onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Nobby Stiles

Olaf Yeredov

Advert

According to Twitter Nobby is in a really bad way both financially and health wise. Is there anything that the club and supporters can do for him?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using the onevalefan mobile app

I'm sorry to hear of anyone having a hard time, but do you really think Port Vale or the fans of Vale should help - as others have said Manchester United have hundreds, thousands of times as much as us and wouldn't miss 100k or so.

The FA might also like to help, or even perhaps Sky could buy some goodwill as they have thrived off football to put it kindly.

If we knew, there are also almost certainly a number of ex-Vale players or others associalted with the club who have fallen on hard times too, and would be ahead of Nobby in any handouts if it came to it.

Nevertheless, I hope things improve for him - but find the opening post truly astonishing.

I'm sorry to hear of anyone having a hard time, but do you really think Port Vale or the fans of Vale should help - as others have said Manchester United have hundreds, thousands of times as much as us and wouldn't miss 100k or so.

The FA might also like to help, or even perhaps Sky could buy some goodwill as they have thrived off football to put it kindly.

If we knew, there are also almost certainly a number of ex-Vale players or others associalted with the club who have fallen on hard times too, and would be ahead of Nobby in any handouts if it came to it.

Nevertheless, I hope things improve for him - but find the opening post truly astonishing.

That's a no then - I can live with that. Just putting it out there.

That's a no then - I can live with that. Just putting it out there.

It's not a strident 'no way' type no - it's a case of there being many, many, many others who could, and more importantly SHOULD be rushing to help - and should have done so already, so there would have been no need to make your request. If there were nobody else, the answer might well be different, but I send him good wishes anyway.

I'm sure I read that Man U bought his medals for their museum some time back for hundreds of thousands? Doesn't mean they couldn't do more but its not as if they have done nothing.

The 'football family' should help if man u dont

Wish him and his family well at this difficult time

I'm sure I read that Man U bought his medals for their museum some time back for hundreds of thousands? Doesn't mean they couldn't do more but its not as if they have done nothing.

Hear,hear.

I remember seeing Nobby standing with fans in the Bycars End some years ago.

There is no such thing as the 'football family', to paraphrase your darling Margaret Thatcher with her 'there is no such thing as society'.

Your esteemed self has said several times before that you shouldn't tell people how to spend their money.

So if you wish, you could sell your house and send the proceeds, I'll feed my dog and help animal charities with my money.

As you are 'sure' (link perhaps - would be nice) that Manure have put 'hundreds of thousands' Nobby Stiles way, then it follows that you believe he has somehow got through that money.

Hear,hear.

I remember seeing Nobby standing with fans in the Bycars End some years ago.

Likewise with JAitch, why not dig deep in your own pockets before agreeing how others should spend their own money. I seem to remember you also saying nobody should be told what to spend their hard-earned on as well.

Archived