onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Graham Taylor

Advert

Awful news for his family.

He did a super job as a manager at Lincoln and Villa, not to mention Watford.

Like them all he didn't pull up any trees for England [and upset Lineker] but he'll be sorely missed. As Jacko says, he used to be on the radio a lot and was always good value.

A great shame.

Aye..decent bloke and did a great job at club level but sadly thought Carlton Palmer was the answer to England's midfield problems

I have that documentary on VHS somewhere..will have to dig it out. Phil Neal steals the show though

Sat watching it now, remember being angry at the time how badly we'd failed, now it just makes me smile.

The Sun are reporting that he'll be buried in his garden between the runner beans and the potatoes.

(Sorry, I couldn't help it)!

Seriously though, a sad passing of a man who always came across as a decent person and who wasn't all that old. He just wasn't up to the England job but then again that's been the case with most England managers. RIP Graham.

Really sad. A very nice chap who I had the privilege of meeting on a couple of occasions. It's not so long ago that he moved away from these parts (he lived in Sutton Coldfield) to move to Hertfordshire to be nearer to his daughter. Fitting I suppose that he was down there close to the scene of arguably his greatest period in charge of Watford. IMO he was much better as the England manager than the media gave him credit for and was of course, also comparitively successful during his period with Aston Villa. RIP Graham. Sadly taken too young.

Archived