onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Planning our last 2 home games of the season !

ollyandpatch

Advert

Not at all. If the demand for the game means that more than 4492 Utd fans are after tickets, then there's more chance of them getting in the home ends and "taking over". Give them the paddock (the worst facilities in the ground) charge them full whack and sell as many as possible. Give us the Hamil End and try a local promotional offer (only available to Vale fans). Get as many in as possible. People always say our fans prefer away games, it'll feel like one if we're in the away end.
Make it all ticket then, no sales after Friday, that would keep the home areas safe.

Make it all ticket then, no sales after Friday, that would keep the home areas safe.

My idea about the paddock wouldn't happen anyway so waste of time even thinking about it, but something will need doing about security so all ticket needs to be the minimum. Just wonder how many Vale fans won't go as a result of leaving it until the last minute.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Wish we were in a position to do something like this but it sounds like with it being Easter and our current relationship with the police it's not possible.

I really hope were in a safer position by then and they are already promoted. We should be aiming to be on 50 points by then going into our most difficult games with a bit of momentum.

My idea about the paddock wouldn't happen anyway so waste of time even thinking about it, but something will need doing about security so all ticket needs to be the minimum. Just wonder how many Vale fans won't go as a result of leaving it until the last minute.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Yes that's the problem, too many vale fans wouldn't go.

People keep(rightly) going on about the Rudgy era and games like Spurs, Everton, Southampton etc. The common denominator was sell out crowds bring in more money so we could afford better and better players, which in turn generates more bums on seats, an upward spiral.

That's why I think we should be giving the blunts as many as they want.

People keep(rightly) going on about the Rudgy era and games like Spurs, Everton, Southampton etc. The common denominator was sell out crowds bring in more money so we could afford better and better players, which in turn generates more bums on seats, an upward spiral.

When you see the temporary stands put in at non-league clubs for FA Cup games and the like, it really shouldn't be impossible to utilise the Lorne St terraced area for some games.

Exactly. I do get the argument that the game itself will be important for us so we don't want to give them a bigger advantage, but hopefully by then we'll be safe anyway (fingers crossed). If so, I think it would give us time to come to some arrangement. The paddock option is a non starter, I wish it wasn't, but just need to get real, it won't happen. So at the fear of annoying less people, the only option would be to give them the Bycars. We did that against Wolves in 2000 but by the time the game came around they couldn't make the automatic place so knew they were in the play offs. The game meant nothing to anyone, so they only had a few hundred in there. If we're 2 weeks or so from the game, away tickets have sold out with huge demand for more, we're safe etc etc, then try to make as much money as possible from the game in my opinion. Giving them the bycars would give them an allocation of about 8.5k. and we'd have plenty of room to accommodate the few hundred Bycars regulars as a one off in the Railway or Lorne Street.

When you see the temporary stands put in at non-league clubs for FA Cup games and the like, it really shouldn't be impossible to utilise the Lorne St terraced area for some games.

Health and Safety won't let it happen in the Lorne Street because of the gradient. The stand needs finishing properly lets face it, for so many reasons.

Exactly. I do get the argument that the game itself will be important for us so we don't want to give them a bigger advantage, but hopefully by then we'll be safe anyway (fingers crossed). If so, I think it would give us time to come to some arrangement. The paddock option is a non starter, I wish it wasn't, but just need to get real, it won't happen. So at the fear of annoying less people, the only option would be to give them the Bycars. We did that against Wolves in 2000 but by the time the game came around they couldn't make the automatic place so knew they were in the play offs. The game meant nothing to anyone, so they only had a few hundred in there. If we're 2 weeks or so from the game, away tickets have sold out with huge demand for more, we're safe etc etc, then try to make as much money as possible from the game in my opinion. Giving them the bycars would give them an allocation of about 8.5k. and we'd have plenty of room to accommodate the few hundred Bycars regulars as a one off in the Railway or Lorne Street.

Maybe defer a decision till after the MKD game when we'll hopefully have a better idea if we're safe or not, agree about the Bycars even though I have a st for that end, also agree the railway stand and paddock is a non starter so the only other option is the Bycars.

Tomo if you have not got your ticket yet you can go in the Hamil end for the England vs Italy ladies game on Friday 7th April 7.45 kick off price adult £7.50 over 62s £3.50 children £3.50 you can get the tickets from the vale park ticket office.

Yeah cheers mate! I'm going but couldn't remember which stands were open. Might have my first game in there then :smile:

With a bit of gumption, it could be done.

I agree. It's so embarrassing and gives a terrible impression of the club. It needs finishing and then when demand is as high as it could be for this match, giving an allocation of approx. 5.5 to 6k would be ideal.

Once it's done, I'd have the TV cameras on top of the paddock in future, looking towards the completed lorne street. The corners would be filled in and the whole stadium would just look so much better to people who only ever see our club through the highlights on TV.

Archived