be used instead of cash or cards?

I wouldn't give him a dozen eggs and a rabbit for a ticket at present

Archived