onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Fosse69

Advert

Didn't Bristol Rovers bring more than that last Saturday? I'm sure it said they had about 1,000 on the radio?

Anyway, I hope Mark Marshall fails his fitness teat because I could see him having a field day against our full backs. Whoever Bradford pick from their squad it'll be a tough game for us, we needed to beat Bristol last week to relieve some of the pressure in this game but, as usual, Vale like to do things the hardest way possible! That said I think it's a winnable game if our players really dig in and work hard, we cannot afford to allow Bradford time and space (eg, like giving Bodin 300 sq miles and 20 minutes to pick his pot last week) or they'll murder us.

Bristol Rovers was announced as 700 something....it did look more

To be honest mate, there's been a few this season.

Wyke and Hiwula provide the goal threat, but only one will start.

Nicky Law is immense - he carries the ball very well.

How's Remme Streete? Wouldn't mind him at Valley Parade!

Streete has been awesome all season shame he's injured now.

Bradford don't seem to score many goals and also failed to beat Bristol ( drew 1-1)

Failed also this year to beat other poor teams, drawing with Bury and Gills, whilst losing to Shrewsbury.

They drew 1-1 against Millwall and 2-2 last week against Bolton who have lost some form, only winning 4 from the last 10 games.

Bradford also lost 2-1 to Fleetwood.

Last ten games Bradford have only won three, drawn five and lost two.

Don't think that there will be many goals scored in the game and Vale could make a draw, but the most likely score will be 1-0 or two 2-0 for Bradford, because Port Vale have great difficulty in scoring.

They must hope for a Bradford own goal, or a penalty.

Streete has been awesome all season shame he's injured now.

I think he's had a good personal season, forced his way into the team as Page didn't seem to rate him last season and scored 5 or 6 goals but collectively as a team we've defended poorly since the first 6-10 games. That's not to say he's the reason we concede goals or is making the mistakes but we can't perform a shut out whoever is in the back 4!

I think he's had a good personal season, forced his way into the team as Page didn't seem to rate him last season and scored 5 or 6 goals but collectively as a team we've defended poorly since the first 6-10 games. That's not to say he's the reason we concede goals or is making the mistakes but we can't perform a shut out whoever is in the back 4!

I think a lot of the inability to defend has been our inability to keep the ball up top. The top line usually fails to keep the ball up there and then the midfield has lacked a presence all season so basically the defence has far more to do. One of our weaknesses is still crosses into the box despite Streete and Smith's ability in this department and that comes down to the amount of crosses they have to deal with as the wings have failed to protect the full backs all season well enough.

WOW, just wow !!!

The away end at Bradford is dire. The away end at Vale Park is our best (complete) stand. If policing would allow most fans would prefer to sit there and give you behind the other goal (which is about the same standard as your away end)

For the home support you travel pretty terribly, especially for a side doing well in the league. We bring about 25% of our home support when we play you, sometimes more if were doing well (rare) or special occasion.

On that basis you really should be bringing 4k which you obviously will never bring, hence the fustration.

Enjoy the game, stay away from the stewards and the pepper spray.

The away end at Bradford is dire. The away end at Vale Park is our best (complete) stand. If policing would allow most fans would prefer to sit there and give you behind the other goal (which is about the same standard as your away end)

For the home support you travel pretty terribly, especially for a side doing well in the league. We bring about 25% of our home support when we play you, sometimes more if were doing well (rare) or special occasion.

On that basis you really should be bringing 4k which you obviously will never bring, hence the fustration.

Enjoy the game, stay away from the stewards and the pepper spray.

Again, fair point about our away end. It's far from great - but I never said it was brilliant either.

Catergorising our away end when we have two sections is baffling also. The overflow isn't shabby IMO. Very good view, decent facilities if a little cramped on the concourse.

Our away support is actually pretty good tbh, we just don't travel well to Vale. I think we took 616 to VP last season, but we'll then take more to clubs within a close proximity of you and 800+ down south.

Since we have been back in league one, we've averaged 1250-1450 - which again, isn't bad IMO.

It's all well and good bring 25% of the home crowd and seeking recognition, but it just highlights the fact that your home support is poor numerically, that's all. Loyal bunch of numbers, though.

Only this season have Vale brought a decent following, due to it being on the opening day - generally it's usually around the 600 mark on average, and you don't average 2,400 home fans - so it's not 25%.

But anyway, I'm missing this one - I have to work it. I've never seen us win there. You just seem the score a lot of late goals against us, and we then seem to return the favour in the return leg.

All that being said, we're m playing very well at the moment, take no notice of the recent results. We've outplayed all teams we've faced this season barring Swindon when we just didn't turn up. The issue has been scoring goals. We signed Charlie Wyke from Carlisle for £250k in Jan, and he's started well. 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. Before then, we were very solid in defence, but now seem to concede every game. So you will have your chances, for sure.

Again, fair point about our away end. It's far from great - but I never said it was brilliant either.

Catergorising our away end when we have two sections is baffling also. The overflow isn't shabby IMO. Very good view, decent facilities if a little cramped on the concourse.

Our away support is actually pretty good tbh, we just don't travel well to Vale. I think we took 616 to VP last season, but we'll then take more to clubs near you and 800+ down south.

Since we have been back in league one, we've averaged 1250-1450 - which again, isn't bad IMO.

It's all well and good bring 25% of the hole crowd and wanting recognition for it, but it just highlights the fact that your home support is poor numerically, that's all.

Only this season have Vale brought a decent following, due to it being on the opening day - generally it's usually around the 600 mark on average, and that isn't 25% away-to-home ratio.

But anyway, I'm missing this one - I have to work it. I've never seen us win there. You just seem the score a lot of late goals against us, and we then seem to repay the favour in the return leg.

All that being said, I we're playing very well at the moment, take no notice of the recent results. We've outplayed all team we've faced this season barring Swindon when we just didn't turn up. The issue has been scoring goals. We signed Charlie Wyke from Carlisle for £250k, and he's started well. 3 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. Before then, we were very solid in defence, but now seem to concede every game. So you will have your chances, for sure.

Overflow being the side stand? I have fond memories of sitting in that side.

I see your argument with regards to away support vs home support but check out similar sized home support's away following. Teams with a similar home support do not travel as well as we do. So its less to do with how bad our home support is and more to do with how poor your's is.

Overflow being the side stand? I have fond memories of sitting in that side.

I see your argument with regards to away support vs home support but check out similar sized home support's away following. Teams with a similar home support do not travel as well as we do. So its less to do with how bad our home support is and more to do with how poor your's is.

Yeah, I remember the JPT game quite fondly.

There's no question that you get good away crowds compared to other clubs who average circa 4,000, but you fall within that bracket of averaging relatively small numbers at home. So, I'm not sure how comparisons can be draw in percentage terms when there is talk about what we average at home/away.

For example, we need to average 2,700 away to fall into the 15%+ percentage bracket - and how many clubs average 2,700+ in the league.

Not sure I agree. All a load of nonsense anyway.

Yeah, I remember the JPT game quite fondly.

There's no question that you get good away crowds compared to other clubs who average circa 4,000, but you fall within that bracket of averaging relatively small numbers at home. So, I'm not sure how comparisons can be draw in percentage terms when there is talk about what we average at home/away.

For example, we need to average 2,700 away to fall into the 15%+ percentage bracket - and how many clubs average 2,700+ in the league.

Not sure I agree. All a load of nonsense anyway.

No doubt our away percentage would go down on an increase of home supporters but we would always be in the top end of the table for our away following. With 16,000 home fans buying a season ticket and the team playing well we would bring 4,000 to Bradford no doubt

Archived