Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Two cracking fights over the States this weekend with Oscar Valdez taking on Floyd Mayweather protégé Shakur Stevenson. Both unbeaten and exciting to watch should be a banger.

Also got the Katie Taylor-Serrano fight at Madison Square Garden. With Liam Smith on the undercard. Interesting fight but I can't stand that Jake Paul though 

Advert:

Enjoyed both fights.

Stevenson was able to bully his opponent better than i expected, would have been nice if Valdez could have landed a good sold shot close in.....comfortable win in the end

Katie Taylor....What a brawl, a lot of people had Seranno as the woman to beat her pre fight

But a typiclal Taylor fight for me

Thought she had gone in the 5th but wow what resiliance

Last 3 rounds won me for Katie, that surprised me as i expected Amanda to fiinish the stronger of the 2

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LoveRapt said:

Enjoyed both fights.

Stevenson was able to bully his opponent better than i expected, would have been nice if Valdez could have landed a good sold shot close in.....comfortable win in the end

Katie Taylor....What a brawl, a lot of people had Seranno as the woman to beat her pre fight

But a typiclal Taylor fight for me

Thought she had gone in the 5th but wow what resiliance

Last 3 rounds won me for Katie, that surprised me as i expected Amanda to fiinish the stronger of the 2

Agree with all that. Taylor-Serrano was an excellent fight. Made history and put women's boxing on top for the world to see. Well done to both especially Katie who no doubt has made a legacy for herself

Big fan of Stevenson style. Would love see him take on Loma next 

Stevenson was the better boxer, bigger man and dominated the fight, I was surprised at the size difference between Stevenson and Valdez, Stevenson looked like a Welterweight.

BPV, I think Stevenson is too big for Loma, he should pick on someone his own size!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Stevenson was the better boxer, bigger man and dominated the fight, I was surprised at the size difference between Stevenson and Valdez, Stevenson looked like a Welterweight.

BPV, I think Stevenson is too big for Loma, he should pick on someone his own size!!

If anyone can do it , Loma can I reckon. Although there's talk he will fight the winner of Haney-Kambosos which will be a cracker. 

Canelo-Bivol next weekend. Should be a decent scrap, with the potential of the much needed GGG sequel. Can Golovkin do it at this point in his career ? 

Interesting enough , Hearn wanted to set up Canelo-Andrade. However Andrade decided to take the zach Parker fight at Pride Park. Can't say I know much about Parker other then he's with Frank Warren promotion 

Advert:

You have a point 

I beliive Stevenson only just made the weight for this fight (dropping his pants) for the weigh in

But he does look pritty damb good

Claressa Shields the so called  gwoat is soon to take on Savannah Marshall..... after watching the Taylor Sararnno fight

They have something to live up to.....but this could be another belter on a par with the mens

In honesty if the ladies went for 3 min rounds it would stop a lot the we should be on Equals argument

Persnally I love the ladies fights, though no where as intensive as the mens.

All died down a bit on the male front....Hoping Connor Benn is the new boy on the block....His dad was my favorite :UK fighter

We need a new Hero just

now

Can,t beat a beat of pure forcefull agtession

Posted (edited)

Big win for Bivol last night against Canelo. Can't believe the judges gave Canelo 4 rounds ! Thought we almost had another dodgy Vegas judges on the go for a second. 

Fair play to Canelo he takes on anyone and has beaten the best but everyone underestimated Bivol who put a masters class performance on and boxed Canelo head off 

Edited by boslemportvale91

Did not really know a lot about D Bivol other than the fact he was undefeated.

But to beat Canelo who,s only loss was against Mayweather underlines just what a good performance it was.

Thought he made himself elusive in the early rounds,and went for it in the latter rounds picking Canelo off with some pressision punching

• Like 1

Thought Bivol controlled the fight with his reach and jab and the result was right. Canelo looked more knackered at the end than at any time I've seen him box, probably due to fighting a bigger guy and he himself was carrying more weight.

• Like 2

Advert:

I've only seen Floyd Mayweather Jr is fighting in an exhibition this Saturday in Dubai against a boxer called Don Moore. A 40 something fighter with 16 wins, although his debut was in 1999 ! 

It's also on livetv ppv which I've never heard off. 

Surely Mayweather doesn't need the money by now ? Especially after that embrassing logan Paul fight. 

4 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've only seen Floyd Mayweather Jr is fighting in an exhibition this Saturday in Dubai against a boxer called Don Moore. A 40 something fighter with 16 wins, although his debut was in 1999 ! 

It's also on livetv ppv which I've never heard off. 

Surely Mayweather doesn't need the money by now ? Especially after that embrassing logan Paul fight. 

I'm with you on this BPV, Floyd is one of the greatest boxers of all time and should find something to do for the good of the sport, if this exhibition bout with Moore is for charity then that's a different equation but if it is why is it not against another retired, former world class boxer.  Mayweather just seeks attention and that's possibly the reason and bottom line.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So Brook and now Khan both retired. Fair play to both fighters, fought the best and never backed down from a big fight ( other then fighting each other till this year)

Froch, Degale , Groves, Brook and Khan. End of an era really 

I still refuse to believe Fury is done. They'll hype his return and throw loads of promotional videos/hype when he makes the "comeback" against Usyk or Joshua 

Edited by boslemportvale91

Good scrap between Charlo and castro last night. Close fight till Charlo stopped him.

I saw the highlights to the Kovalev fight against Pulev young brother. Not a bad scrap. Interesting to see how Kovalev does at cruiserweight 

The other Pulev fight was awful. Should have been stopped earlier on in my opinion.

Wasn't a bad night on channel 5 for boxing either. Gutted for Josh Kelly , opponent pulled out of the last minute due to a fine

Should be a decent fight next week between Buatsi and Richards. Buatsi toughest test in my opinion 

Advert:

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/05/2022 at 13:05, boslemportvale91 said:

Canelo GGG III confirmed for September 

Not sure what the weight is, have read reports it's at Supermiddleweight, if so that would favor Canelo.

Looking forward to seeing the winner of the GGG Canelo triology

But again pushing the ladies bouts to the forefront, M Mayer and Baumgartner should be interesting