Reality Check and simple facts

philmpv

Reality check: According to the BBC website. Alex Jones states " as soon as I saw Bradford wanted me I dismissed any interest from any other club. Bradford are a massive club and I couldn't wait to sign.

Seems he dismissed us out of hand as soon as he knew they were after him and makes his sickness bug excuse laughable.

Absolutely spot on. But blame Smurf as a lot do on here! None of us know what money or terms etc were discussed so it's madness to keep blaming Smurf for players that choose to go elsewhere!

Advert:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hes gotta say that though, pandering to the new fans.

I did think the timing of his stomach bug was suspicious though. Think his agent told him to stop playing as to not to risk an injury

He was projectile vomiting in the dressing room 20 minutes before kick off. No doubt he called his agent first to check if that would be OK!

He has been totally respectful to the club and it's current and former management team. Setting aside emotion, which I realise is nigh on impossible, if you were given the choice of Vale or Bradford right now as a young ambitious footballer which club would you choose?

Smurf seems to have become a massive pin cushion to pin all the failings of the club on. Sadly the biggest reason for our lack of progress has perhaps been our failure to ever get into the Premier league.

Wigan, Swansea, Bournemouth, Mk Dons, Burton, Fulham, Reading, Brightonare just a small selection of clubs who have been long above us when historically were much smaller clubs for a long period.

We have not been able to attract the additional investment they have causing us to slip behind with less room for us in the top two divisions

Compare the populations of some of them, they have never been smaller than us. Consider the income of people in Brighton, Fulham and Reading. Burton yes, a club in a good spell, will not last, Bournemouth backed by a Billionaire? Wigan likewise.

When we got promoted that day and any other time we get a crowd where more neutrals attend is when u offer a deal .

No marketing means no extra custom as relying on a big game where the opposition bring a few so that brings our occassionals out hasnt being at all fruitful as the performances have being nothing short of dross when they do attend .

Then the customers who r Vale through and through aint enjoying the matchday experience because no pies left etc but as a businessman i can c why u wouldnt put to much hot food on .

What if no one buys the ptoduct then u r wasting money like programnes why have 1000 madeif max sell is 250 u would surely just have 255 made .

Its called cutting your cloth accordingly .

However on the pitch u need very good players as thats what we pay for ,not the alcohol ,pies ,bovril ,programmes etc .

We need to find a way get folk interested in Vale beating Huddersfield somehow is a must .

As that 4th round draw could strengthen the club no end .

UTV

Get a grip! The last few times I have been I have had a pie and Bovril at HT no problems whatsoever. If no pie puts you off going you need give your flannel a drying.

Who said it put me off going?

In the paddock on Boxing Day they had no pies at half time.

That's lost revenue for a club in desperate need of revenue.

If you find it acceptable then more fool you.

Advert:

Get a grip! The last few times I have been I have had a pie and Bovril at HT no problems whatsoever. If no pie puts you off going you need give your flannel a drying.

Oh right, you managed to get one so that means everything is a-ok.

They ran out of hot water against Walsall.

Water.

Reality check: According to the BBC website. Alex Jones states " as soon as I saw Bradford wanted me I dismissed any interest from any other club. Bradford are a massive club and I couldn't wait to sign.

Seems he dismissed us out of hand as soon as he knew they were after him and makes his sickness bug excuse laughable.

Exactly said this all along.

Looking at it objectively it was always going to be a no brainer. It's like choosing Stoke over Arsenal.

The man can't even make sure there is hot food for his customers in the paddock at half time.

And some trust him to run a football club?!

If it was just the football side of things he hadn't a clue about I'd cut him some slack but the marketing and the very basics down to getting a half time pie is shocking.

I agree the food and drink issue is a disgrace at the moment but its folly to say that's his fault. Do you think chairmen of any other Prem / Championship or League 1 club goes round checking stock levels. Heck he's even helped serve in the past.

What he needs to do as per the marketing department is sack the crap that's in charge and that's costing his business money and get management in who care passionately about delivering customer service and driving business.

Advert:

He was projectile vomiting in the dressing room 20 minutes before kick off. No doubt he called his agent first to check if that would be OK!

He has been totally respectful to the club and it's current and former management team. Setting aside emotion, which I realise is nigh on impossible, if you were given the choice of Vale or Bradford right now as a young ambitious footballer which club would you choose?

Hi Alex :hello:

The man can't even make sure there is hot food for his customers in the paddock at half time.

And some trust him to run a football club?!

If it was just the football side of things he hadn't a clue about I'd cut him some slack but the marketing and the very basics down to getting a half time pie is shocking.

I'm not sure many chairmen in any business take a lead role in pie policy!

If there's any entrepreneurs out there they should try and capitalise on the shambles by offering decent, affordable and plentiful food outside the ground.

Advert:

Archived