onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Planning our last 2 home games of the season !

ollyandpatch

Advert

Up to Smurf to do a costing. Otherwise give them the Bycars, far less people to upset than if they have the Railway Paddock, would there not be a segregation problem between the Stand and Paddock. Originally away fans had about a 1/4 of the Railway stand, at the Bycars end, before Hamil became the away end.

The police wont allow it . Give Railway paddock fans the Hamil end and let them see what they think of it compared to the Railway. If a precedence could be set that Vale have both ends and the away fans are put in the Railway then it would lessen the effect of the Away fans being small in number and any noise created would just dissipate. I'm sure there could be some arrangement where the away fans are allowed a section of the adjacent companies car park on match day and the police should be up for it as they then have an easily segregated car park with its own access to Hamil Road.

It would also allow Vale fans from the Railway to see how good the facilities are in the Hamil.

The police wont allow it . Give Railway paddock fans the Hamil end and let them see what they think of it compared to the Railway. If a precedence could be set that Vale have both ends and the away fans are put in the Railway then it would lessen the effect of the Away fans being small in number and any noise created would just dissipate. I'm sure there could be some arrangement where the away fans are allowed a section of the adjacent companies car park on match day and the police should be up for it as they then have an easily segregated car park with its own access to Hamil Road.

It would also allow Vale fans from the Railway to see how good the facilities are in the Hamil.

The main thing is the side view of the pitch, that is why people go there, if you want an end view(It used to be quite a bit cheaper) you go Bycars. As long as there is a toilet, that is all I need. Check out the prices at some Prem grounds, side views are much more expensive, especially the half way area.

If they could guarantee selling 10,000 tickets I would give them the whole of the Railway, we can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm sure i have an early memory of a game v Blackburn when they were given access to the railway and the full hamil in the back end of 70's think we lost 4-1 (or 4-0) and everytime they scored a mass pitch invasion from the hamil end- i'm sure terry bailey had an header thathe headed down and it bounced over the bar and we as home fans were in the minority but may be wrong as it was a long time ago.

Could make lorne st a standing area an give to away or give away fans railway and we have unfinsished lorne st and hamil keep away fans in for 20 mins after game but would be v hard to police,

I'm sure i have an early memory of a game v Blackburn when they were given access to the railway and the full hamil in the back end of 70's think we lost 4-1 (or 4-0) and everytime they scored a mass pitch invasion from the hamil end- i'm sure terry bailey had an header thathe headed down and it bounced over the bar and we as home fans were in the minority but may be wrong as it was a long time ago.

Could make lorne st a standing area an give to away or give away fans railway and we have unfinsished lorne st and hamil keep away fans in for 20 mins after game but would be v hard to police,

Lorne St can only be an all-seater, the rule for a tier 2 club when it got planning permission and FA grant. It is more likely that police charges would make the whole exercise uneconomic.

You obviously don't sit in the Bycars. As a Bycars Ender, our home end, I won't be giving up my seat to Away supporters and I live in Sheffield!!!!

You will if it happens. :razz:

Did Bury move fans to help us? did Wycombe give up a whole side? Did Rochdale move their fans from that side a few years ago? Yes on all three counts. I'm sorry but IF Sheffield Utd need a point or 3 for promotion and the club ask us for 12,000 tickets and the police agree, we should try and accommodate them.

Just my opinion. Some good answers on here by the way.

Like I said earlier in the thread, why would you give them over 10,000? We wouldn't sell 10,000 at all. It would just be an embarrassment and I personally don't want our club being the one who people laugh at because there is more away fans that home fans. So no thankyou. Let them have 4.5k and let us fill up the rest of the ground not them.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

You will if it happens. :razz:

Did Bury move fans to help us? did Wycombe give up a whole side? Did Rochdale move their fans from that side a few years ago? Yes on all three counts. I'm sorry but IF Sheffield Utd need a point or 3 for promotion and the club ask us for 12,000 tickets and the police agree, we should try and accommodate them.

Just my opinion. Some good answers on here by the way.

I agree with your points, but Rochdale didn't give the side up, it's always the away end. Crewe give up their family stand when we sell out there.

To those saying they'd be embarrassed. I would too if it was a normal fixture, but huge clubs with a chance of clinching promotion? That wouldn't bother me. Seeing them celebrate on our pitch would be another thing altogether. That would turn nasty, no doubt about it.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived