Ben Purkiss

philmpv

.....is an absolute liability, and has been all season. I think dropping him was one of the decisions made by Bruno that can be applauded. His passing is woeful, as is his positional sense. Yet he keeps getting in the team week in week out, and now appears to be the sole captain. What kind of message does this send out to the other players? Plus, if you were his teammate, would you really respect any criticism on the pitch from him, playing as he is. Give young Gibbons a chance - he definitely can't do any worse!

Advert:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Bruno didn't drop him, everyone was telling us he had a legitimate shoulder injury.

That aside, he's been very sloppy recently and it's worrying.

Advert:

All of the defence have been poor for a good while including our golden boy.

Alnwick kept us in plenty of games and now he is gone and we have a young untested keeper who one day might be decent but he is no Alnwick at this moment and time which makes us weaker , massively so.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

As Club Captain surely Micheal Brown can see he's a total embarrassment and a liability at the moment , definitely the weak link in the defence.

Really?? I thought the other full-back was considerably worse. Not that I think he played well, because he didn't.

He's ****. Has been all season and Bruno probably realised this!

It's criminal that we've signed so many midfielders yet not a decent right back!

Injured shoulder my arse,it's definitely a leg problem.

Really?? I thought the other full-back was considerably worse. Not that I think he played well, because he didn't.

I though that he was poor at Scunthorpe as well, worse than knopps and far worse than kiko who can't get a look in.

Advert:

Trouble is we have no one else to play in that position. Is Yates deffo still out for the season or is he back training now? Shouldn't throw the young lad in, can't see it benefit him when we are losing so badly at the minute. Can Kiko play there?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Trouble is we have no one else to play in that position. Is Yates deffo still out for the season or is he back training now? Shouldn't throw the young lad in, can't see it benefit him when we are losing so badly at the minute. Can Kiko play there?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Yates started light training about 4 or 5 weeks ago. Not sure where he is at now not seen him for a while.

Advert:

He isn't on top form and I guess he knows it more than we do but it doesn't help when he's playing with a different lad in front of him every game and a midfield that can't get a grip on the game. He has been poor but with no defensive cover we're stuck with a player out of form and low on confidence. As I said the other day, we needed defensive cover on deadline day and didn't get any.

He isn't on top form and I guess he knows it more than we do but it doesn't help when he's playing with a different lad in front of him every game and a midfield that can't get a grip on the game. He has been poor but with no defensive cover we're stuck with a player out of form and low on confidence. As I said the other day, we needed defensive cover on deadline day and didn't get any.

He seems to be the new dodds, people are ready to pounce especially where i sat even before te bsll got to him yet walker who was the worse player today didnt have a word said about him= Yes purkiss isnt in the best of form but to kick him and not others who were worse aint great-dont think some of the balls to him were great putting him in a bad position

Archived