onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Window: Vale ins, outs, rumours etc...

robf

Transfers aren't as easy as some people think, people keep mentioning the likes of Bogle and some have mentioned Akinde. Any signing at this level is a gamble, yes we could of forked out the pittance for Bogle but then fans would moan about wasting money on an inexperienced Striker when we need experience.

We could of gone the experience way and signed Dagnall who does have a record at this level but has only scored 2 goals for Crewe.

John Akinde no doubt had scored shed loads for Barnet yet his record previous to them is absolute shocking.

Alex Jones is another example when we signed him people on this forum moaned their bags off that we didn't go for experience, but now want us splash the cash on a player from the league below.

Whoever we sign we just need to support them because no matter if their record at previous clubs is poor doesn't mean they will be for us.

Sent from my HTC 0PGQ1 using Tapatalk

Advert

Not sure you get his point REP.

I don't care about Rob Page.

I'm sure he doesn't.

Most don't.

It's done. Dusted.

Sadly you keep bringing him up to paper over the cracks of this season.

Fella, I didn't like Pages football but it was a damn site better than the utter dross I've witnessed this season.

Keep clinging to the early Millwall Scunthorpe games.

It's all you've got.

Worst season performance wise in many a year.

Even when we were 19th in league 2 we weren't absolutely battered most games.

Today was a point closer to the magical 50. The sooner we get there, the better. The sooner you open your eyes the better.

The club is in a right old mess.

I don't think it's any different at all to be honest, in fact I don't think we had the quality of first two months of this season at home at any point last season.

Clearly people do care as they keep bringing the old manager up.

One thing is for sure the chairman needs to ensure it's 3rd time lucky when it comes to his managerial appointments.

I don't think it's any different at all to be honest' date=' in fact I don't think we had the quality of first two months of this season at home at any point last season.[/quote']

I really think this is a case of distance lending enchantment to the view. The first two months of the season saw two excellent wins against Scnuthorpe and Millwall. The other three wins were far from quality, indeed, against Southend the first half was appalling. We beat Rochdale with our one effort on target and in the first half against Gillingham we were slow and lethargic. In conjunction with that were some dreadful away performances, the match at Carlisle probably being the pits although Bury ran it close.

There were high spots last season as well - the great home win over the Blunts and that amazing comeback at Peterborough spring to mind. I think it's simply wrong to say that all last season was kak and much of this season has been encouraging.

I really think this is a case of distance lending enchantment to the view. The first two months of the season saw two excellent wins against Scnuthorpe and Millwall. The other three wins were far from quality, indeed, against Southend the first half was appalling. We beat Rochdale with our one effort on target and in the first half against Gillingham we were slow and lethargic. In conjunction with that were some dreadful away performances, the match at Carlisle probably being the pits although Bury ran it close.

There were high spots last season as well - the great home win over the Blunts and that amazing comeback at Peterborough spring to mind. I think it's simply wrong to say that all last season was kak and much of this season has been encouraging.

Some games last season at home were a joy to watch, the devastating performance against Doncaster, beating Burnley, Wigan and Sheffield United spring to mind.

Ivan Toney is heading back to Newcastle after loan at Shrewsbury. He scored 6 for them.

Interestingly Louis Dodds is their top scorer with 7 so far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan Toney has accumulated 11 yellows and a red already this season. He's a maniac.

It might be difficult for vale to nake signings untill a permanent manager is appointed.michael brown could sign a player but the job could be given to another manager who doesnt fancy that player so i think giving the start brown has made we may aswell give him the job till the end of the season so he can work with the players he wants.

As for potential targets ive already said james norwood striker from tranmere. I also like the look of dave tarpey a winger from maidenhead scores goals for fun.

Well i genuinely enjoyed the first two months. If you didn't thats your choice.

Where did I say all of last season was kak? You need new glasses as you can't seem to read anything I say!

Archived