onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Planning our last 2 home games of the season !

ollyandpatch

Advert

How much would it cost? How many extra police would be needed? How much would we actually make out of it?

I think given the fact there are going to be at least 4,500 Sheff Utd fans at the game anyway, the police costs will be huge anyway. I don't think they could go much higher as it will be the highest category match you can get. The probability of trouble will be much higher if we don't have the tickets to match the demand. There's no guarantee the game will be the one where they could clinch promotion or the title, so I understand the clubs predicament here, but if it turns out that way, then demand for tickets will be huge. There will be a high likelihood of their fans getting in the home end, especially if we have cash turnstiles. If that is the case, I'd get as many of them in as possible to cover the costs, and control their whereabouts in the ground. Then stock up on refreshments/catering :laugh:, plus programmes would sell well for away fans looking to get mementos from a promotion campaign.

The club needs to be looking at this game as a big opportunity to make money, surely they have to take it, whilst also maintaining as much control as possible to reduce the risk of disorder.

Meanwhile, we also need every point we can muster to avoid being relegated to the Fourth Division...

I think any decision should be deferred until after the Wimbledon game. If at that point we're still desperate for the point/s, then don't give them any further advantage. But, given the attendances we're currently getting, we'll need an extra 600 fans turn up just to have the same number as them anyway.

Sorry to pee on your fire but having been a season ticket holder in the paddock for many years there would be no way I would give up my seat to Sheffield fans.This idea would upset a lot of fans and in the long run would stop people renewing their season tickets (including me).

For the sake of one pay day the loss of revenue in the future would be huge.

The main thing is the side view of the pitch, that is why people go there, if you want an end view(It used to be quite a bit cheaper) you go Bycars. As long as there is a toilet, that is all I need. Check out the prices at some Prem grounds, side views are much more expensive, especially the half way area.

I have never known the bycars being cheaper than the railway, and that's in my 50 years support

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

I have never known the bycars being cheaper than the railway, and that's in my 50 years support

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Need to go back to the 50s,I spotted an offer for the new Railway Stand 1954/5, centre seats 6 guineas, wing seats 5 guineas, season tickets that is. For our younger readers a guinea was 21 shillings or £1.05.

Archived