onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf on the radio

Mario

Dont get this. Wants a bloke reporting to him on the team, but he doesnt want give him a job. Surely, if his opinion offers any value we would be looking to bring him in. If it doesnt, hes just like any of the other 4000 ****** that watch them lot try and kick it each week. Surely it just under values Browns work.
May not be able to afford him, but has asked for an assessment of the team for a one off fee?

Advert

I'd still like to hear what the Vale's definition of a CEO is. It's all very good calling someone a CEO but does he perform the duties of a CEO?

After all an owner can step away and allow a club secretary to do the day-to-day things (the role Mr Garlick replaced) but that doesn't make that person the CEO.

I would say one of the key elements of being a CEO is that you are given overall control of the budget - that is you are given a budget and then allowed to use that budget to appoint the staff you want etc. At the same time you provide the long-term plan for the club - a strategy and plan of action.

If he isn't doing those things and just being the de facto office team leader then he's surely just club secretary albeit with the title of "CEO".

If he is wholy in charge of the budget and long-term plans - then why isn't this strategic vision being shared, why isn't he talking to the press? It's not much use having a vision for a football club if you keep it a secret. It's not much use having a CEO if they remain silent.

Just as an example this is what the Reading CEO did when that club was still in League One - http://www.isportconnect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19406&Itemid=485

p.s. one giveaway - he is listed as "club secretary" on the official website - http://www.port-vale.co.uk/club/whoswho/

Dont get this. Wants a bloke reporting to him on the team, but he doesnt want give him a job. Surely, if his opinion offers any value we would be looking to bring him in. If it doesnt, hes just like any of the other 4000 ****** that watch them lot try and kick it each week. Surely it just under values Browns work.

Sounds to me like Mixu was doing some consulting work for Smurf/MB on the team, another set of eyes, a different perspective, what's good what's not so good, what's needed. At the end of the day Smurf and MB take or leave Mixu's view.

Sounds to me like Mixu was doing some consulting work for Smurf/MB on the team, another set of eyes, a different perspective, what's good what's not so good, what's needed. At the end of the day Smurf and MB take or leave Mixu's view.

I'll give him another perspective...we're utterly toothless upfront, have very little pace, craft or steel in midfield and on the flanks and so the defence is under constant pressure and so always likely to concede. Essentially, if we go behind, especially away, then invariably we lose these days.

There, think that just about covers it. And I didn't even need the comfort of a directors box.

If that be the case I wish they had paid Rudgie a one off fee...... 3,000 of us could tell him that for nothing.

Archived