Boxing: Fights coming up

Also noticed Michael Conlon won tonight . now known as the Conor McGregor of boxing. shame they had to keep going on about this alleged super fight between Mayweather and McGregor which i still don't think will happen instead of a young Boxer pro debut.

I hadn't heard about Michael Conlan 'til someone mentioned his win, isn't he supposed to be the next Irish sensation. I haven't taken much interest in Mayweather/Mcgregor as it seems a bit of a circus.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brook has not been the fighter he was for a few years now, mainly due to the injuries.  But the night he beat undefeated Shawn Porter in Vegas was one of the finest displays I can remember from a

Thought Kell Brook did well in the first 3 rounds. But then Crawford got warmed up and absolutely pummeled him. Well done to the ref for stopping it early. I noticed they had VAR like system tonight.

AT LAST!!! THE most unskilled heavyweight champion I have seen has finally been smashed, and his gob-shyyte spouting about being one of the best of all time was rammed down his throat. Luis Ortiz

I'm sick of hearing about both Mayweather/McGregor now ,both great fighters in their respective sports but only reason the media is hyping this "super fight" is because both are attention seeking and greedy and want more money despite being millionaires already.

Anyways back to proper Boxing , Crolla Linares II this Saturday should be a decent bout , I fancy crolla to just edge it

I'm sick of hearing about both Mayweather/McGregor now ,both great fighters in their respective sports but only reason the media is hyping this "super fight" is because both are attention seeking and greedy and want more money despite being millionaires already.

Anyways back to proper Boxing , Crolla Linares II this Saturday should be a decent bout , I fancy crolla to just edge it

Missed the first one, have taped it and watch it when I get home

Watches Crolla/Linares II, brave, gutsy performance by Crolla but he just hadn't got the punching power to make Linares keep his fists at home, some brutal uppercuts by Linares and the right decision IMO. Mikey Garcia vs Linares will be worth watching, Garcia is one heck of a puncher who can also box.

The master boxer Vasyl Lomachenko defends his WBO Junior Lightweight title on Saturday against Jason Sosa.

What a great weekend of sport coming up, the boxing, the Vale, The Masters, Grand National, nothing done in our house Thurs-Sun......as usual.

The master boxer Vasyl Lomachenko defends his WBO Junior Lightweight title on Saturday against Jason Sosa.

What a great weekend of sport coming up, the boxing, the Vale, The Masters, Grand National, nothing done in our house Thurs-Sun......as usual.

Also got Terry Flanagan fighting tonight , hopefully be a decent bout against Petrov. I see BT now own the rights to Boxnation and BT Sports viewers can get Boxnation on a thirty day free trial

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony Joshua vs Vladamir Klitchko in front of 90k fans at Wembley tonight, wish I could be there but will have to settle for the tv. Gonna be very interesting fight but whoever lands the first bid bomb and persuades the other boxer to keep his hands at home will win. If Klitchko doesn't up his game 10 fold from when he fought Fury he won't last the first round althogh he looked in great condition at the weigh in.

I'll be rooting for Joshua.

Sport doesn't get any better than that.

An incredible performance by Joshua, a fantastic effort by Klitshko, the best Heavyweight fight I've witnessed "live". I thought Joshua was done in the 6th round, to come back and win in that fashion was amazing.

Unbelievable fight. Credit both men - they give everything. How Joshua recovered from the onslaught he went through in R6 I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

He looked completely done, I don't know how he came back, he should've been finished off though but aj was amazing to come back and then land the blows he did in r11

Absolutely loved that (.......eventually!). A modern day classic that will be talked about by boxing fans for years to come.

Tyson Fury is entertaining (ref. some of his press conferences!).....but more in the style of watching Reggie Cicilia!, as in he's comical to observe rather than being a genuine talent - Fury's reaction to tonight's win for AJ - https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/858438889241010176

If Klitschko doesn't take up the rematch clause, then I'd love AJ to spark Fury out!

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid

Absolutely loved that (.......eventually!). A modern day classic that will be talked about by boxing fans for years to come.

Tyson Fury is entertaining (ref. some of his press conferences!).....but more in the style of watching Reggie Cicilia!, as in he's comical to observe rather than being a genuine talent - Fury's reaction to tonight's win for AJ - https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/858438889241010176

If Klitschko doesn't take up the rematch clause, then I'd love AJ to spark Fury out!

AJ would be charged with "murder" if he fought Fury.

Amazing fight and event.

Joshua showed heart, balls and recovery that I wasn't sure he had in him. He was so done from rounds 5 to 9 and could barely stand upright and throw a punch. Clearly he needs to find a better balance in regards to his muscle mass so he doesn't punch himself out again, or at least be more controlled when going for the finish, but yo can't nit be left impressed by the young man.

Wlad fought the best fight he's for in Donkeys years and had he probably thrown caution to the wind when he had Joshua hurt he might have gotten him out of there, as AJ was gone. Both blokes are a massive credit to the sport and boxing as a whole was the real winner last night.