onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should the rules be the same

pjg1876

Just watching Liverpool v Southampton EFL Cup game where goal line technology was used to determine whether a goal should be awarded to LFC. Besides me being of the opinion that Premier League clubs should not be allowed to enter the competition as they are not members of the EFL, they can also use technology which is not available to most, if not all, EFL clubs. Surely this means the Premier League clubs are also allowed to play to different rules than the other clubs. But then again, I suppose we all have to bow down to the EPL, the "best League in the world" or so it is said.

Advert

But the technology is not there to give either side an advantage, yes it gives the specific game an advantage of being more accurate in terms of if a goal is scored, but it's also more accurate in confirming if a goal is not scored, so it's not really that unfair to the others.

Technically it's just having a really accurate referee in terms of the goal line...the PL teams/games involving them always get the better referees anyway so it's not a massive difference.

...Good job they didn't follow this argument back in the industrial revolution days when the steam engine was invented/created !! :wink: :wink:

I am with Seamus on this one. DRS in cricket was not used by every Test playing country until this season. When floodlights were first introduced not every club had them, but those that did could use them. Not to use the technology that is available is nonsense. New technology is developing and even newer technology is being introduced all the time, we should embrace it if it improves the product. No one can bemoan the use of technology to remove the argument about was that really a goal.

I am with Seamus on this one. DRS in cricket was not used by every Test playing country until this season.

Don't agree with DRS in cricket either, nor replays in rugby etc

When floodlights were first introduced not every club had them, but those that did could use them.

They don't affect the result of the game. no one is suggesting we should not embrace new technology at all in football.

Not to use the technology that is available is nonsense. New technology is developing and even newer technology is being introduced all the time, we should embrace it if it improves the product. No one can bemoan the use of technology to remove the argument about was that really a goal.

Product? Goal line technology won't improve it one jot.

I'm against it simply cos it's not right that Man C v Arsenal should have the benefit of technology that will affect results when the Red lion v The Bull will not just cos they have more money.

But it is not unfair, the same technology applies to both teams to give a more accurate result. Granted it should apply to other leagues as well, presumably it is a matter of cost or is still in the development/proving stage.

sky puts enough enough money into football to provide this technology, if the FA can't persuade the premier " prima donnas" to stump up some they should be barred from the FAcup...:yes:

Product? Goal line technology won't improve it one jot.

I'm against it simply cos it's not right that Man C v Arsenal should have the benefit of technology that will affect results when the Red lion v The Bull will not just cos they have more money.

I'd say it improves it, it's single handedly giving a more accurate result for every game it's used in, whilst taking some pressure off of referees & other officials who get enough stick for doing a very difficult job in the first place.

I understand controversy is good for football & decisions/events in games give us something extra to talk about & debate, but when it comes down to a goal that could knock someone (& possibly us at some point in the future) out of a cup, I'm sure fans would prefer to know that they deserved to go out/through because somebody scored against/for them, not because the officials messed up.

Of course goal line technology improves things, and eventually all games will have it.

To say no games should use it because it is not universal is a hilarious statement, if taken to its logical conclusion we should all throw away mobile phones, colour tvs and frige/freezers because many places in the world don't have them (yet).

Archived