onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Fosse69

Advert

Gutted to have lost that I thought our effort and performance deserved at least a draw. Yet again only highlights not enough quality in squad but at least we created chances this week. I'm afraid can't see us staying up now after only 1 pt from 2 homes games and back to back away coming up. We will be 4+ points adrift next time we play at home unless a miracle can happen and we win away.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Somebody summed it up perfectly - galling, frustrating and annoying.

It's deja vu, Groundhog Day, whatever you call it, but the first goal was a set piece and free header; the winner was the old-ex-player/not-yet-scored combo. Its annoying because for whatever reason we never learn.

The frustration comes from certain aspects of the play. That first half we gave so many free kicks away in and around the box it was inevitable we would eventually succumb. The one Thomas gave away which lead to the goal was ridiculous for such an experienced player. The defending for Jones goal was just shambolic; people know he comes alive in the box and not 50 secs after coming on he was left alone with nobody near him. Dreadful.

The galling thing was this undid a lot of effort today. They were better than us for sure, but we dug in kept going. We road our luck first half and after a shaky first 25 mins Guy settled into RB better after a good, crunching tackle on their wide man gave him a bit of confidence.

Pugh, Foley and Kiko were standouts for me and I thought Eagles played well and Thomas was steady. Hooper is truly frustrating and listening to Brown interview I think he feels the same. He wonders out wide far too much and his partnership with Forrester is non-existent. The one time they linked up, we scored. Hooper needs to stay central, slightly deeper than Forrester, pick up loose balls and run at the defence.

Also, once again we concede in the after 70+ mins. This is because the better players e.g. Forrester, Eagles, Thomas and basically knackered after 65 mins and all eventually were replaced today, albeit the side was significantly weakened as a result.

Will we stay up? No, not in my opinion. All the ingredients are there which you normally get when you're down the bottom e.g. Managerial uncertainty, ownership uncertainty, bad luck with injuries and suspensions plus some atrocious decisions going against you, like two pivotal ones today - the stamp and the penalty.

Same ****. Different week.

Manager, players and in particular the owner, all out of their depth.

League 2 beckons.

I agree with all you say on smurf but i cant agree with same **** as i thought we played well and deserved at least a point,i do think we are playing better under Brown but smurf has tied his hands where wages are concerned...we just need the rub of the green to get that win,get one and i really do think we could get a couple

A spirited performance but we're still missing a bit of something.

Obviously a blatant handball by Jones to tee himself up. I can understand the ref missing it but the liner definitely should have spotted it.

He scored a goal for Vale and used his hand

Guest TommyMac

Good to see the effort from the lads but most are really poor footballers. Each time Bradford broke on us it resulted in an effort on goal, most of which were pretty poor to be honest. Each time we broke it resulted in a player losing the ball or a crap cross to no-one.

I don't get this thinking that we deserved a point for the effort the lads put in; 100% effort should be a given from every professional footballer in the country. On ability we got what we deserved.

When Brown was made caretaker manager, I was all for him having the job until the end of the season and permanently if he kept us up but I expected more than one win in ten. I guess it would be virtually impossible to employ anyone decent at this stage, particularly with Smurthwaite's apparent reluctance to pay the going rate and the tarnished reputation he must have for the way he gloated over getting rid of Page.

I couldn't understand the booing of Jones when he came on but could perfectly understand it after his blatant handball in the build up to the goal.

First shouting at away fans, now booing players.

It sounds absolutely beastly. I'm sticking to Crown Green bowls.

Plenty of huff and puff today but again created very little. The defending has gone to pot.

The rookies substitutions were yet again awful and we lost any forward momentum we previously had.

The lad between the sticks does not fill me with any confidence at all.

Still all quiet on the smurf front.

Another week goes by and we sink deeper into trouble, at least we get decent fish and chips on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

All this about agents and greedy players. Is this only Vale's problem, are we dealing with a different calibre of agents and players than all other clubs? Or have some fans swallowed the ******** that Smurf spouts all the time? Instead of blaming them for our problems, learn how best to deal with them, learn how to negotiate in a way that gets the best for Port Vale. Yet again, it goes to show the incompetence of the man, and how his lack of football knowledge is damaging the club every single time he has a decision to make.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived