onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Chesterfield

Fosse69

Tough call this. If we'd been against a better side a 5-3-2 definitely suits what players we have. Thomas is our only real winger I have any faith in so 4-4-2 doesn't really seem an option. Kiko and Taylor as wing backs with Amoros/De Freitas, Grant and Thomas in the hole behind Reg and Jones should work. Other than that it'd have to be Purkiss in at right back, Taylor on the wing and Thomas down the left. De Freitas would have to play in midfield over Amoros then though as we'd lack an engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advert

This could be the making of some of these players getting down to basics and not confusing them with zonal marking. Bruno going should give everyone around the club a lift so it's time to get behind Browny and the boys, I'd love him grab his chance with both hands and get the players wanting to give everything for him. First job for him is pick a permanent captain.

I'd make Grant sole Captain, maybe the responsibility would be the making of him from a point of view of discipline.

Id make Smith captain and sell Grant as quickly as possible

He thinks he his better than what he actually is ,Walker Bogie Van der Laan Taylor ,Sonner ,Foley he aint fit lace there boots .

Utv im sure Brown will do a good job hes a better player than Grant .

His contacts will get Vale flying i hope .

Id make Smith captain and sell Grant as quickly as possible

He thinks he his better than what he actually is ,Walker Bogie Van der Laan Taylor ,Sonner ,Foley he aint fit lace there boots .

Utv im sure Brown will do a good job hes a better player than Grant .

His contacts will get Vale flying i hope .

Brown a better player than Grant ? Maybe 10 years ago , not now!

You want to make a 20 year old Captain?

Sort yourself out.

Sort myself out the lad plays like a captain .

Age has nowt do with it .

Up to yet there has big very few plusses this season his efforts mainly gave been excellent .

Ill be honest with u im no Grant fan ive never seen him once join in and play a give and go and try get in the box ,or make a late run in the box to head home ( Earle ot Taylor style ).

What actually does he do ? .

Oh yeah he wins the ball but no good doing that if u cannot pass it quickly is it .

Id say Vale players sort yourselves out this is the entertainment industry not watching paint dry industry .

Utv

That's as maybe but he's still our best fit midfielder by a distance.

Yes he is but doesnt that tell its own story ,no wonder we struggle for scoring goals and entertaining the masses .

Brown ten years ago yes not now .

Age has everything to do with it. Because with age comes experience.

He's played 23 or so games in the football league, was doing GCSE's just a few years ago and you want to drop Purkiss, Grant and Alnwick as Captain for him?

He's got 35 hours of football league experience. He doesn't understand the ins and outs yet. The non-technical skills like communication and team management and gamesmanship you need to be Captain. Come on.

Would you have made Gary Roberts Captain because he could pass a ball?

Sort myself out the lad plays like a captain .

Age has nowt do with it .

Up to yet there has big very few plusses this season his efforts mainly gave been excellent .

Ill be honest with u im no Grant fan ive never seen him once join in and play a give and go and try get in the box ,or make a late run in the box to head home ( Earle ot Taylor style ).

What actually does he do ? .

Oh yeah he wins the ball but no good doing that if u cannot pass it quickly is it .

Id say Vale players sort yourselves out this is the entertainment industry not watching paint dry industry .

Utv

Too early for Smith and wouldn't help putting the extra responsibility on him plus he ain't the vocal type. No stand out candidates for me but Brown sees them day in day out so I'd trust him make the right choice.

Age has everything to do with it. Because with age comes experience.

He's played 23 or so games in the football league, was doing GCSE's just a few years ago and you want to drop Purkiss, Grant and Alnwick as Captain for him?

He's got 35 hours of football league experience. He doesn't understand the ins and outs yet. The non-technical skills like communication and team management and gamesmanship you need to be Captain. Come on.

Would you have made Gary Roberts Captain because he could pass a ball?

If Gary Roberts could pass a pub like he could pass a ball he's have played for his country.

Archived