onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Company accounts

Alan Baker

Going around in circles on Bill Bell so i would suggest leaving that topic now

Norman i ask again,if you want Championship football why go with 3 rookie bosses? and one now that after 10 games none of us are any the wiser on manager,you said in the summer that Brown wasn't ready for the managers job.

Also if a fee was agreed with the Boston lot what is the reason that you wont sell to them now if they are still there?

My first and second choice did not come off when MA left so gave the job to RP and after he kept us up felt a sense of loyalty until Exeter

BR l was duped and really sorry where that leaves us

MB similar to RP as many of the candidates were/are waiting for that Championship offer

Advert

That l agree

But when somebody keeps questioned motives or decisions it starts to rub off then it is reality

Let me give you 2 examples

Regular ST salesIE in for those who pay monthly have to pay in cash.

Why? because the Club is in trouble

Or l refuse to pay for a credit card machine to pay money into a ring fenced account for 1 month as 1 years charges apply

Another

You donate 32 pounds cash to Academy and get a free adult shirt

Again Club is in diffuculty because the Academy Acc has no credit card machine

So please donate 8 pound a shirt to HMRC

Now we take 30k a month in cash if there was some dodgy dealing thats the place to do it

Do you see the thought process

If you like cash so much , why no cash turnstiles?

Smurf, next home game is vital V Swindon. Why dont you let everyone in for £1 like Rochdale are doing. 6-7k Vale fans is better than the 3k Vale that will be there that day surely. Then you wont be throwing away any pies

too.

l learnt a very valuable lesson on here 2 season ago

l got lambasted for only taking half the away gate for WBA but in the end could not even fill that

My first and second choice did not come off when MA left so gave the job to RP and after he kept us up felt a sense of loyalty until Exeter

MB similar to RP as many of the candidates were/are waiting for that Championship offer

would you you pay a going rate if the right manager wanted the job,i mean push the boat out for say a Nigel Adkins type? he is just a name i plucked out of the air.......or would you be tempted to pay compensation to get a manager currently doing a decent job at another club? I for one really hope Brown can make it as a manager but i think many of us after the last few rookies would like one has perhaps done something in the game

With that in mind do you feel the same about some of his summer recruits? Some of which you've now shipped out I know, but we bought a lot of players still learning the game & inexperienced. These were in addition of our half a dozen or so homegrown players who are in a similar position. Which in turn has bloated the size of the squad.

Oh Smurf stop it now. These comments show you're not learning, you simply type out the words, I'm learning from my mistakes, then go and make them over and over again.

Your quote above is another clear indication. You moan about the Sentinel copying and pasting their articles (the latest being today from your recent posts on OVF). They're your words that you put in the public domain every time you press; post or tweet. 4 years down the line you're still doing it, and so are the sentinel. If it bothers you so much, stop. Or better still, learn how to become a PR man, or employ someone who is.

You've basically just told Michael Brown, our current Manager (lets face it you're not going to bring anyone else in before the end of the season) who is trying to save us from relegation, fighting for the benefit of our club, the he's not even your second choice, never mind first.

You're also telling all potential managers that a cup shock to a team in a lower league will get them a public ticking off and eventually lead to you losing your job. The way you treated Page was an absolute disgrace. The bloke oozed class, and even now refuses to comment on the situation. The ultimate professional, and you made his position untenable.

You earlier said you'd given each Manager your full support. Seriously? Do you honestly believe you treated Bruno and Page the same way?

Whatever division we are in next season,we really have to get rid of the mistakes(players) from the summer,keep the likes of Foley,Streete,Amoros,Kiko,Knops,De Freitas and Smith unless a stupid bid comes in,add to this some QUALITY players at this level. Show a decent manager and decent signings,no more gambles and maybe fans will start to come back....looking at it now i cant see 1,500 season tickets being sold sadly

Anything that went on from late May 13 is on my watch and l am fully responsible for

Employed Rob Page. Cheap option. No experience.

Gave paycuts galore.

Lost Tom Pope.

Said Tom Pope was replaceable.

Failed to replace Tom Pope.

Lost supporters coming through the turnstile, season on season.

Match day catering is often run out before half time.

Engineered the departure of an almost entire squad that finished top half of league 1 under a rookie manager.

Lost Rob Page to Northampton.

Openly went on buses at Exeter to tell supporters he was sacked in the morning.

Totally out of the blue went on sky to say fans have beaten you up two years previous!

Mentioned to the press we have a race issue and you can't employ JFH.

Have pictures taken with Coventry supporters at our home game against them, in your sky blue tie.

Refuse to build buzz at this time, stating that "you tell it how it is"

Put the club up for sale.

Take the club off the market stating you have got the buzz back and you will put right what went wrong.

Chose to take the club in a whole new direction by signing Bruno Ribeiro on a 3 year deal.

Sanction the signings of 10+ players with no English football experience and stick them on two year contracts.

Openly state you want top six at Xmas or it's plan b.

State on the radio before xmas that plan b has been in effect and you and Browny had implemented it.

State on the radio that Bruno will get Walsall and Chesterfield games for definite.

Sack Bruno after the first of them games.

Having said Maichael Brown wasn't ready for management, you give him a go anyway.

Sanction more signings of which half can't get a game.

Still have no full time manager in place even though we haven't won a game of football in 2017.

State that the club will be in a better place when you leave yet you took it on debt free at the top of league 2, yet almost 5 years later we are 3.7 million in debt to you personally, don't even own the stadium and staring down the abyss back into league 2 with a squad not fit enough to win the Vanarama North.

And that's off the top of my head.

Anything else?

Finally a debate... you could be learning after all smurf... but please never ask a supporter to take away the emotion, without it I doubt anyone would attend. Its pure emotion that keeps some people going/returning.

Is it possible to draw a line in the sand?... fade the past into oblivion by devising plans to enhance the future?

You weren't "duped"

Stop throwing the blame. It was a decision made by you that, as supporters, we knew it was a ridiculous, I calculated gamble and quite possibly the biggest **** up in pvfc history.

I asked Peterborough chairman at the time on twitter if it was a wise move. To get a professional opinion. He stated that it's certainly not an avenue he would go down but good luck.

It wasn't rocket science to see you were gambling with the clubs future, so you should have been 100% certain that it wouldn't fail.

All this "I was duped" crap, is just that.

There seems to be a lot of 'We don't agree with abuse here, no sir", and "poor Smurf, abuse is wrong", and a general consensus that Smurf is getting abuse here.

2 points:

1. I haven't seen anything I would deem 'abuse', more like criticism of business decisions, which as paying customers we are more than entitled to do.

2. The most abusive comments made on here, and on twitter, are made by Smurf himself.

Honestly can't understand all this sucking up to him when he has, on more than one occasion in this thread, belittled or patronised a Vale fan.

I don't do Twitter, Facebook and the like, but I do moderate OVF and believe me Mon'Ami I have many times edited out some wretched abuse aimed at Smurf i.e. abuse as opposed to just criticism.

Whatever division we are in next season,we really have to get rid of the mistakes(players) from the summer,keep the likes of Foley,Streete,Amoros,Kiko,Knops,De Freitas and Smith unless a stupid bid comes in,add to this some QUALITY players at this level. Show a decent manager and decent signings,no more gambles and maybe fans will start to come back....looking at it now i cant see 1,500 season tickets being sold sadly

As it stands, you're about right. But if we stay up ( and that's a must) then there is still time for a concerted, imaginative and enticing season ticket sales campaign.

l learnt a very valuable lesson on here 2 season ago

l got lambasted for only taking half the away gate for WBA but in the end could not even fill that

So what you supposedly learned two years ago is that it's absolutely pointless doing any kind of deal because fans won't come anyway?!

Lets all give up, eh.

Archived