onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno out now!!!!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

The guy is a joke, and a ***** as a manager. He achieved absolutely nothing to get the job, and our naive chairman who knows less about football than Howjy was conned into appointing such a ******* bloke. I wonder if there's another club who has such a ******* chairman/manager combination right now in league football?

For me personally it's not losing 4-0 that's the worrying thing. that happens; it's the manor or the goals we conceded yet again after only being undone on corners last week. Everyone has a bad day but this is a consistent theme that isn't being sorted. What is going on in training? At the start of the year we couldn't concede now we look like we're going to concede of every set play. It's his tactics that are proven to fail away from home yet keeps trying the same thing. As others have mentioned with the players we have available(as we do have loads of injuries) we have to be playing 352. But we set up identical every single match. It seems as Bruno has one way to play and that's it there is nothing else. Ive give him credit for bringing so many young lands into the side and giving them a chance.

If he is stil manager against walsall he has to change the formation, the whole idea of his football and most importantly **** this zonal marking off it doesn't work at any level never mind league. I think we've got some decent players so play them in the correct areas (not hart on right wing) and attack the opposition.

Can anyone here honestly say they would have done things differently in Smurfs position RE appointing Bruno. A world class manager in Mourinho calls you out of the blue to recommend his friend for the job. I think most people would listen to José in that situation bearing in mind who he is so to use that to bash Smurf with now is a little unfair in my opinion. Beechy, if you were Vale chairman and Mourinho rang you in August can you honestly say that his opinion wouldn't have any sway with you?

Can anyone here honestly say they would have done things differently in Smurfs position RE appointing Bruno. A world class manager in Mourinho calls you out of the blue to recommend his friend for the job. I think most people would listen to José in that situation bearing in mind who he is so to use that to bash Smurf with now is a little unfair in my opinion. Beechy, if you were Vale chairman and Mourinho rang you in August can you honestly say that his opinion wouldn't have any sway with you?

Of course I can't. But Smurf is a business man, a wealthy one, and obviously has more common sense than myself. Surely one look at Ribeiro's record which despite his young age is full of failures as a manager should have been a warning sign.

Do you know for a fact that it was him on the phone?

If it was me I would have arranged a proper face to face meeting with him then had a later meeting with Bruno.

If he called me as chair the first thing I would ask is why... with all his contacts in the game why me... I had just confessed to getting rid of a manager through nefarious means, broadcast the clubs up for sale at a ridiculous price and informed the football fraternity we are broke and shedding players by dropping their contract offers... I would also want to know why he would want to put his "mate" in that situation...

If it sounds to good to be true... it usually is

Norms had 4 or 5 years at his 'experiment' and doesn't seem to have learned much

True, I was originally only referring to Bruno. But thinking about it he's had the experienced manager, rookie manager and now a foreign manager. What next? Chopping and changing isn't the key. I feel he should have given Page more time, no matter what people's opinions are of him he was slowly building something. We went back to square one in the summer. We will be back there soon I think too and starting again with another managerial 'project' (I hate that word in football).

If he called me as chair the first thing I would ask is why... with all his contacts in the game why me... I had just confessed to getting rid of a manager through nefarious means, broadcast the clubs up for sale at a ridiculous price and informed the football fraternity we are broke and shedding players by dropping their contract offers... I would also want to know why he would want to put his "mate" in that situation...

If it sounds to good to be true... it usually is

Thought you might say something like that. Why little Port Vale, we don't deserve any interest from outside the area/division. Is the ground in Royston Vasey or something?! You can take your Captain Hindsight outfit off now too Geo.

Thought you might say something like that. Why little Port Vale, we don't deserve any interest from outside the area/division. Is the ground in Royston Vasey or something?! You can take your Captain Hindsight outfit off now too Geo.

Its not hindsight, you asked a question and I answered, its what I would have done

Its wasnt about Port Vale... more about the chairmans actions before the call...

Archived