onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norman bottled it !!

Gareths54

And the two classic examples of people who don't like critiscm!! Melv and Tim!!

The point I was making is if someone is being abusive to him then you would have to have the patience of a saint to not snap back...you would wouldn't you??

Yes, but not on Twitter or any social media or in any way publicly if I were in a position of power. Before anyone calls me a hyprocrite for previous rants on here, I'd remind them that I am not and almost certainly never will be in a position of power.

I'd do it privately.

Advert

The point I was making is if someone is being abusive to him then you would have to have the patience of a saint to not snap back...you would wouldn't you??

John, I have no problem with criticism if it is constructive. I give as good as I get and don't expect it any other way. You KNOW me, you KNOW that I will disagree with anyone but I will try and give reasons why. I aren't some mardarse who goes all slapped arsed because someone criticises or name calls or disagrees with me. I got told to go and play on a motorway by Norman, simply because he wouldn't answer simple questions put to him. There was no abuse, no criticism, just straightforward questions. Did I go all mardy at being told that? No I didn't. The only person I see on here or facebook who cant accept criticism, especially when it is aimed at Norman, is you John.

Come on then John show where I have been abusive to him.Please show where I have spat my dummy out due to criticism

Your problem is John that anyone who says anything that isn't 100% supporting Smurf you jump on their case.You come out with childish comments like they are not true vale fans,you tell them to go down Stoke.You jump to Smurfs defence every time on everything.These people are just giving their opinion but.Why are you against anyone that has an opinion you don't like? Why?

Anytime anyone says anything you come out with 'He has had enough if you lot carry on he will pack up and leave' For some bizarre reason you think that he will still be at the club in 25 -30 years time as long as fans just keep quiet and accept everything he does.I have told you before,I have posted on here before.That I would like Smurf to do well out of the club.Because IF that happens then the club itself should be doing well.But you conviniently seem to keep forgetting that John for some reason

Its a good job that The Vale are not a big club with 30kplus season ticket holders, criticism comes with the territory.

Totally agree brilliant brilliant post. Hope we get a reply
Don't be silly our owner just thinks he knows it all. He believes that we should keep turning up and buying a ST regardless of the size of the constant budget cuts and the 'tripe hounds' that he forces the latest unfortunate 'manager' that he has put in place to sign up. Which many then blame our manager for bringing into the club. It's like going into the butchers wanting steak but the budget is only enough to get 'tripe' and usually on loan at that.

Smurthwaite will never change of that I'm sure and now the majority can see that what the likes of Tim and I along with a few others who quickly saw through the owners jokey, jokey routine that here was a man who knew very little about either football or footballers and who belittled the efforts of our better players by persuading most fans that they were greedy and who judging by his famous Audi comment should have bought a garage but only a back street one because that is what he is turning our Club into!

Don't be silly our owner just thinks he knows it all. He believes that we should keep turning up and buying a ST regardless of the size of the constant budget cuts and the 'tripe hounds' that he forces the latest unfortunate 'manager' that he has put in place to sign up. Which many then blame our manager for bringing into the club. It's like going into the butchers wanting steak but the budget is only enough to get 'tripe' and usually on loan at that.

Smurthwaite will never change of that I'm sure and now the majority can see that what the likes of Tim and I along with a few others who quickly saw through the owners jokey, jokey routine that here was a man who knew very little about either football or footballers and who belittled the efforts of our better players by persuading most fans that they were greedy and who judging by his famous Audi comment should have bought a garage but only a back street one because that is what he is turning our Club into!

Totally Agree with your sentiments it's becoming clear that Smurf is more interested in taking as much money out of the club as possible as no one is interested in buying at his inflated price. You've only got look at the recent sale of Grant and Ainwick plus Morseys fee and potentially Hugills sell on money and the potential sale of Smith this summer.

Interesting to see our chairman who previously was always spouting about his achievements and his ambition for the club has suddenly gone very quiet ?

Considering our current plight ie in the bottom 4 and the loss of 2 defenders and 2 strikers in a week combined with the low morale on the terraces and in the dressing room and no permanent manager and falling attendances, one would have thought he would be anxious to steady the ship with a clear vision on how we are going to get out of this mess before it's too late !! Thoughts ??

Spot on my Park Inn friend coward comes to mind:sad:

Come on then John show where I have been abusive to him.Please show where I have spat my dummy out due to criticism

Your problem is John that anyone who says anything that isn't 100% supporting Smurf you jump on their case.You come out with childish comments like they are not true vale fans,you tell them to go down Stoke.You jump to Smurfs defence every time on everything.These people are just giving their opinion but.Why are you against anyone that has an opinion you don't like? Why?

Anytime anyone says anything you come out with 'He has had enough if you lot carry on he will pack up and leave' For some bizarre reason you think that he will still be at the club in 25 -30 years time as long as fans just keep quiet and accept everything he does.I have told you before,I have posted on here before.That I would like Smurf to do well out of the club.Because IF that happens then the club itself should be doing well.But you conviniently seem to keep forgetting that John for some reason

Hello Carpetman still waiting for you to show where I have been abusive to him as you claimed I have done.Could your failure to show what your claim be down to the fact that you can't find anything where I have been abusive to him? Is this another example of you failing to answer questions put to you.

I was one of the few who soon realised after his 'Papa Smurf' fancy dress stunt at Wycombe when we all laughed that the comic was in reality a very destructive figure. His arrogant, Brash manner was very off putting but I could live with that no problem but he has slowly and methodically dismantled a good close knit football club. What we now have is a bunch of strangers who in the main are a very poor calibre of player. I'm sorry to say it but all our owner thinks about is how to make a fast buck and he is now finding that this is nigh on impossible at our level. Ownership of a L1 club needs to be kept to a wealthy few who have a large amount of financial backing and are prepared to spend knowing that there is very little likelihood of getting that money back.

Our owner says Port Vale is debt free but that is yet another example of his long string of lies because we may not owe Nat West or Barclays but Smurthwaite is determined that if he sells he wants all his money going back to the Bank of Smurthwaite. I've got news for you Mr Smurthwaite if that is the case you will never sell the club.

For the club to move forward we need to be rebranded under new ownership who the fans that are still out there will buy into. The owner has fed us too many lies, disgraceful decisions and deceitful actions.

the only words I want to hear from the present owner is 'I quit and will sell the club and the ground for a realistic valuation'. Otherwise keep it shut because the majority of us aren't listening.

Valiant 2001 were a bunch of crooks but Smurthwaite has actually in my opinion inflicted more lasting damage by splitting the club from the ground during his short tenure.

Splitting the ground from the club leaves us with the scary prospect that Smurthwaite may sell the ground irrespective of what he decides to do with the club. If you were faced with the prospect of not recouping your outlay by the sale of the club (and it's very likely, given the state we're in), then what would you do? It must be a real temptation in order either to generate an income from the rent or a capital sum from the sale. Every time I think about it, it makes my blood run cold but it looks like a real possibility to me. Why else did he separate the two?

If there were new owners and the club couldn't reach agreement with them, then we'd be into ground sharing; or not have a suitable ground and be ejected from the league. I hope this is all wrong but it's happened to a few others (Brighton and Coventry come to mind). In those circumstances, ending up in the lower leagues like Stockport would almost seem palatable (though of course it wouldn't be).

Splitting the ground from the club leaves us with the scary prospect that Smurthwaite may sell the ground irrespective of what he decides to do with the club. If you were faced with the prospect of not recouping your outlay by the sale of the club (and it's very likely, given the state we're in), then what would you do? It must be a real temptation in order either to generate an income from the rent or a capital sum from the sale. Every time I think about it, it makes my blood run cold but it looks like a real possibility to me. Why else did he separate the two?

If there were new owners and the club couldn't reach agreement with them, then we'd be into ground sharing; or not have a suitable ground and be ejected from the league. I hope this is all wrong but it's happened to a few others (Brighton and Coventry come to mind). In those circumstances, ending up in the lower leagues like Stockport would almost seem palatable (though of course it wouldn't be).

Is Vale Park not protected as being only usable for football IIRC as a term of the sale/administration? Therefore Vale not playing there means it would be a white elephant and making zero income?

Is Vale Park not protected as being only usable for football IIRC as a term of the sale/administration? Therefore Vale not playing there means it would be a white elephant and making zero income?

I would guess that the protection is only there for as long as a football team plays there but if there is no team then i would guess whoever owns it can do what they want with it

Archived