Advert

Advert

Dear Smurf

SuperValiant1876

Advert

Already happening!

"We'll go again next week and try to improve"

Michael Brown after yesterday's game.

That's a wee bit unfair, Conte, Klop Mourinho would struggle to get the Vale playing after inheriting Smurfs ragbags

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true. They're not exactly queueing up to buy the club are they?

Vale fans seem to have a belief that someone will come in spend millions and we'll be successful. The reality is we are in a very poor city, with low discretionary spend and a max fan Base of 8000. No sane business man will invest. Smurf got hoodwinked by Wildes. At some point he will walk away and my guess is Vale Park will be a housing estate. Some day soon he'll realise it's a thankless bottomless pit, but I'll get Saturdays back. I never cease to be amazed by the managerial targets and transfer targets of some fans. A reasonable striker in this league wants say 10000 a week, so they've got to add over 1000 on to the gate to break even. We might, at a push, get that for hus debut. Some of the managers talked about will want more than that.

Vale fans seem to have a belief that someone will come in spend millions and we'll be successful. The reality is we are in a very poor city, with low discretionary spend and a max fan Base of 8000. No sane business man will invest. Smurf got hoodwinked by Wildes. At some point he will walk away and my guess is Vale Park will be a housing estate. Some day soon he'll realise it's a thankless bottomless pit, but I'll get Saturdays back. I never cease to be amazed by the managerial targets and transfer targets of some fans. A reasonable striker in this league wants say 10000 a week, so they've got to add over 1000 on to the gate to break even. We might, at a push, get that for hus debut. Some of the managers talked about will want more than that.

A reasonable striker in League One wants £10,000 a week,don't think so,that's a bit high in my opinion.The average wage in our league is about £80,000 a year.

You are talking about Championship wages there.

Just to be clear, I don't particularly want Smurf to sell up and leave, there are aspects to him I really like, he just keeps making wildcat decisions that invariably shoot him / us in the foot. What I'd really like is for him to be more thought out and sensible in his decisions and for him to think & act longer term rather than keep trying for some miraculous instant success, which is what a lot of football owners do these days. It doesn't work, never has and is unlikely to ever will.

A reasonable striker in League One wants £10,000 a week,don't think so,that's a bit high in my opinion.The average wage in our league is about £80,000 a year.

You are talking about Championship wages there.

So as a question how much with a signing on fee do you think Tom Pope would cost with things like employer NI added on and pension contributions ?

If it was put up for sale at a sensible price they would do.

Very interesting article by Daniel Taylor in today's Observer discussing football club ownership and the " chaos theory".

To quote him"All that can really be said is that just because someone appears to have wealth does not automatically make them competent..."

He was actually talking about Morecambe but could very easily be referring to the Vale.

Archived