onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sin-bin plan for yellow cards in football

Tomo

Advert

I thought the rule on only captains being able to speak to the captain had been tried in this country? Which I agree with. As for sin bins, how long 10 mins?, with a red card for a second yellow and the usual red for 5 yellows. Could reduce some of the taking it for the team, but would it make a lot of tackling too risky and change the aggressive English game? Would the habits of some card waving refs change?

I think what also should be looked into is when the ball is not in play time is stopped and reduce a match to 40 minutes each way. The reason why I've said that to this is there would be a lot of time wasting during the time a team is down to ten men. Legal time wasting is fine i.e keeping the ball in a corner but you'll have teams taking forever on goal kicks, throw ins etc.

I think what also should be looked into is when the ball is not in play time is stopped and reduce a match to 40 minutes each way. The reason why I've said that to this is there would be a lot of time wasting during the time a team is down to ten men. Legal time wasting is fine i.e keeping the ball in a corner but you'll have teams taking forever on goal kicks, throw ins etc.
Limit the time taken for a goal kick from the time ball received to the time it is kicked. The ref to show timing by raising his arm or pointing to his watch that action is being taken.

Until I see the detail I will view the following quote as an oxymoron:

The move is intended to help the development of the game at lower levels, "by promoting and encouraging more people to take part," the International Football Association Board agenda reads.

We have a game - football
    football has a set of rules and guidelines for players and match officials, and
    match officials manage the game and take decisions accordingly

Now, it seems, there are moves afoot to spread the decision taking process :huh:

For me, I like the Rugby League way of managing games - the referee and liners control the games - end of...

Limit the time taken for a goal kick from the time ball received to the time it is kicked. The ref to show timing by raising his arm or pointing to his watch that action is being taken.

I really can't see this working at the very lowest levels of the game and it has to be consistently applied at all levels or not at all.

I really can't see this working at the very lowest levels of the game and it has to be consistently applied at all levels or not at all.
The whole policy seems very strange to me. Match control cannot be consistent at all levels, the Prem has goal line cameras, Assistant refs have links to the ref in the higher levels of the game, whereas at the lower levels sometimes left to a bloke with a dog. The only thing consistent is that it should be fair between the two teams.

The whole policy seems very strange to me. Match control cannot be consistent at all levels, the Prem has goal line cameras, Assistant refs have links to the ref in the higher levels of the game, whereas at the lower levels sometimes left to a bloke with a dog. The only thing consistent is that it should be fair between the two teams.

I can see that but I don't agree with it. I don't see why the top level should get the benefits of all this just cos they have the money to pay for these things..and clearly they do feel they will benefit from it or they would not be shelling out the money to pay for it whether that be goal line technology, enough professional officials and so on. I get the do it where you can argument as well but for me it's again just rewarding the haves of the game

I can see that but I don't agree with it. I don't see why the top level should get the benefits of all this just cos they have the money to pay for these things..and clearly they do feel they will benefit from it or they would not be shelling out the money to pay for it whether that be goal line technology, enough professional officials and so on. I get the do it where you can argument as well but for me it's again just rewarding the haves of the game

Realistically you're never going to get all the best equipment/technology & resources at all levels of the game, but it doesn't mean that nobody should be allowed to use it.

That would be holding up the advancement of the game just as much as the lack of resources at lower levels is.

In terms of the sin bin argument though, I'd much prefer to keep the cards as they are.

Realistically you're never going to get all the best equipment/technology & resources at all levels of the game, but it doesn't mean that nobody should be allowed to use it.

That would be holding up the advancement of the game just as much as the lack of resources at lower levels is.

We'll have to disagree then; IMO "advances" should be applied at all levels or not at all..we put nets in the goals, we replaced a tape with a crossbar, whistle replaced a handkerchief for the ref..it may have taken time to implement at all levels but it was achievable.

I'm just a cynical luddite at heart!!!

In terms of the sin bin argument though, I'd much prefer to keep the cards as they are.

The laws and guidance etc allow refs to deal with things now..they just need to apply them consistantly. Did you see that Jack Rodwell 'tackle' this week.....he could have got 18 months for that if done on the streets!!!

Archived