Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Agree with you’re points regarding safety and AJ was in front, but this is heavyweight boxing and ONE punch can win you the bout. But, as said, I do agree with you’re points.

RR, I agree it really is a tough call and Takam will probably not get another chance at a World Championship. However, I'm guessing the ref had seen Takam hit AJ with his best shots and AJ had taken them and given AJ was so much bigger than Takam factored in the probability of a one punch KO was highly unlikely. Some of the Showtime commentators said the stoppage was premature.

Impressive performance by Wilder, in their first meeting Stiverne went the distance with him, the only man to do so.

The current climate in boxing is for the best to fight the best so hopefully AJ vs Wilder will happen in 2018. Wilder has said he's prepared and willing to go to the UK to fight AJ and with a possible fight in front of 90k people at Wembley and huge world wide pay per view numbers it could land both men mega pay checks. It should and has to happen asap.

It would be a fascinating fight, AJ's strength vs Wilder's agility and athleticism, may come down to who wants it most but I favor AJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Carl Frampton returns to the ring tomorrow, hoping to be the first man to stop Mexican opponent Horacio Garcia. Looks a tough bout for the Northern Irishman in his first fight since losing his Featherweight Crown in January. Now with new trainer Jamie Moore and the Frank Warren stable, Frampton need a good show to kick start his career.

Not showing the Frampton fight over here and I'll be out so can't watch it live on-line, will watch it on Youtube.

Finally Billy Joe Saunders is going to fight a top tier Middleweight, he's in with David Lemieux on 16th December in Quebec, certainly going to find out how good his chin is.

If Lemieux wins it sets up a rematch with GGG with the possibility of GGG becoming the undisputed Middleweight champion.

Impressive finish from Wilder. Does this make a potential Joshua/Wilder fight more or less likely in the near future ? Wilder is maybe one to avoid in the near future, but surely it has to happen doesn’t it ?

usual bullshyte from wilder,what he's going to do etc normal yank sick bag stuff.

Billy joe had better keep his chin covered cos lemieux can't half dig.

It's what make the fight so intriguing, Saunders is a strong guy and technically pretty good but probably hasn't got the power to keep Lemieux off him and Lemieux's power is scary.

• 4 weeks later...

Superb display of boxing by Billy Joe Saunders last night. David Lemieux, an out and out slugger, hardly laid a glove on him. Let's hope Saunders is true to his word and gets in with GGG 'cause I hear there's some doubt about GGG's rematch with Canelo.

Superb display of boxing by Billy Joe Saunders last night. David Lemieux, an out and out slugger, hardly laid a glove on him. Let's hope Saunders is true to his word and gets in with GGG 'cause I hear there's some doubt about GGG's rematch with Canelo.

Over here in the press,Saunders is calling Govolkin out, but it seems a big ask to me. But, no doubt he’s looking for that big payday, especially as it could unify all 5 versions for the division. No doubt time will tell

Over here in the press,Saunders is calling Govolkin out, but it seems a big ask to me. But, no doubt he’s looking for that big payday, especially as it could unify all 5 versions for the division. No doubt time will tell

Yep, he called GGG out at the end of the fight on HBO, let's hope he doesn't lose his pen again.

Must admit I was impressed with the win last night, he was very elusive.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like AJ/Parker is on for early spring somewhere in the Uk. A nice appetiser for AJ/Wilder later in the year. Let’s hope for no slip ups and see if Hearn IS true to his word about the Wilder fight “definitely happening” in 2018. Bring it on !

I'll drink to those two fights RR.

Fantastic year for boxing both commercially and bout wise. Here's hoping for another decent year of quality fights.

Fight of the year - Aj/klitschko fantastic bout also GGG/Canelo despite the controversial ending.

Boxer of the year - Linares for me. His fights with Crolla and Campbell were fantastic.

Best breakout Boxer - Conor Benn his last fight said it all! Huge career ahead of him and no doubt he will face Eubank Jr in the near future

Worst Fight -Mayweather/McGregor over rated and overhyped like many predicted

Hopefully Brooks and Degale will get some much needed victories this year also looking forward to Bellew beating Haye again and Groves/Eubank Jr

Fantastic year for boxing both commercially and bout wise. Here's hoping for another decent year of quality fights.

Fight of the year - Aj/klitschko fantastic bout also GGG/Canelo despite the controversial ending.

Boxer of the year - Linares for me. His fights with Crolla and Campbell were fantastic.

Best breakout Boxer - Conor Benn his last fight said it all! Huge career ahead of him and no doubt he will face Eubank Jr in the near future

Worst Fight -Mayweather/McGregor over rated and overhyped like many predicted

Hopefully Brooks and Degale will get some much needed victories this year also looking forward to Bellew beating Haye again and Groves/Eubank Jr

Spot on summary although I would go with Vasyl Lomachenko for boxer of the year, the guy is a brilliant technical boxer. Linares was superb also.

I've not seen Conor Benn although if he's half as good as his dad he'll be some fighter, I'll watch out for him.

Amir Khan announces a three fight deal with Eddie Hearn, with Liverpool’s excellent Echo Arena staging the first on April 21st. Seems to set up a fight with Kell Brook who previously seemed to avoid the former Bolton World Champion. Can he still hack it after that pummelling from Alvarez and a 2 year absence from the Ring ?

• 2 weeks later...

Errol Spence demolished Lamont Peterson in Brooklyn tonight, I reckon he will unify all the belts in the Welterweight division. He's strong, fast, a superb boxer, has a good chin and can punch. Strong possibility of a fight this year with Keith Thurman.

I don't know what weight Amir Khan fights at these days but if I were him I would stay well and truly away from a fight with Errol Spence.