Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

15 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Dominating performance from Lomachenko. 

Great night of boxing all round 

Watched the Loma fight, he completely dismantled Richard Commey who's got 30 wins, 27 by KO.

I've never seen a fighter back off an opponent and motion to the opposition corner to stop the fight as Loma did last night, three times he did it knowing Commey was badly hurt. I was surprised the ref didn't stop it cause Commey was taking a lot of punches.

Had to suffer Tyson Fury singing happy birthday the Bob Arum for Arum's 90th b'day, he followed it up by singing American Pie and sang the final lyrics, "This will be the day tat I die", I was unsure whether those words were appropriate for a 90 year old!!!!

Many excellent fighters in the Lightweight division with the added spice that Kamdosos unexpectedly beat Teofimo Lopez

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fight of the year?  Fury-Wilder will go down for many and rightfully so.

Personally Josh Taylor-Ramirez was my favourite. 

Fighter of the year has to go to Canelo. Not his biggest fan due his antics/dodgy dealings but he's definitely smashed some records this year. 

Crawford also had a fantastic year. Crawford-Erroll Spence Jr has to happen eventually 

On 30/12/2021 at 18:44, boslemportvale91 said:

Fight of the year?  Fury-Wilder will go down for many and rightfully so.

Personally Josh Taylor-Ramirez was my favourite. 

Fighter of the year has to go to Canelo. Not his biggest fan due his antics/dodgy dealings but he's definitely smashed some records this year. 

Crawford also had a fantastic year. Crawford-Erroll Spence Jr has to happen eventually 

All good shouts BPV, I would add Teo Lopez vs Kambosos as candidate for fight of the year.

GGG vs Morata scheduled for 29th Dec 2021 in Japan was canceled due to Covid, no date for the rematch yet.

GGG turns 40 in April, likely the trilogy with Canelo won't happen due to his age and Canelo wanting to fight at super middleweight.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2022 at 19:12, Paul6754 said:

All good shouts BPV, I would add Teo Lopez vs Kambosos as candidate for fight of the year.

GGG vs Morata scheduled for 29th Dec 2021 in Japan was canceled due to Covid, no date for the rematch yet.

GGG turns 40 in April, likely the trilogy with Canelo won't happen due to his age and Canelo wanting to fight at super middleweight.

Boxing off this month in the UK due to covid and the need for extra paramedics. Surely football would be the same ? 

I've not seen the Martin-Ortiz fight yet but apparently the ref should have stopped it earlier ? I was amazed to read Martin knocked down Ortiz twice

• 1 month later...

Like his Dad. Love him or hate him. He did the biz there on Williams  on  his home territory. Like his Dad, much underrated.  What is to dislike?   Apart from the usual he is a ........ ........ ?

Edited by toyahw

12 hours ago, toyahw said:

Like his Dad. Love him or hate him. He did the biz there on Williams  on  his home territory. Like his Dad, much underrated.  What is to dislike?   Apart from the usual he is a ........ ........ ?

Eubank Jr will never hit his father level. His past fight against the elite like Groves and BJS shows that. He got absolutely destroyed in both fights. 

Claiming to be the best beating an aging Degale and a British level standard Willams doesn't make you the best.

GGG, Andrade and the Charlo Brothers are way to skilled for Eubank Jr and his jaw wouldn't last. 

It wasn't long ago he was fighting for the IBO belt on channel 5 but since Sky sports lost matchroom they need poster boys for the channel. Sadly that's the standard of Sky sports Boxing now,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting one tonight between Khan-Brook. For me this fight should have happened 5-6 years ago but here we are 

I'd love to see Brook take it but for me Khan wins this. 

Besides the main event, not much going on the undercard again. Dreadfully especially as it's box office. 

I miss the days where it was bbc/itv that had boxing 

11 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Interesting one tonight between Khan-Brook. For me this fight should have happened 5-6 years ago but here we are 

Besides the main event, not much going on the undercard again. Dreadfully especially as it's box office. 

Nah Brook in 8, absolutely nailed on.

On 06/02/2022 at 18:25, boslemportvale91 said:

Eubank Jr will never hit his father level. His past fight against the elite like Groves and BJS shows that. He got absolutely destroyed in both fights. 

Claiming to be the best beating an aging Degale and a British level standard Willams doesn't make you the best.

GGG, Andrade and the Charlo Brothers are way to skilled for Eubank Jr and his jaw wouldn't last. 

It wasn't long ago he was fighting for the IBO belt on channel 5 but since Sky sports lost matchroom they need poster boys for the channel. Sadly that's the standard of Sky sports Boxing now,

GGG against Eubank jr, that would be piteous to watch.

• Like 1

Golovkin...esq performance by Kell Brook, walked Khan down, cut off the ring and didn't give him any time or space to dance. Kell was in Khan's face all fight and his power punches and pressure wore Khan down.  Good stoppage by the ref as Khan was taking too much punishment. It was obvious from the first round when Khan's legs started to wobble that there was only gonna be one winner.

To some extent I feel sorry for Kell Brook as his loss to Golovkin set his career back. At the time Golovkin was not the guy to go up in weight and fight.  Has Kell got one more World Championship fight left in him?....only he and his corner know that..

Time for Amir khan to retire, that glass chin is telling him something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Golovkin...esq performance by Kell Brook, walked Khan down, cut off the ring and didn't give him any time or space to dance. Kell was in Khan's face all fight and his power punches and pressure wore Khan down.  Good stoppage by the ref as Khan was taking too much punishment. It was obvious from the first round when Khan's legs started to wobble that there was only gonna be one winner.

To some extent I feel sorry for Kell Brook as his loss to Golovkin set his career back. At the time Golovkin was not the guy to go up in weight and fight.  Has Kell got one more World Championship fight left in him?....only he and his corner know that..

Time for Amir khan to retire, that glass chin is telling him something.

I Wonder if Brook takes the Eubank fight ? Junior certainly had a lot to say about it like usual. Definitely a bigger challenge for Eubank compared to his fights against Willams and Degale 

Khan is done now. Been done for years to be honest. 

Fair play to both though. Had some big fights over the years against the canelo , GGG , Crawford , Erroll Spence and Garcia. 

Perhaps a fitting end to both fighters career if it was to end 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I loved the days when Harry Carpenter was commentating on the boxing for the BBC and then later when Barry Mcguigan and Jim Watt was involved with ITV.

Same over here now as HBO don't show Boxing any more and it's sporadic on Showtime. The HBO commentary team of Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Emmanuel Steward/Roy Jones was superb, perhaps as good as any commentary team in any sport. 

Boxing has really suffered this last two-three years with COVID, Promoters and and the fragmentation of who's showing the fights. Over here there is Showtime, DAZN, ESPN+, ESPN, Premier Boxing Champions on different channels plus a smattering of "smaller" channels showing fights, no one knows what fights are on, on what channel, date and time, it can't be good for the sport. Many prominent boxers don't seem to have fought for 2-3 years unless I've missed the fights!!.

• Like 1