onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Planning our last 2 home games of the season !

ollyandpatch

Advert

The thought of them having the Railway Paddock makes sense. Coaches park up on the old Coop car park site. They come through the gates and straight into the Stand. The gap is fenced off, so they have to go through the turnstiles.

Much needed revenue for the Vale to rebuild their squad for next year. But this is Vale, so the thought wont be debated.

As they say tin hats on. This is only one game.

4492 in this Division is a great allocation, maybe Bolton, MK Dons, Sheff Utd and Coventry the only ones capable of such away tickets, maybe Charlton.

If they were at Fleetwood or Northampton then there'd be a lot of unhappy Blades fans.

Not a cat in hells chance of further tickets, bear in mind as i have a mate who is plod, Good Friday is double time for the boys in blue so it is going to cost a small fortune as it is.

They are at Northampton the week before and have an allocation of 1413 so that puts 4492 into perspective. Unfortunately in this day and age it'll be a struggle to give them more tickets. Perhaps if and when the Lorne Street is finished that will be the area for extra allocation but you get the feeling it'll be a cold day in hell before that's done. BTW United play at MK the week after so a lot of their fans may target that game as they could get 9000+ tickets.

The thought of them having the Railway Paddock makes sense. Coaches park up on the old Coop car park site. They come through the gates and straight into the Stand. The gap is fenced off, so they have to go through the turnstiles.

Much needed revenue for the Vale to rebuild their squad for next year. But this is Vale, so the thought wont be debated.

As they say tin hats on. This is only one game.

0 chance of us giving them our main stand where the biggest portion of the home fans sit. Wouldn't want them in there anyway, where nearly all of our noise & atmosphere is made the majority of the time, & the away fans would have the full run of the pitch to urge their side on, whereas our fans spread out over the remaining stands wouldn't be able to make much of an impact.

It's not that I mind the thought of moving at all. I've often thought about sitting in other stands for the odd game (never been in the away end, keep meaning to try but can't bring myself to do it on a match day), but Vale come first, & if there's any possibility we need points from this game, that could put a huge dampener on it.

They are at Northampton the week before and have an allocation of 1413 so that puts 4492 into perspective. Unfortunately in this day and age it'll be a struggle to give them more tickets. Perhaps if and when the Lorne Street is finished that will be the area for extra allocation but you get the feeling it'll be a cold day in hell before that's done. BTW United play at MK the week after so a lot of their fans may target that game as they could get 9000+ tickets.

Agree the unfinished Lorne st is an ideal overspill for large followings, how much would it cost to finish it. Say it holds 2000 ( guess) that's around £40k in gate receipts, Bolton could probably fill it as well, £80k it could pay for itself in 2 games.

Cannot believe the amount of people who think we should give them the Paddock. Just because they are a bigger club and will give us a few more quid, you think we should just roll over and let them take over the ground. Some things are more important.

Soft isn't the word, get back to painting your partners toenails.

Agree the unfinished Lorne st is an ideal overspill for large followings, how much would it cost to finish it. Say it holds 2000 ( guess) that's around £40k in gate receipts, Bolton could probably fill it as well, £80k it could pay for itself in 2 games.

In common-sense land we could let them stand in the unfinished Lorne Street stand without any problems.

0 chance of us giving them our main stand where the biggest portion of the home fans sit. Wouldn't want them in there anyway, where nearly all of our noise & atmosphere is made the majority of the time, & the away fans would have the full run of the pitch to urge their side on, whereas our fans spread out over the remaining stands wouldn't be able to make much of an impact.

It's not that I mind the thought of moving at all. I've often thought about sitting in other stands for the odd game (never been in the away end, keep meaning to try but can't bring myself to do it on a match day), but Vale come first, & if there's any possibility we need points from this game, that could put a huge dampener on it.

I know what you mean. I think it's our noisiest stand by default simply because it's closer to the away fans. The fans that go for the atmosphere would probably jump at the chance of getting in the Hamil End as a one off. The atmosphere sounds great in the paddock when you're in it, but shocking everywhere else. I've been in the box before and seen hundreds of arms outstretched as though the fans are really going for it, but you can hardly hear them, the sound just doesn't travel well.

If this game turns out to be the one where they could win the league, or secure promotion, then an allocation of 4492 will see their fans in the home ends which is just asking for trouble. I agree that 4492 is a great allocation for this league, and not many others could offer that. But these are circumstances that will rarely be repeated. Last season Walsall had the chance to secure promotion and only brought 3,300. Very few other clubs in our league would fill it, but we're talking about Sheffield Utd, so we have to consider what could happen if we don't offer them more tickets. We have history, so the risk for trouble is high as it is.

If we could give Vale fans the Hamil End it would attract a fair few more to attend in my opinion. Would be interesting to see what a half decent atmosphere behind a goal would do to motivate the players at VP for a change.

I know what you mean. I think it's our noisiest stand by default simply because it's closer to the away fans. The fans that go for the atmosphere would probably jump at the chance of getting in the Hamil End as a one off. The atmosphere sounds great in the paddock when you're in it, but shocking everywhere else. I've been in the box before and seen hundreds of arms outstretched as though the fans are really going for it, but you can hardly hear them, the sound just doesn't travel well.

If this game turns out to be the one where they could win the league, or secure promotion, then an allocation of 4492 will see their fans in the home ends which is just asking for trouble. I agree that 4492 is a great allocation for this league, and not many others could offer that. But these are circumstances that will rarely be repeated. Last season Walsall had the chance to secure promotion and only brought 3,300. Very few other clubs in our league would fill it, but we're talking about Sheffield Utd, so we have to consider what could happen if we don't offer them more tickets. We have history, so the risk for trouble is high as it is.

If we could give Vale fans the Hamil End it would attract a fair few more to attend in my opinion. Would be interesting to see what a half decent atmosphere behind a goal would do to motivate the players at VP for a change.

It rocked against Saints in the Cup

Cannot believe the amount of people who think we should give them the Paddock. Just because they are a bigger club and will give us a few more quid, you think we should just roll over and let them take over the ground. Some things are more important.

Soft isn't the word, get back to painting your partners toenails.

Not at all. If the demand for the game means that more than 4492 Utd fans are after tickets, then there's more chance of them getting in the home ends and "taking over". Give them the paddock (the worst facilities in the ground) charge them full whack and sell as many as possible. Give us the Hamil End and try a local promotional offer (only available to Vale fans). Get as many in as possible. People always say our fans prefer away games, it'll feel like one if we're in the away end.

Tomo if you have not got your ticket yet you can go in the Hamil end for the England vs Italy ladies game on Friday 7th April 7.45 kick off price adult £7.50 over 62s £3.50 children £3.50 you can get the tickets from the vale park ticket office.

Archived