onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager??

werstayinup

Not sure how to do a poll now but this has to be the best chance for smurf to do something right,instead of a massive squad invest in a manager capable of getting us out of this division.

So who would people like of those available? for me Hasselbaink,McDermott,Jackett,maybe even Adkins or even though i think he will go Norwich Rowett would be capable

Advert

I just hope Norman learns from his mistakes. The manager is the most important person at the club - appoint a crap one and the only way is down, appoint a good, experienced one and you have a chance. Norman has spent all his money this season on the pitch rather than in the dugout. We have a squad of 36 players at least 10 of whom are surplus to requirements. I bet we're paying the sort of wedge in wages each week to those players that could buy us a very decent manager.

I have no idea what sort of candidate will apply for the job but Norman must go for the best, not the cheapest or we will simply be watching groundhog day.

Lampard? Gerrard? :laugh:

On a more serious note, Cotterill? - although he is probably just as unrealistic as the two above, due to the points that Jacko makes, and that I've also mentioned on another thread - namely that Smurthwaite prefers to get managers on the cheap while throwing money away on literally dozens of players, many of whom are nowhere near good enough.

Plenty of decent experience out there like Rowett, Mcdermott, Adkins, Cotterill, unfortunately I doubt Norman will look or be able to attract them and suspect we will follow the same path as before in giving Brown the job on a temporary basis and if he does OK the job will be his full time or alternatively Norman will go left field again and appoint somebody nobody would think about/touch. Could do worse than offer Keith Hill a go, he's working wonders at Rochdale on low budgets.

Whoever the new manager may it be Brown or AN Other he must have the strength to stand up to Smurf, Smurf said he couldn't get involved in playing matters when Adams was here because Adams wouldn't let him, well that's the way it should be.

Good luck Browny I hope you can turn us round don't let Smurf stick his oar in his track record aint good.

I don't trust Smurthwaite to appoint anyone good. His messages before Bruno was appointed got me thinking he had someone really good lined up and then we ended up with an unknown failed Portuguese manager who is supposedly mates with Mourinho. Nice one Norm.

Agreed if he does make the right appointment it will be more by luck than judgement

Lampard? Gerrard? :laugh:

On a more serious note, Cotterill? - although he is probably just as unrealistic as the two above, due to the points that Jacko makes, and that I've also mentioned on another thread - namely that Smurthwaite prefers to get managers on the cheap while throwing money away on literally dozens of players, many of whom are nowhere near good enough.

He gets in dozens of players because he thinks he can find a nugget to sell on, hence the having a job to hang on to the summer signings at Christmas.

I think its time we employed a manager on merit and ability.

We have to get away from the easy option, the cheap choice, jobs for the boys, previous players, old managers and the promise of loans.

We need a manager who can build a team and spot potential, who has technical ability, control and respect... we dont need someone who can just make do with what they have or just rearrange what they inherit to survive... we need someone who can see beyond that... someone who takes and keeps smurf out of the footballing equation.

Sadly that will cost money and I dont think smurfs "how hard can it be" ethos will allow it to happen.

If Smurf wants to repay the loyalty of the Vale fans that are still attending and care deeply for the club, he will dig deep and appoint NIGEL PEARSON, a brilliant and talented manager who will take no nonsense from anyone or anywhere.

Clear out the rest, pay Pearson and give him free rein to bring in his own backup team and give the man a decent budget and a marketing/commercial team, then keep away and let him do his job.

Chances of it happening ? - about 2 per cent, but worth posting.

No new manager is a guaranteed success but by appointing an experienced guy, with a real track record and real contacts in British football helps the chance of success. I have no idea of the budget situation but hope the new manager can bring in a few quality aquisitions and build for next season and hopefully buy off the contracts of many of Bruno's follies.

Archived