onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

goal keepers

marlow17

Have said it constantly over the last few years, we need a keeper in his 30's. They hit their prime later on, and an experienced keeper could bring on a younger keeper as well.

i agree, a strong personality wud ease the defensive nerves, must be an old head sat on the bench week in week out in league 1?

Advert

Yes they are but how does that apply here, tommo and martin dont do that both are good goalkeepers who are struggling at the moment and dont need fans getting on their backs! Remember how good they have been and how good tommo was at Burton they are very good goalkeepers, everyone makes mistakes!!!!

Both are in poor form, both have cost us points/goals this season, its an area of weakness.

Im never on their backs during games (i personally am a Martin fan) however neither has impressed this season and i feel it needs addressing one way or the other.

I don't think both goal keepers are terrible. I think they are both good. Look at Tommo when he arrived start of last season, and Martin end of the previous. They don't suddenly lose this ability. It's been mentioned before, what is the coaching like? We seem to be able to bugger up their confidence internally. Plus, switching keepers constantly doesn't help. Adams should pick his first choice keeper and stick with him for a while.

I think they are both good keepers just a bit short on confidence. But putting my opinion aside you wouldn't believe the grief a bloke was giving to Martin at the Plymouth game, lets face it he couldn't have done much wrong as there wasn't much to do. How do we expect our players to do well if we don't back them. We are supposed to be supporters aren't we!

Guest thecharlatans
I believe Tomlinsons build is now to the point of impacting performance... if he wishes to continue as a professional footballer he needs to train as a footballer and not some sort of olypic powerlifter!

ive said the same for a while. it's ridiculous having a keeper that looks suited to world strongest man. surely can't help him when diving and getting back to his feet

I believe that both keepers are good enough for any league 2 side.

What's happening at the moment is they both have low confidence which has been caused by each other. They are under so much pressure as they know one mistake and the other is good enough to step straight in. Both contracts are up at the end of the season so that's another stress for them both.

I think one of them should be loaned out and I'm sure we would then see an improvement in them both.

Archived