Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Terence Crawford would have his way with Spence if that fight got made. Spence is good at what he does but Crawford is a much more rounded and naturally gifted fighter.

If Brook hadn't of stupidly jumped up two weight divisions to fight Golovkin and ultimately get his face caved in he would have also more than likely have beaten Spence.

Terence Crawford would have his way with Spence if that fight got made. Spence is good at what he does but Crawford is a much more rounded and naturally gifted fighter.

If Brook hadn't of stupidly jumped up two weight divisions to fight Golovkin and ultimately get his face caved in he would have also more than likely have beaten Spence.

Terence Crawford is a tremendous boxer but most of his time and wins have been at Light Welter, it would be a great fight and I'm sure it will happen. My money would be on Spence, he's the bigger guy and Golovkin..esque in the ring.

There wasn't that much weight difference between Brook and Golovkin when they fought. They both walk around at about the same weight but Kell Brook is special in that he can make weight at 147ibs, re-hydrate up to 160-165 and still retain his stamina for a fight, he's a big welterweight physically.

Kell may have been mentally scarred from the Glovkin fight but if memory serves me right he was doing well vs Spence for the first 4 or 5 rounds. IMHO Spence is a special talent and also physically big for a Welterweight so no surprise to me that he won and did similar damage to Golovkin but to the other eye.

Terence Crawford is a tremendous boxer but most of his time and wins have been at Light Welter, it would be a great fight and I'm sure it will happen. My money would be on Spence, he's the bigger guy and Golovkin..esque in the ring.

There wasn't that much weight difference between Brook and Golovkin when they fought. They both walk around at about the same weight but Kell Brook is special in that he can make weight at 147ibs, re-hydrate up to 160-165 and still retain his stamina for a fight, he's a big welterweight physically.

Kell may have been mentally scarred from the Glovkin fight but if memory serves me right he was doing well vs Spence for the first 4 or 5 rounds. IMHO Spence is a special talent and also physically big for a Welterweight so no surprise to me that he won and did similar damage to Golovkin but to the other eye.

I had Brook up by 3 I think after the first 7 before Spence got on top. I still think the damage and mental scars Brook received against Golovkin had a big influence on the result in his fight with Spence, although he only has himself to blame for getting in the ring with GGG in the first place. He had no right to be.

What do you make of the upcoming fight between Eubank and Groves? I like both and could make a case for either men winning.

I had Brook up by 3 I think after the first 7 before Spence got on top. I still think the damage and mental scars Brook received against Golovkin had a big influence on the result in his fight with Spence, although he only has himself to blame for getting in the ring with GGG in the first place. He had no right to be.

You're probably right, it was the first time he'd lost vs GGG and he received the same injury but to the other eye vs Spence, at least he got two decent pay days. I'd seen Spence a few times on US tv and knew he was special and it takes a special fighter to beat Kell Brook especially on his home middin', pre-fight I thought it was too close to call.

What do you make of the upcoming fight between Eubank and Groves? I like both and could make a case for either men winning.

I think Groves will edge it, he seems to have more power that Eubank and has been in with better fighters, Eubank doesn't appear to have a KO punch at this level. Gonna be interesting though.

Looking forward to the Linares fight later on, should be a decent bout.

Also see Badou Jack vs Adonis Stevenson has been announced for this year. Jack has been on a fantastic run since beating Degale and I can only see him getting better with each fight

Jorge Linares beat a Phillipino boxer called Gesta on points, there's talk of a re-match with Luke Campbell in the UK.

GGG vs Canelo rematch on 5th May.

Amir Khan scheduled to fight a Canadian named Phil; le Greco on 18 April in Liverpool.

Le Greco has a decent record of 31-28-3-0 with 15 KO's but he looks to be an ordinary fighter. He's lost to anyone with a decent record and the majority of his wins are over boxers with very ordinary records.

• 2 weeks later...

Paid to watch Groves v Eubank Junior last night. There was a huge gulf in ability with Eubank only offering braveness to keep going and throwing hay makers that miss by feet. Somehow Groves did himself an injury and dislocated his shoulder in the last round. Even then Eubank couldn't hit him. One has to suppose that Groves will stay world champion until a top level boxer emerges, as I don't think he is a great.

Paid to watch Groves v Eubank Junior last night. There was a huge gulf in ability with Eubank only offering braveness to keep going and throwing hay makers that miss by feet. Somehow Groves did himself an injury and dislocated his shoulder in the last round. Even then Eubank couldn't hit him. One has to suppose that Groves will stay world champion until a top level boxer emerges, as I don't think he is a great.

Warren there are boxers around at this weight who would be a tough test for George groves, David Benavidez and Gilberto Ramirez to name two, just depends if the promoters can make it happen sand the boxers want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible joshua..esque fight last Saturday night between Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz, Wilder KO'd Ortiz in the 10th after being virtually down and out in the 7th.

The match between Wilder and Joshua will be mega, may happen this year depending on the Joshua/Parker fight. Wilder's straight right hand is a game changer.

• 2 weeks later...
Dillian Whyte beats Browne with a brutal knockout, he was out cold even sky didn't replay the KO.

Onto a title match with Wilder next?

Didn't see the whole Dillian Whyte/Browne fight but the KO was brutal.

Looking forward to the Joshua/Parker fight. Parker hasn't fought a top tier boxer and his last three fights have gone the distance, Joshua for me by TKO unless Parker gets lucky.

AJ deservedly won on points IMHO over a tricky/awkward Joseph Parker,

Two awful referees in two days. The Italian (I presume) had very little big fight experience and kept jumping in far too quickly, didn't let the boxers fight. Joshua vs Wilder would be a very interesting fight, hope it can be made this year.

• 3 weeks later...

The Canelo Alvarez vs GGG rematch scheduled for 5 May has been cancelled due to Canelo failing two drug tests, the performace enhancing drug Clenbuterol being found in his blood. Canelo has been suspended for 6 months.

Lunacy by one of the biggest names in boxing, wonder how long he's been doing the pills.