Boxing: Fights coming up

David Haye vs Tony Bellew was a money making fight and it showed (still enjoyable though), it was not a fight between two elite boxers in their prime for a world title, that was Thurman vs Garcia.

Anyone wanting to see an upcoming fight between two elite boxers in their prime then tune into Gennady Golovkin vs Daniel Jacobs on March 18th, for boxing fans it will be a cracker.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brook has not been the fighter he was for a few years now, mainly due to the injuries.  But the night he beat undefeated Shawn Porter in Vegas was one of the finest displays I can remember from a

Thought Kell Brook did well in the first 3 rounds. But then Crawford got warmed up and absolutely pummeled him. Well done to the ref for stopping it early. I noticed they had VAR like system tonight.

AT LAST!!! THE most unskilled heavyweight champion I have seen has finally been smashed, and his gob-shyyte spouting about being one of the best of all time was rammed down his throat. Luis Ortiz

David Haye vs Tony Bellew was a money making fight and it showed (still enjoyable though), it was not a fight between two elite boxers in their prime for a world title, that was Thurman vs Garcia.

Anyone wanting to see an upcoming fight between two elite boxers in their prime then tune into Gennady Golovkin vs Daniel Jacobs on March 18th, for boxing fans it will be a cracker.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look out for that one.

Spot on Paul, Thurman Garcia was given no where near as much press as haye bellew.

Spot on Paul, Thurman Garcia was given no where near as much press as haye bellew.

Because it was on at approx 4am U.Kk time, it will be the same with the ggg fight and to make it more complicated the ggg fight is ppv over here. Still worth trying to watch it if poss.

Khan vs Manny is called off.

Really looking forward to the Golovkin Jacobs fight . Two great fighters though i think GGG will take it

The 38m didn't materialize, I'd have fought both at the same time for half that purse!!

Best fight for khan would be with Kell Brook and if Brook fails to beat Errol Spence then Khan vs Brook would be a win win for both.

Another tremendous GGG/Jacobs preview, I can't wait either, can't see it going to the scorecards and hope it doesn't go there. The look on the face of Curtis Stevens (ca 14 40) is an iconic moment in boxing. I can see GGG using the same strategy as when he fought David Lemieux and not the gung ho style he adopted vs Kell Brook. Jacobs has been KO'd and also knocked down before, GGG will stop him. Chocolatito on the undercard. Interestingly, David Lemieux fights Curtis Stevens in New York on Saturday evening.

Nathan Cleverly in talks to fight Badou Jack. Also rumours around Khan fighting Thurman if he can't get a super fight sorted.

IMHO, Khan has an over bloated view of his worth and ability, great boxer and hand speed but little use when your chin is made of wafer thin glass. TV stations only show him 'cause he's often in a dramatic KO fight, problem is when he meets an elite boxer it's him that's KO'd and he certainly will be KO'd if he fights Thurman.

Errr, well, obviously Mark!

One was on Sky. One was on boxnation!

I wonder why sky didn't give it as much press?!

Deary me.

Are you retarded? I said press where did I mention sky? Two undefeated boxers uniting a belt or a has been and a chancer. The point being hearn is ruining boxing. Still don't miss a chance to try and criticise one of my posts that you have misread.

Sad really.

IMHO, Khan has an over bloated view of his worth and ability, great boxer and hand speed but little use when your chin is made of wafer thin glass. TV stations only show him 'cause he's often in a dramatic KO fight, problem is when he meets an elite boxer it's him that's KO'd and he certainly will be KO'd if he fights Thurman.

Completely agree . For the last god knows how long Khan has claimed he wanted to fight Hatton , Mayweather , Froch , Brook and now Manny and every one of them would knock him clear out just like Alvares did. Much rather see Thurman vs Manny to be honest though I'm not sure how an older Manny would do against a very quick Thurman who can also knock an opponent out.

David Lemieux produced a devastating one punch KO of Curtis Stevens last night in round 3, Stevens was out before he hit the canvas. I believe he's OK but it was a serious reminder of how brutal boxing can be.

Lemieux wants Billy Joe Saunders next, if I was Saunders (or Eubank Jr) I'd go for Golovkin and make some money before I went anywhere near Lemieux, this guy can punch.

Edited by Paul6754

GGG remains unbeaten even though Daniel Jacobs deserved to win that.I'm a big fan of Golovkin but that was a shocking decision.

IMHO it was the right decision, Compubox showed GGG landed more punches and he certainly landed the harder ones, tremendous galant performance by Jacobs.

I thought the shocking decision of the night was Chocolatito's loss to the "Thai guy" (can't remember his name).

IMHO it was the right decision, Compubox showed GGG landed more punches and he certainly landed the harder ones, tremendous galant performance by Jacobs.

I thought the shocking decision of the night was Chocolatito's loss to the "Thai guy" (can't remember his name).

I thought Jacobs Out boxed him to be honest. Golovkin certainly wasn't at his best. I wonder if this sets up GGG vs Alvarez ?

Was that the Gonzalez fight ? my kodi box froze prior to the fight and eventually came on.I knew there was a shock as they were talking about it for a while

I thought Jacobs Out boxed him to be honest. Golovkin certainly wasn't at his best. I wonder if this sets up GGG vs Alvarez ?

I thought they were both really cagey, rumor has it that Jacobs rehydrated up to over 180lbs hence one reason for Golovkin's cautious approach. Jacobs looks a different fighter compared to when he lost to Pirog, his chin defo seems much stronger. However, as the challenger he needed to do a bit more, he was too defensive and didn't let his hands go enough. Still talk of GGG vs Alvarez or GGG vs Saunders, whether either comes off is anyone's guess but Jacobs showed that GGG isn't invincible.

Was that the Gonzalez fight ? my kodi box froze prior to the fight and eventually came on.I knew there was a shock as they were talking about it for a while

Yes, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, considered by many to be the best pound for pound boxer right now, suffered his first loss in 46 fights. You missed an absolute stunner (it'll be on Toutube sometime), his oppenent, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, is known to be a heavy puncher and he put Chocolatito down in the first round then caused a bad cut on Chocolatito with a headbutt in the 2nd, it was then a toe to toe slugfest. How the "Thai guy" stayed on his feet I'll never know but he was given a majority decision.