onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale announce season ticket prices for next season

News Feed

Worked it out £265 is the full price if you did not get the early-bird season ticket at £245 so the early-bird ticket for 2017/18 starts at this seasons full price and then goes up £20 in june to £285 this could then be the starting price for the 2018/19 season so not a price freeze

Advert

I posted a couple of weeks ago bemoaning the lack of business acumen in marketing. This comparison underpins a number of the points I raised then, advance of this. This is poor business management and marketing and before anyone starts to say I am "having a go" or just trying to find something to moan about I urge people to contrast and compare.

This is not about what happens on the pitch this is about business management and our CEO and Chairman should be all over this and working hard to be innovative in their offer and doing all they can to attract a new generation of supporters to Port Vale.

Colchester United are the nearest football league club to me but I never go there unless it is to see Port Vale. However on business I go to the Stadium often, and in my job I have approved funding for a number of business conferences and meetings there. It is an excellent community facility and one from which Port Vale have much to learn. Chairman and CEO better marketing and business management should be delivered now.

We don't know for sure if marketing for season tickets falls to the marketing team or the ticket office.

If it's the latter, I think we'll be waiting a long time to see any improvement. The current set-up is sadly not fit for purpose.

We don't know for sure if marketing for season tickets falls to the marketing team or the ticket office.

If it's the latter, I think we'll be waiting a long time to see any improvement. The current set-up is sadly not fit for purpose.

If that is the case the latter should be selling the tickets under a marketing umbrella responsible for selling the entire services of the club to the local community.

I usually buy mine in May.

My son is almost 10 now. This year was the first time I've had to pay for his ticket. I thought £60 (which included a voucher for a home shirt) was decent value. Unfortunately the club shop very rapidly sold out of this age group of home shirts for the season 2016-17. My lad was disappointed that he didn't have the shirt to wear at the start of the season. Following numerous false promises and complete bull **** from the shop, we're now approaching the end of January and he still hasn't got the shirt. He's given up on bothering asking me now and I have to use all my powers of persuasion to get him to attend matches with me.

At the age of 9 the club have managed to switch him off being a Vale fan because the shop has zero level of customer service and clearly can't be arsed. I'm appalled. He is a potential lifelong fan. It's a very sad situation at our football club when they thoroughly **** people off who are loyal fans.

Absolutely. It seems to be the "bare minimum" amount of work by Vale. If Colchester can produce this sort of work why can't Vale? I presume that we'll get a few pictures put on the official website and social media as well but wheres the work to attract new fans, to bring back lapsed fans, to use a database of fans who've previously had season tickets... sadly I suspect none of these common sense and obvious marketing tools that other clubs clearly use will be done. :sad:

p.s. but I will be thrilled and delighted if Vale prove me wrong :yes:

They have a better stadium and they are based in Essex too the irony in it. Port Vale have been over priced since smurf turned up.

I'll be getting one. I'm glad the club finally have finally seen sense and removed the 'tax' on the payment plan. I've always felt it was a barrier to people buying a season ticket on the plan, knowing they were paying more for the same thing as someone who bought it outright in May. I'll buy mine in May, but it's good to know we've done something for people who can't do that. If we're not removing price barriers, then we should try and remove as many of the other barriers people have for not attending.

That's a start. I still feel that the season ticket is too expensive for the area we are based in, but there is no willing from Smurf do a target campaign. Knocking it down to £300 won't entice enough back in for the difference, it had to be a massive difference and a big song and dance made to do something like that. I don't think we've got the capabilities or the willingness to do something like that at the moment.

Will be having one as per usual,

Me too, however there in lies the problem.

Vale's entire marketing strategy is just to rely on the people who buy one "as per usual". Unfortunately with every passing season this number gets less and less.

We simply HAVE to find ways of enticing the next generation of Vale fans otherwise it will be a slow and painful death.

Me too, however there in lies the problem.

Vale's entire marketing strategy is just to rely on the people who buy one "as per usual". Unfortunately with every passing season this number gets less and less.

We simply HAVE to find ways of enticing the next generation of Vale fans otherwise it will be a slow and painful death.

After the shambles of the cheap FA Cup tickets not being publicized and the cheap Oldham tickets being taken off sale hours before a home game, I don't hold out much hope of a coherent sales plan for season tickets.

Archived