onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Fosse69

No doubt our away percentage would go down on an increase of home supporters but we would always be in the top end of the table for our away following. With 16,000 home fans buying a season ticket and the team playing well we would bring 4,000 to Bradford no doubt

Well, we'll never see the day - so it's pointless talking about it.

Advert

Haven't I already mentioned that?

We'll either win or draw, but you'll be saying what a good side we are after the game. It's the same on every opposition forum and TFF.

I'm not bigging is up when I say that, it's just a common trend as far as opposition views are concerned.

Had we won our last three like we deserved to, we would've been third - but again, it's a game of football surrounded by if's, but's and maybe's, and it's not always that simple.

In that case I hope you're easier on the eye than last season. Aside from Joke City circa 2006, I've never seen such a one dimensional hoof ball team. The first 20 mins actually made my eyes bleed.

If you're still playing like that, I wouldn't watch you every week if you paid me.

No doubt our away percentage would go down on an increase of home supporters but we would always be in the top end of the table for our away following. With 16,000 home fans buying a season ticket and the team playing well we would bring 4,000 to Bradford no doubt

I don't think it's that straight forward, there are so many circumstances as to why figures vary when you factor in the away to home fans percentage. Firstly, there are some grounds where Bradford have probably sold out, and that would take their % of home fans quite low. Fleetwood being an example. We both take around 1200/1300 to Fleetwood when we sell out, but Bradford could potentially take many more if tickets were available.

Also, Bradford's home support has grown considerably in a short space of time. Back in the early 90's pre prem they would average less than us, when we were a championship / higher L1 team. Then they've seen a bigger increase since their prices went down around 08. A lot of the people that started going then are probably younger supporters, or they're simply new football fans. It takes time to get them to a point where they travel home and away. Look at MK Dons as an example there.

Another factor when it comes to how many Bradford bring to us, is the fact we've played each other sooooo many times over the last god knows how many years. Last year we took around 500, similar the year before. They also had a spell where it seemed like every time they played us it was a midweek match. There's always mitigating circumstances. Last year we played at Bradford a few days after we took 3,000 to West Brom, so no doubt it put people off, as we were playing well at the time.

Saying we'd take 4,000 if we averaged 16k isn't as clear cut as you make out in my opinion, even if we were playing well. If it was an end of season game with something riding on it, or beginning of season game, maybe, but not at the end of Feb.

Bradfords home support is very high because they sell a lot of season tickets for a ridiculous low fee. About £150 if I'm correct. Plus our away support is a good percentage to home support because it's like pulling teeth out watching Vale at home in the morgue.

This is true, but we do have 15,000 ST holders, so games like Bolton last week when the attendance was 21,200, take away 2,500 Bolton, we had 18,700 home fans. So, a good 3,500 paid something on the gate.

Average away support at Valley Parade is around 650, and we currently average 18,250 - so again, an average of 2,500 paying something on the gate every home game.

In addition, the new owners announced this week that next seasons ST will be on sale next week - and they're gonna be announced around the same price regardless of what league we're in.

If we manage promotion this year, crowds will be consistently 22,000+.

To be honest, this whole size comparison seems completely pointless & irrelevant anyway... :whistling:

Sounds like you'll bring a decent crowd though (will probably bump up our average a tad, which appears to be a frequent discussion on here). Hopefully a bit of atmosphere at home for once, although I won't hold my breath, it's been dire for a fair amount of time now.

Looking forward to the game to be honest, no idea why, have a good feeling about it (bizarrely).

The Bantams travel to Port Vale this Saturday (25 February 2017) for their latest Sky Bet League One fixture.

The Club would like to inform fans that the ticket office have now SOLD OUT of adult tickets for this fixture.

City supporters will, however, be able to pay on the day without any increase in price.

Read more at http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/port-vale-ticket-update-3589989.aspx#CsxOtYBz6EYqGoLb.99

Taken from Official website..Fans forum reckon they will bring around 2300

Archived