onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Gillingham v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

As one of the 129 there today (131 if you include Eddie & Jean in the main stand) I find it hard to criticise any of the players. They put in a great shift and deserved more than the point, and were understandably deflated at the end of the match.

Purkiss had a solid game and his performance was a great response to the last weeks errors. The goal came from a great ball in and extremely difficult to defend.

The performances under Brown have shown a marked improvement and deserve more than the points we have gained. The only exception was last Saturday where I believe Brown got the formation wrong.

3 points today would have been great for squad confidence, but I hope when they debrief on Monday they are able to look at the positives.

Will we stay up? Who knows. We are in a dog fight and it could go either way.

Whose fault will it be if we go down? Smurthwaite is entirely to blame. It is his experiment that failed. It was him who dismantled a team that finished 12 last season and was making steady progress.

I truly hope we get the rewards our play has deserved since Christmas but there are no guarantees in football. If the players continue to show the desire and commitment that was displayed today will have a chance of avoiding the drop.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Don't know if you noticed but McGivern,Dodds,

Leitch Smith and Dickinson were all on the bench today so we could be in a worse position than we actually are if we had managed to keep them.

At least we didn't lose, even though it's scant consolation to the 133 :clap: who went. For me , Thomas is a big loss.Didn't hear the Brown interview, but he has to be very frustrated , and after conceding a late goal, it would have been better not to do an interview at all, and send out someone else. We're all pissed off these days, but keep the faith, and we'll stay up imo. Many thanks to the away following today. Cold day in Gillingham, unlike here , which I won't reveal. :smile::upthevale:

By the look of those highlights it wasn't actually Purkiss who lost his man.

Radio stoke to balme for slating him on commentary- also he seems to be the new dodds where by some just want to pick on him for everything- he wasnt at fault for 2 goals v peterborough plus other players were worse yet nowt said.

Yes he makes mistakes but so do others -

Given that Jerome Thomas' appearance record prior to signing for Vale was something like 16 apps in an injury plagued 2 years, then I fail to see how Brown can be shocked. He's already played 18 for us so we've done pretty well out of him to be honest.

MB's just coming across as desperate in looking for excuses now - and in doing so may have just bitten off his nose ...

Just watched the goals on Sky's website - where has the idea come from that Purkiss is at fault? It looks like he's marking the number 4 Chris Herd.

It came from both Phil Sproson and Lee Blakeman in commentary, they were sure it was Purkiss who was to blame for losing his man and singled him out, but having seen the video I'm not so sure.

Don't know if you noticed but McGivern,Dodds,

Leitch Smith and Dickinson were all on the bench today so we could be in a worse position than we actually are if we had managed to keep them.

Duffy scored in Notts 2-1 win, Dicko on the bench. The years move on.

In peace guys.

Weren't there today, but our forums in full agreement we were woeful, and you sounded decent and organised. Kept us to just 1 or 2 shots. Radio Kent did indeed say we were very lucky. Funny, our last 2 away games v promo contenders Sheff U and Bradford we've been great. At home we sound cr@p most weeks.

Seems both our seasons are not going as we'd like. Here's hoping we can get the points needed to make the last few weeks stress free and mid-table :yes:

edit - oh, and some comments about you being cynical, time wasting etc etc. I never buy that. We all do it away from home. It's called being professional. And home fans say it about every away team that gets a point or 3. Christ, Gills are accused of it every single match...Hmm, might be something in that

Archived