Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Can't agree with the above though. If Fury gets himself in shape he makes Joshua miss for the majority of the fight before piling it on late on. Fury would be too quick and too smart, though in boxing it only takes one punch to change the whole flow of a fight.

I'd favor a fit and switched on Fury 60/40, but certainly would't be confident enough to bet on it.

Advert:

Can't agree with the above though. If Fury gets himself in shape he makes Joshua miss for the majority of the fight before piling it on late on. Fury would be too quick and too smart, though in boxing it only takes one punch to change the whole flow of a fight.

I'd favor a fit and switched on Fury 60/40, but certainly would't be confident enough to bet on it.

I'd go the other way, 95/5 in favor of Joshua. Saw lst night AJ can take a punch, get up and come back to win and I doubt Fury could cope with AJ's power. It's a long road back for Fury.

Klitschko was brilliant last night and would probably have beaten most current heavyweight. He bated AJ with his jab just waiting to set up AJ with his signature 1-2 combination which he did in the 6th after AJ thought it was all over in the 5th. Where Joshua got his second wind from I do not know but we won't see many better uppercuts than the one in the 11th roound and for me AJ finished him off perfectly with head and body shots without exposing himself to a sucker punch.

Bring on Deontay Wilder or Luis Ortiz.

Canelo Alvarez defeated Julio Chavez Jr, son of the Mexical legend, last night on points, 12 rounds to 0. Reported that Canelo will now fight Gennady Golovkin on Sept 16th at a venue tbd, doesn't get much better than this. I have tremendous respect and admiration for both boxers, don't wish to see either of them lose but GGG will edge it although GGG will have to be wary of Canelo's uppercut..

• 3 weeks later...

Big fight for Kel Brook this Saturday in his own Turf at Bramall lane , decent undercard with Groves also fighting and if he wins likely to get a rematch against Degale .

I'm more excited for Canelo - Golovkin then the Joshua Fight ! speaking on Joshua with fury still being delayed by the committee the only logical fight would be Wilder at Vegas maybe ?

Advert:

Tremendous fight between two of the best Welterweights in the world. Pre-fight I was uncertain whether Kell Brook's strength or Errol Spence's speed and power would win out, we know now.

If I was Kell I'd now go for a money fight with Amir Khan and for Errol a tasty, phenomenal bout with Keith Thurman.

Magnificent effort by both boxers.

• 2 weeks later...

Felt gutted for Brook though he made the right decision to stop and for me i can't see him coming back , he has never recovered from that serious eye injury he suffered from the Golovkin fight. Also big praise for Spencer who is gonna be a big name in boxing and a big well done to Groves who finally became a world champion in his own right.

Eubank Jr fight next. A talented fighter who sadly has a Ego and a poor management choice in his father which will do worse for his career then it will good

Advert:

Andre Ward and Sergei Kovalev 2 takes place in Vegas tomorrow. IMHO Kovalev was robbed in the first fight and should have won, I doubt he'll let it go to the judges a second time.

Really looking forward to The Ward - Kovalev fight . That's if i can manage to stay up for it !

I was working during the Paul Smith fight though i heard he lost , did you manage to watch it ? how did he do ?

Really looking forward to The Ward - Kovalev fight . That's if i can manage to stay up for it !

I was working during the Paul Smith fight though i heard he lost , did you manage to watch it ? how did he do ?

Didn't watch it, went out for dinner and only got through half the golf, watched the remainder when I got back. Will look for the fights on HBO and/or Youtube.

Believe Smith lost and Ward beat Kovalev with a contentious stoppage according to Paulie Malinagi.

• 2 weeks later...
Advert:

I see Nigel Benn and Steve Collins are having a rematch, both are in their fifties and neither have fought since the 90s.

What some will do for money eh.

Oh heck I hope not, would have thought the British Boxing Board of Control wouldn't sanction the fight.

Nigel Benn's fight (I think it was his last one) against Gerald McCellan was one of the greatest performances by any British Sportsman I've ever seen, courage, skill, will to survive and win at it's very best. I thought both Boxers didn't fight again after the bout, McCellan certainly didn't.

I see Manny lost in quite a interesting way , didn't see it myself though i have read online the judges were in favour of Horn and he headbutted manny a few times . Quite sad to see this as a few years ago manny was for me the best fighter in the world and should have fought Mayweather years ago if Floyd wouldn't keep putting the fight off knowing he had a real chance of getting Knocked out.

Speaking of Floyd , all of a sudden everyone loves boxing now as this circus of a fight draws closer with Mcgregor .

All about GGG vs Canelo for me , very excited to see the two best fighters go at it.

Also rumours of Bellow possibly fighting Ward which would be interesting