• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert:

Chisora - pulev tomorrow 

I'd love del boy to win but think pulev will drag it out till the end and get the decision.

On a 3 loss defeat also so del boy loses this one then it could be time to retire.

Decent undercard for a change. With Felix cash on there and the exciting soro both fighting 

Good win for Del Boy tonight. As I predicted Pulev made it scrappy and drag it till very end 

Interesting to see Chisora call out Wilder. Personally think Wilder takes that . Be a good pay day for Chisora though one he deserves 

Posted (edited)

Thought that was a poor fight until the final couple of rounds. He’s a decent fighter Chisora; but I can’t see him getting close to wilder if they fight 

Edited by valiant_593

Advert:

Posted (edited)
On 10/07/2022 at 00:13, valiant_593 said:

Thought that was a poor fight until the final couple of rounds. He’s a decent fighter Chisora; but I can’t see him getting close to wilder if they fight 

Before Wilder lost to Fury, I think there were several fights he should have lost had the opponent, who was a better boxer, had simply seen out the fight they were winning. To do that the opponent needed to stay out of the way of the haymaker by way of turning up for the fight in better physical condition. Wilder improved markedly against Fury. 

Edited by Warren

Advert:

5 minutes ago, LoveRapt said:

Connor Benn v Chris Eubank Jr now also looks like more than just a possibility

Would dearly love to see that one

I think it's a risky move for Benn moving up weight so soon. I thought he might have gone for one of the US welterweights first like Thurman or Danny Garcia.

While Eubank is certainly no GGG I remember Brook saying going up to middleweight was a bad idea and not smart from his side especially with his first actual Middleweight bout being against Golovkin. 

Still, I hope Benn knocks him out. Can't stand Eubank, he's desperate to be the star but Hearn or Warren won't touch him due his childish and diva like personality. Benn on the other hand is a hungry and aggressive fighter who loves a shoot-out when it comes to boxing and has all the attributes to be a world elite level fighter in my opinion.

On 17/07/2022 at 13:20, boslemportvale91 said:

Dominating win for young Ryan Garcia last night. Definitely improving by each fight 

Safe to say they all building him as the next superstar in US boxing similar to Canelo 

Yep, Dominating performance by Garcia who threw some devastating body shots. Fortuna looked outclassed and out gunned to me.

Agree with what you say about Benn moving up to Middleweight to fight Eubanks Jr but is he fought the likes of Danny Garcia he'd have to be careful of Garcia's left hook, either Thurman or Garcia would be a good fight though and get him exposure in the USA. 

I thought the problem was with Eubank Snr, Eubank Jr appears to be "Normal" person when I've seen him interviewed. The stories from Eddie Hearn when he's been trying to deal with Eubank Snr are unreal. 

Apparently GGG vs Canelo III is being fought at Super Middleweight, unsure who that favors.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Yep, Dominating performance by Garcia who threw some devastating body shots. Fortuna looked outclassed and out gunned to me.

Agree with what you say about Benn moving up to Middleweight to fight Eubanks Jr but is he fought the likes of Danny Garcia he'd have to be careful of Garcia's left hook, either Thurman or Garcia would be a good fight though and get him exposure in the USA. 

I thought the problem was with Eubank Snr, Eubank Jr appears to be "Normal" person when I've seen him interviewed. The stories from Eddie Hearn when he's been trying to deal with Eubank Snr are unreal. 

Apparently GGG vs Canelo III is being fought at Super Middleweight, unsure who that favors.

I think the problem with Eubank is he wants the big fights with Canelo and Golovkin but other then beating a past it Degale he's really not done anything to be a realt title contender. He's even trying to get a fight with Jake Paul now 

Looking forward to the final fight and hopefully justice will prevail. I think this could be Golovkin last fight though unfortunately. One of my all time favourite fighters

Apparently Canelo wants a rematch with Bivol if he beats GGG. 

Edited by boslemportvale91

Advert:

Excellent fight between Ballam Smith and Chamberlain tonight. Proper slugfest and s great crowd for local boy Ballam 

Enjoyed that. 

Same can't be said about this Josh Kelly fight. Sad to see drop down to Channel 5

Garcia-Benavidez should be a cracker 

17 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Excellent fight between Ballam Smith and Chamberlain tonight. Proper slugfest and s great crowd for local boy Ballam 

Enjoyed that. 

Same can't be said about this Josh Kelly fight. Sad to see drop down to Channel 5

Garcia-Benavidez should be a cracker 

Superb performance by Danny Garcia last night, completely out boxed the bigger man in Jose Benavidez and showed he's not just a left hook.  What was the judge watching who scored the fight a draw, Mexican cartels at it again???? I know watching  on tv we get the chance to see replays but that decision was downright incomprehensible..

6 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Superb performance by Danny Garcia last night, completely out boxed the bigger man in Jose Benavidez and showed he's not just a left hook.  What was the judge watching who scored the fight a draw, Mexican cartels at it again???? I know watching  on tv we get the chance to see replays but that decision was downright incomprehensible..

Funny you mentioned that. The judge who you mentioned also gave it jeff horn in his fight against manny pacquiao. That was a robbery 

Can't help but think these judges are taking bungs 

• Like 1