onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Gillingham v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I can't argue with anyone who would want changes after yesterday but chopping and changing continually isn't the answer in terms of stability and organisation.

We either try three at the back and squeeze midfield or we have two regimented banks of four, with say Pugh in front of Tanser.

But I wouldn't have Kelly anywhere near my XI at places like the Gills and Millwall. Both have big strong players and Kelly I'm afraid is not at all suited to that type of physical battle.

I don't rate him much but maybe yesterday he would offered us something to replace Shadipo with. Eagles isn't a winger.

Playing Walker on his own up front will be a receipe for disaster away from home, the ball will just keep on coming back to us, he is too lightweight to hold the ball up, gets knocked off the ball too easily, not sure we have got anyone good enough to play this way. After yesterday's poor performance, got to be a couple of changes. For me if everyone was fit it would be;

Farsan

Gibbons Smith Streete Kiko

Shodipo Guy Foley Thomas

Forrester Hooper

Hooper is wasted on the wing, get him up front, he has proved in the past he can finish when given the chance, the full backs have been poor in the last 2 games, would be a massive gamble but think Gibbons should be given a chance, Purkiss has really poor for a number of weeks and think Kiko was made a scapegoat after the Wimbledon game and never been seen since, he did well in the couple of games before.

That looks fine to me

Id go with

Fasan

Streete Knopps Pugh

Gibbons Foley Guy Amoros Baba

Forrester Cecelia

None of the two up front did anywhere enough to play the next game .

Smith was playing injured so he might be out

Purkiss Tanser Defrietas to sit on the bench there performances were not a good enough standard stay in .

Its a brave team but i think Pugh would be the talker at the 3 at the back ,Amoros will tackle ,Guy im sure will play better than yesterday .

I liked the winger when he went off there was nothing after .

Cecelia comes in as u need hit a big target man away and do your work from there .

The only way we are to get out of trouble is to stop conceeding goals. Unfortunatly with out Grant we seem to conceed goals by the bucket load. We are going to have to park the bus , not nice but we have no other alternative conceeding three or four goals a game is very worrying indeed. We need to secure our div 1 status asap. Then look to next season we need a good nucleus of ten players who are going to play 40 plus games per season to get some consistency, if you are going to change the side every week we are not going to get very far.

By the way i am trying to lighten the depression on here

I'll try too. Up until yesterday we looked ok under Brown in the league. A deserved win at home to Chesterfield, a point away at Oldham, encouraging home draw with Bury and a good performance at the league leaders which, but for a crazy penalty award, could of yielded a point.

The $64k question is - was yesterday a day a one off or the norm with this team? We will no doubt know in a months time.

We need six wins and already:

Bristol Rovers (H),

Swindon (H),

Shrewsbury (H),

Coventry (A),

Northampton (A),

Chesterfield (A) all look massive games.

We certainly need to be safe by the Chesterfield game as in our last four games we play Sheffield Utd & Bolton at home and Oxford & Fleetwood away!!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived